Navigation System on the Lucid, does it really work?

Hum ... this has been an interesting read. Thanks to the contributors.

I do not like the smart-things so really don't know what you folk are talking about with your "google-fruits" and such. I have never used voice commands (thinking of Captn. Kirk: "Computer, take us to the nearest planet with di-lithium crystals. "
.... Mr. Spock: "captain, that is illogical..." )
1719756238092.jpeg
1719756310107.jpeg
oldest man in space = 90 yo!

I steer by the stars, which put me in the general direction, and let me discover places which I'd otherwise never see. But on trips, I do my research at home on this laptop, finding the chargers and local interest in the calm of home, and seeing what is near and about the route. Then I just head-out, with no more than a general idea in my head.

This gets us mostly there.

(playing in my head now is the brief ditty on Joe Walsh's "The Smoker you Drink the Player you Get":

"Where are we going?
"Where are we now?
"Will it be over?
"Will we make it somehow?" ( Daydream (prayer) )

1719755755105.jpeg
(for you young-'uns: the plane is upside down)

Hum ... this has been an interesting read. Thanks to the contributors.

I do not like the smart-things so really don't know what you folk are talking about with your "google-fruits" and such. I have never used voice commands (thinking of Captn. Kirk: "Computer, take us to the nearest planet with di-lithium crystals. "
.... Mr. Spock: "captain, that is illogical..." )
View attachment 21577View attachment 21578oldest man in space = 90 yo!

I steer by the stars, which put me in the general direction, and let me discover places which I'd otherwise never see. But on trips, I do my research at home on this laptop, finding the chargers and local interest in the calm of home, and seeing what is near and about the route. Then I just head-out, with no more than a general idea in my head.

This gets us mostly there.

(playing in my head now is the brief ditty on Joe Walsh's "The Smoker you Drink the Player you Get":

"Where are we going?
"Where are we now?
"Will it be over?
"Will we make it somehow?" ( Daydream (prayer) )

View attachment 21576 (for you young-'uns: the plane is upside down)
It’s amazing how alert, ‘with it’ and good he looks for a guy who’s 93 years old!

Back