Charging curve logs post 2.1.52

I find that the Lucid is generally 200-250 miles between stops in my GT on 19” wheels. EPA range is 516, but in reality it is more like 400-425. Then charging from 20-80% gives you ~240 miles between stops.
As discussed in many different threads, the realizable range depends on speed, elevation, temperature, wind, etc.. Furthermore, (see other threads), Lucid and Tesla appear to be more "liberal" in embellishing the EPA-rated ranges. In contrast, the German makers (Porsche, BMW, MB) are more conservative. Rivian is somewhere in the middle. Translated to real-life range (see Out-of-Spec website), Lucid and Tesla often fall short of range expectations while BMW/Porsche often beat expectations. En route, I routinely run the car down to 10% SoC before charging.

Unlike many Lucid drivers, I drive relatively conservatively, typically at or slightly above the posted max speed (70 mph in CA, 75 mph in AZ). I bought my Lucid (AGT 19") mostly for its range capability. And yes, I am disappointed in what range the Lucid delivers. That said, the Lucid AGT/19" still has a better range than most of the EVS on the market.

I drove the Phoenix to LA (400 miles, 2,700ft elevation change) and the LA to Marin County (~380 miles, 4,000 elevation change) many times in my Lexus hybrid, my Honda PHEV, my Lucid, and my Rivian R1S. The ranges I reported are from actual trips, not hypotheticals. Yes, I can, and have, made it from Phoenix to Marin County (780 miles) with 2 charging stops in my Lucid. In the Rivian R1S, it takes 3 charging stops.

I find that the Lucid is generally 200-250 miles between stops in my GT on 19” wheels. EPA range is 516, but in reality it is more like 400-425. Then charging from 20-80% gives you ~240 miles between stops.

If I did the math right, you are reporting 77.5% of EPA range when traveling at highway speeds. That sounds reasonable. That means the 100% to 0% range on the highway would be 400 miles, at the speeds you drive, and assuming your battery has 100% SoH.

Back