FEATURE 2024 Wishlist Survey

lol no, but even 2.0 is slower than every other car i've owned.
I have Audi Q5 where their S/W is buggy as hell. I have been trying them to fix but in my 5 years of ownership they haven't done sh*t to address it.
The car only plays thru YT and any other media source doesn't play when connected on native B/T

I have Audi Q5 where their S/W is buggy as hell. I have been trying them to fix but in my 5 years of ownership they haven't done sh*t to address it.
The car only plays thru YT and any other media source doesn't play when connected on native B/T
dang that sucks. Never owned an audi. i've been a bmw guy most my life and i think idrive has always been pretty good for it's time (except maybe the very very first iteration in the late 2000s? which wasn't good)

Great news, the survey results have been updated and are available at www.lucidupdates.com!
I'd like to point out that when android auto comes out, there would be no need for this item:
Replace Here maps with Google Maps

Because both basis would be covered by apple carplay and android auto. So where would those 900+ points be redistributed? Haha

dang that sucks. Never owned an audi. i've been a bmw guy most my life and i think idrive has always been pretty good for it's time (except maybe the very very first iteration in the late 2000s? which wasn't good)
Nah, even early iDrive was way ahead of the time. And as for the Audi comment, all VW brands seem to be hit by the sh!t that the main brand is putting out.

I'd like to point out that when android auto comes out, there would be no need for this item:

Because both basis would be covered by apple carplay and android auto. So where would those 900+ points be redistributed? Haha
I would still want that item because i don't like using carplay. I prefer built in maps and their integration with chargers, route planning, waypoints, etc... (also the fact that you can use the entire top and bottom panels). With carplay and probably android auto, you're restricted to using the little window on the top screen only.

Last edited:

Eh, I'd still like to keep things in the native nav as much as possible, and if google maps was in the lucid natively, it would take up the WHOLE screen and potentially the pilot panel!

even early iDrive was way ahead of the time

ahead of it's time doesn't always mean good haha. It was an innovative way of using infotainment, i dunno if you were born by then, but everyone i knew found it very confusing to locate options using the dial alone (later resolved by shortcuts around 2010 or 2011)

ahead of it's time doesn't always mean good haha. It was an innovative way of using idrive, i dunno if you were born by then, but everyone i knew found it very confusing to locate options using the dial alone (later resolved by shortcuts)
I wasn't, but I sat in a E65 once. And you are right, although I found it alright to navigate with the dial!

I would still want that item because i don't like using carplay. I prefer built in maps and their integration with chargers, route planning, waypoints, etc... (also the fact that you can use the entire top and bottom panels). With carplay and probably android auto, you're restricted to using the little window on the top screen only.
Until we get CarPlay 2 with EV integration - 2 features I voted up heavily over the builtin maps. That should get us more screen real estate. The major map apps already support some degree of EV routing with charging stops, Lucid just has to feed them the data. I like my car to be a car and my smartphone to be a smartphone, it's better that way. They just need to become better acquainted with each other.

Until we get CarPlay 2 with EV integration - 2 features I voted up heavily over the builtin maps. That should get us more screen real estate. The major map apps already support some degree of EV routing with charging stops, Lucid just has to feed them the data. I like my car to be a car and my smartphone to be a smartphone, it's better that way. They just need to become better acquainted with each other.
I have a feeling we're not going to get carplay 2. Apple announced a list of partners and Lucid wasn't on the list. I'm sure it would've been a great marketing piece for them to be mentioned in Appe's press releases.

I have a feeling we're not going to get carplay 2. Apple announced a list of partners and Lucid wasn't on the list. I'm sure it would've been a great marketing piece for them to be mentioned in Appe's press releases.
When Apple announced CarPlay 2, Lucid had barely started shipping cars. They most definitely weren't on Apple's radar.

That's no reason Apple would turn them down if Lucid wanted to incorporate CarPlay 2 in the future.

Our AAOS Volvo takes about 30 seconds to switch profiles, but it starts moving the seat position first rather than last. Much better.

We have native Google Maps in our Volvo, and it's far better than using Android Auto or Carplay. It does great EV route planning with very accurate SOC estimation and charging stops. No need to mess with a phone. To me it's a huge advantage and is the reason I'll be looking at other brands beyond Lucid for my next SUV.

I would like to think Lucid is aiming for the top of the industry and not the bottom 😂
Actually, my Jaguar is now five years old and has been absolutely perfect. They replaced the entire computer system in model year 2021 with something much better across the entire Jaguar and Range Rover range. Unfortunately, no upgrade path for the early adopters. Other than the slight software lagginess the car is a pleasure.

I submitted my survey. Thanks Bobby! I bet the house on independent control of the top and bottom screens. Let’s do this! The only Quality of Life improvement I didn’t see was being able to flip through radio presets from the steering wheel. I still miss the control on my 2006 TSX!

@Bobby do you have last year's wishlist? i'm curious to know how many of those were addressed by Lucid.
I would suggest that we keep track of possible and compare long standing list. Top 5 since last and now can be highlighted and somehow shared with Lucid leaders.

Not sure if last year's list was formally prioritized like this year.
I do recall dashcam and sentry mode frequently mentioned on the forum forever.
Who wouldn't want to have these 2 security features for a $100K car?
I assume most cars in this luxury segment are so equipped.

2016 Audi MMI software was great, really solid navigation and easy to use user interface, and I loved the customizable displays with big center navigation maps (Volvo/Polestar does this now with Google Maps but 2015-16 Audi native navigation was way ahead of the curve then, ahead of BMW and Mercedes). It really was excellent. But then I had an Audi S5 as a rental car for a couple weeks last year and man their software took several steps back and sucks now. The icons all look the same and are hard to read with non-sensical color lines on them, the navigation was very glitchy, and the ADAS malfunctioned frequently with false alerts. I was shocked at how they’d gone from a software/UI leader to basically no better than VW. The car also drove worse than the 2015 S5. I feel like the influence of VW on VW group cars is a liability.

Could you add on the wishlist tapping on the miles range to change to percentage just like in the app?

Back