OTA update 2.1.42

dingo

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Pure AWD, MB EQB
This is a big one it seems! My favorite is they’ve removed the constant AIR logo from the cluster and replaced it with media info!

IMG_0204.jpeg

I’m hoping the HA fixes are the real deal. If it’s anywhere close to being back where it was before they introduced lane biasing, I’ll be happy.

Do these get pushed to all vehicles at the same time? How can you tell when your has been updated?
You will see a push notification on your phone when your car has it. Or, you can open the app to the last tab and see if it shows up there.

It often takes more than a week for everyone to get the updae. So don't panic if you don't see it right away. They do it in batches.

I’m hoping the HA fixes are the real deal. If it’s anywhere close to being back where it was before they introduced lane biasing, I’ll be happy.
Same! I’ve been waiting for this update since the day they rolled out lane biasing. Crossing my fingers that it works. Now we just need an OTA that provides more time between nag alerts and my holiday wishes will be complete.

this is probably the last update before Thanksgiving so no Android Auto for my road trip :(

I wonder if you’ll be able to log in to your existing SXM account? I use CP for SXM now, but would be good to utilize integrated app

Curious if this adds album art to the instrument cluster. Looks like a good overall update.

Curious if this adds album art to the instrument cluster. Looks like a good overall update.
It does. So long as you are not in the music app on the right cockpit. Then it will show your next turn stuff.

For CarPlay users, the new widget does show Now Playing in the instrument cluster. But it does not show maps or next turn info when you leave the maps app. Bummer. But at least they put the current media there. So song that is playing, podcast, audio book, etc.

I can confirm that the 360 cam loads MUCH faster. But one small regression: the car appears silver again. No color matching to your car.

Maybe a bug? Maybe the price you pay to have it come up quicker? I’ll take the faster speed any day.

I get the SiriusXM streaming with another car, but also at home, so I will be curious to see how this is implemented. I assume I will just be prompted for my username and password to access the streaming app I already receive service on?

Those with the OTA, please tell us about HA once you get a chance to give it a go.

Also, I think they may have seriously reduced the lag on the right steering wheel volume control. It’s still not instant, especially on the first adjustment. But it’s way better.

Also, I think they may have seriously reduced the lag on the right steering wheel volume control. It’s still not instant, especially on the first adjustment. But it’s way better.
There is a built in, 0.5 second initial delay (in hardware) on the right volume control (roller) that SW can not change...

Back