Charging limited due to cold battery, for 3 hours?

raj

Cars
Touring
It’s 23 degrees out. I plugged in to a 6kw charger about 3 hours ago, but charging speed has still not risen above 1kw, and I’m still getting the cold battery warning. Shouldn’t it have warmed up by now? Do I have to go back to the car to manually turn on battery preconditioning?

I had no issues L2 charging at 8+ kW with my car left below freezing overnight, with the cold battery warning. The warning is more for reduced driving range rather than charging speeds I thought. Are you sure that charger is actually putting out 6kW?

It’s 23 degrees out. I plugged in to a 6kw charger about 3 hours ago, but charging speed has still not risen above 1kw, and I’m still getting the cold battery warning. Shouldn’t it have warmed up by now? Do I have to go back to the car to manually turn on battery preconditioning?
This sounds like a charger issue to me, like the charger is telling the car it is 1kw. I've charged at 10kw at lower temps.

This sounds like a charger issue to me, like the charger is telling the car it is 1kw. I've charged at 10kw at lower temps.
You’re right, it’s a charger issue. I misread the error in the app, it’s energy limited not charging limited. Thanks

Back