Charging Performance after 2.1.52 HV Preconditioning improvements

FWIW, here’s my Touring in 69° with preconditioning.
What did you use to graph this?

But anyway, thanks for posting! I see you were also able to get 100kw at 60%. It's not a huge difference, but like my test, it shows that there is a tiny bit of improvement over @Shane_SLC 's tests on previous versions.

Also, I think it's pretty clear that unless you're driving to empty or really low SOC levels regularly, there's not a lot of benefit to preconditioning on Pure/Touring, since by 40% it's already slowed to what a cold battery will take anyway.

Also, I think it's pretty clear that unless you're driving to empty or really low SOC levels regularly, there's not a lot of benefit to preconditioning on Pure/Touring, since by 40% it's already slowed to what a cold battery will take anyway.
While that may be true in the warmer regions like the bay area, it probably not true for temperatures near zero. Very cold batteries need to warm up before they can take much current at all.

But anyway, thanks for posting! I see you were also able to get 100kw at 60%. It's not a huge difference, but like my test, it shows that there is a tiny bit of improvement over @Shane_SLC 's tests on previous versions.

This is from the “unauthorized” API via Home Assistant. I typically don’t let my SOC get this low but I was in an area of San Diego (South of Encinitas on the 5) that doesn’t have much EA coverage.

Attachments

• IMG_5614.jpeg
    IMG_5614.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 31

Here’s a curve from early February I previously posted.

While that may be true in the warmer regions like the bay area, it probably not true for temperatures near zero. Very cold batteries need to warm up before they can take much current at all.
yea that makes sense, what's the lowest low SOC rate you've seen without preconditioning?

yea that makes sense, what's the lowest low SOC rate you've seen without preconditioning?
Living in Phoenix, I am like you and never worry about preconditioning. I have only gotten below 20% SOC on two occasions and both were when the temperature was in mid 70 degree range. One time I was 290kW to 300kW initially and the second time power was limited by EA to under 100kW. EA can be another reason to not worry about preconditioning in warm climates.

@Cossa Very cool data. I've been hoping to get that kind of data for myself. It's prompted me to try Home Assistant and the cool tools developed by folks on this forum.

Could you kindly plot the data in the format used by the State of Charge graph? That is, plot battery charge state vs KW. I think this is going to produce a chart very different than the one shown in the State of Charge graph.

Everyone should install Home Assistant and you essentially get this graph “out of the box” by just setting up a graph card with this sensor.

@segbrk also just added a few more computed sensors, the most exciting of which is efficiency, so you can see how your efficiency is doing over time.

Plus you get to build automations for anything you want; my garage door just opens and closes for me as I come home or leave, and I don’t care about Homelink or when Lucid will geofence it, or anything else.

Teach a man to fish and all that :)

Back