Lucid Navigation Experience Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free form questions make it hard to quickly analyze the info. Given this survey was likely for high level analytics and to point the team in a general direction, it met all my needs topic wise plus a few extra.

Last question for additional input allowed me to note a few specific gripes and reason for preference of native vs Google. Appreciate the interest in user feedback.

...Last question for additional input allowed me to note a few specific gripes and reason for preference of native vs Google. Appreciate the interest in user feedback.
Interesting, I don't recall a last question for additional input. Maybe it was just added.

Interesting, I don't recall a last question for additional input. Maybe it was just added.
Yeah there is.. just completed mine.

Survey completed. I REALLY hope that UX 3.0 resolves the shortcomings of not being able to have music and nav on two different screens.

Survey completed. I REALLY hope that UX 3.0 resolves the shortcomings of not being able to have music and nav on two different screens.
It does from what was mentioned in YouTube interviews and shown at the LA Auto Show. Whether UX 3.0 comes to the Air or some form of it is yet to be seen.

Peter did mention UX enhancements coming to the Air soon so will be interesting to see if it’s an overhaul to align to 3.0 or just adding more features / options to the existing layouts.

IMHO Lucid's Nav isn't horrible. It does the job most of the time, but Google maps are superior

Completed and yes there was a field at the end for additional comments. Although it’s not a Lucid issue, I suggested that all the mods be unionized for better pay & benefits. ;)

...Although it’s not a Lucid issue, I suggested that all the mods be unionized for better pay & benefits. ;)
They could be making at least twice what they are now.

Done

You can share the address to the Lucid app and it will send it to the Lucid nav on the car. Get in, tap on the tile on the right cockpit panel, and nav kicks off to your desired location. :)
For me it's not just that feature, it's planning researching and utilizing an ecosystem that is seamless from phone to car.

I am happy to provide feedback and recommendations. I have completed the survey. I am hopeful that Lucid will take appropriate measures to improve the user experience. I enjoy driving my Air and I think there is room for improvement with the navigation software. I am curious if we (respondents) will see the pooled data from the survey.

It would also be nice to have the upcoming turns displayed in the center console for google maps and Waze (like they are for the built-in nav) . Even my old Subaru outback, which was technologically backward and used an in-house designed UX and nav system best described as amateurish, was able to display some third party app directions there.

In a car that does 0-60 in 3 seconds and hits 100 before you can blink…

The MOST important reason I use Waze is Police location.
I have discovered first hand a ticket would have paid for the radar detector and laser jammer installation in full. Now if the Lucid could utilize its sensors to do that integrated into the navigation... Then we would be in business.

I have discovered first hand a ticket would have paid for the radar detector and laser jammer installation in full. Now if the Lucid could utilize its sensors to do that integrated into the navigation... Then we would be in business.
Wait, that's legal for a car manufacturer?

For me it's not just that feature, it's planning researching and utilizing an ecosystem that is seamless from phone to car.
This is exactly what we get in our other EV which uses native Google maps. It's a delight to use every day, and the only thing I need from my Air's software.

Yesterday, I spent a good five minutes with Lucid's nav trying to set a destination. I kept trying that long as I just couldn't believe it. The car would not accept the destination by typing in either place name or address. Gave up. When I pulled up Google Maps on my phone, it took ONE keystroke to have the destination pop up, as Google uses location context and history to predict destination searches.

Last edited:
This is exactly what we get in our other EV which uses native Google maps. It's a delight to use every day, and the only thing I need from my Air's software.

Yesterday, I spent a good five minutes with Lucid's nav trying to set a destination. I kept trying that long as I just couldn't believe it. The car would not accept the destination by typing in either place name or address. Gave up. When I pulled up Google Maps on my phone, it took ONE keystroke to have the destination pop up, as Google uses location context and history to predict destination searches.
How would you be with Android Auto, as that is coming later this year?

How would you be with Android Auto, as that is coming later this year?
It's a kludge, but it would help me to want to hold onto the Air longer. I'm sure you know that Android Auto has been coming soon for at least two years.

Wish I could do that but the car is on an 18-month lease and I'm worried tapping into the mirror or fusebox could lead to lease return issues. Also expensive for 18 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back