Lucid Navigation Experience Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is exactly what we get in our other EV which uses native Google maps. It's a delight to use every day, and the only thing I need from my Air's software.

Yesterday, I spent a good five minutes with Lucid's nav trying to set a destination. I kept trying that long as I just couldn't believe it. The car would not accept the destination by typing in either place name or address. Gave up. When I pulled up Google Maps on my phone, it took ONE keystroke to have the destination pop up, as Google uses location context and history to predict destination searches.
I find that it works much easier to look up your destination in the Lucid app, and then send the destination to the car. The app seems to be more intuitive. I think it's also a better way to see any charging stops it has plotted out.

Wait, that's legal for a car manufacturer?
Sort of; they’d only be able to offer it in some states, and zero manufacturers would get into the business of this as it would open up so much liability.

So basically, no.

It's a kludge, but it would help me to want to hold onto the Air longer. I'm sure you know that Android Auto has been coming soon for at least two years.
While this is true, AA has now been announced as coming this year on a public earnings call, by Peter, and all over the internet, which was *not* happened before. So I see no reason to presume they’re lying now that they are actually providing some detail on a release.

Wish I could do that but the car is on an 18-month lease and I'm worried tapping into the mirror or fusebox could lead to lease return issues. Also expensive for 18 months.
Unlikely, since you could easily just “untap” it, at least for the rear fuse box. You could even make it trivial to disconnect by adding a little connector, if you wanted.

But yeah not cheap - what’s a ticket worth, with points? :p

This is exactly what we get in our other EV which uses native Google maps. It's a delight to use every day, and the only thing I need from my Air's software.

Yesterday, I spent a good five minutes with Lucid's nav trying to set a destination. I kept trying that long as I just couldn't believe it. The car would not accept the destination by typing in either place name or address. Gave up. When I pulled up Google Maps on my phone, it took ONE keystroke to have the destination pop up, as Google uses location context and history to predict destination searches.
Where were you going? I still haven’t run into this issue more than like once or twice in my ownership, but I also have the option CarPlay which I use regularly, mostly just because I like the interactivity of Waze.

I suspect that AA will really help you out in terms of helping you resolve your navigation woes.

I have similar experience couple times, but I used Apple Map as back to resolve that issue.

TY Lucid for this needed survey.
Now I feel Lucid do care. It’s just matter of resource bandwidth.

Wish I could do that but the car is on an 18-month lease and I'm worried tapping into the mirror or fusebox could lead to lease return issues. Also expensive for 18 months.

I am just using a Uniden R7 with custom firmware (1.57 from Mithheru) and Waze. Uniden is connected using a USB to cig lighter converter. In Texas, where I am, don’t think laser jammers are legal.

I find that it works much easier to look up your destination in the Lucid app, and then send the destination to the car. The app seems to be more intuitive. I think it's also a better way to see any charging stops it has plotted out.
My destination does not exist in the Lucid app either. It appears for me in Google maps using only one keystroke.
Where were you going? I still haven’t run into this issue more than like once or twice in my ownership, but I also have the option CarPlay which I use regularly, mostly just because I like the interactivity of Waze...I suspect that AA will really help you out in terms of helping you resolve your navigation woes.
I've had destination glitches with Lucid's nav at least once a week lately. I'm not making this up.
Best Chile Verde burrito in the South Bay:
AA will make using the car less frustrating. I greatly prefer a car with native apps though - Google, Waze, etc. AA is like having to connect my phone to my TV or dishwasher to get them to work. Otherwise the TV frequently changes to the wrong channel, or the dishwasher doesn't release the detergent.

Last edited:
My destination does not exist in the Lucid app either. It appears for me in Google maps using only one keystroke.

I've had destination glitches with Lucid's nav at least once a week lately. I'm not making this up.
Best Chile Verde burrito in the South Bay:
AA will make using the car less frustrating. I greatly prefer a car with native apps though - Google, Waze, etc. AA is like having to connect my phone to my TV or dishwasher to get them to work. Otherwise the TV frequently changes to the wrong channel, or the dishwasher doesn't release the detergent.
I much prefer Polestar2 Google instrument cluster 3D map or Rivian’s topographical big landscape screen map. On the other hand, I much prefer Lucid ride quality over Polestar2 and Rivian R1S.

Hi, everyone. We had a great response and are closing the form. For those who expressed interest, we will be in contact with you soon regarding whether we have a space available for you on the days for which you indicated availability.

I am just using a Uniden R7 with custom firmware (1.57 from Mithheru) and Waze. Uniden is connected using a USB to cig lighter converter. In Texas, where I am, don’t think laser jammers are legal.
Do you just have a cord hanging down the middle of the windshield though?

Hi, everyone. The survey is now closed. We had a great response. Thank you to everyone who participated. We value your feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back