Charge failure in “cold” weather

rplenge

Cars
Lucid Grand Touring
I am a new Lucid GT owner. I am trying to charge in 27 degree F temperature but receive the error “energy limited due to cold battery”. I called customer service, who suggested preconditioning the battery…which I did, but received the failure notice again. I have tried three different level 3 chargers…same error. Others are charging their cars, so the problem seems to be on my end. Battery life is now down to 17 miles, so I am in a critical situation! Photos below.

Attachments

• IMG_2263.png
    IMG_2263.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 153
  • IMG_2269.png
    IMG_2269.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 148
Which charger are you using? If it's the mobile cable try ensuring your plugs are all pushed in fully. Does the charger display any lights? Was it working before? Need more info to help.

Oh I see you are at a charging station. Keep trying different plugs or unplugging and replugging. Reboot the car, Air logo reset.

The error at the top is unrelated to the "energy limited due to cold battery" message. The latter is just a minor warning that happens to all of us - you lose a bit of power in the cold, that's all. The top error is much more concerning, make sure you communicate that part to Lucid. Preconditioning will not help and I would recommend against it right now, it's just going to drain your battery.

I've Had that error message before on occasion. Did you try a soft Lucid logo reset takes 2 min then plug in?

A friend in Naples who is considering an EV just sent me this story out of Chicago. He was thoroughly alarmed . . . until I reminded him he's never driven any of his cars in cold weather in the 18 years I've known him.

I am a new Lucid GT owner. I am trying to charge in 27 degree F temperature but receive the error “energy limited due to cold battery”. I called customer service, who suggested preconditioning the battery…which I did, but received the failure notice again. I have tried three different level 3 chargers…same error. Others are charging their cars, so the problem seems to be on my end. Battery life is now down to 17 miles, so I am in a critical situation! Photos below.
I charged my AGT at an EA 150 kWh station in zero-degree weather the other day north of Denver and although the energy limited message was on for about 15 minutes the car charged. Slowly at first at like 40 kWh but after ten minutes or so it increased to about 80 kWh. Yes. it took longer to charge, but it charged to 75%. I do not recall the exact time that the charge took, but it was about 15 minutes longer than when the ambient temperature was above freezing. Typically, I plan to do some grocery shopping at the charging location so it is not inconvenient. It is an adjustment compared to ICE, but when charging in one's garage one never has to spend time at a gas station unless on a road trip. I'll take that trade-off any day, especially given the instant torque and numerous other advantages of the AGT.

Wondering if you got this figured out before battery was zero?

Back