L3 charging failures

Chrease

Hey all,

I've owned the car now for about 9 months and have almost exclusively used an L2 charger that my work provides since its free. For the most part this has worked fine, but recently I have been trying to use some fast chargers (both Electrify America and EvGo). Unfortunately, none of the fast chargers work - and I've tried multiple stations at each charger, left the car to sit overnight then tried again, contacted customer support of EA and EvGo to reset the charger/start the charge from there. Typically what happens is that the charger seems to get authorized and start, but 10 seconds later an error appears on the car and the charging light turns red telling me to unplug and try it again. I don't think the chargers are at fault since I saw plenty of other people with cars from other manufacturers successfully charge at each station. I tested out an L2 charger after my first couple of failures which thankfuly seemed to work, but I am quite frustrated that I can't depend on any fast chargers for my car. Has anyone encountered anything like this before or will I need to contact service for this?

I would definitely contact service, especially if you’ve gone to multiple L3 charger locations where others were able to charge.

Try entering the specific charging station you are at in the scheduled charging menu
This happened to me and that was the fix

I've had this happen every time in the past at certain chargers. And never at others. I think some of the chargers may have had a bug that made them not work with my Air, but they still worked fine with other cars.

To debug this, it would be ideal to plug into a station/cable where another Lucid had just successfully charged and see if your car works.

I've had this happen every time in the past at certain chargers. And never at others. I think some of the chargers may have had a bug that made them not work with my Air, but they still worked fine with other cars.

To debug this, it would be ideal to plug into a station/cable where another Lucid had just successfully charged and see if your car works.
If you use the Plugshare app, you can look in checkin comments to see who has charged there. It shows what type of car the person leaving a comment drives so it is easy to see where other Lucids have successfully charged. In any case, write down the locations where is failed so that you can pass that along to customer care.

Just wanted to provide a quick update. I brought it to another EvGo fast charger which failed with similar issues so I brought the car into the service center. They quickly found out that the issue was in fact due to the car as the emergency release cable located above the charger (but only accessible by opening the frunk) was loose. The cable being loose is the reason why the fast charger would not work but slow chargers were fine.

Back