Car Software Update cadence

It was advertised as being supported, therefore it should be supported.
Nobody here disagrees with you. Nobody here can do anything about it, either.

Lucid is aware, as are we, and we all hope and wish AA comes soon. There is another thread to discuss that.

Regardless of the cadence, the features rolled out via updates updates has been quite disappointing, and I fear it will be the demise of Lucid.

Please understand, I love this car - Air Touring with DreamDrive Pro, delivery Nov 2023. I love how it looks, and drives, and feels. But I chose this $110k+ car over Tesla Model S, Audi etron, and BMW i5 because I wanted something luxurious and tech forward. If I just wanted luxury, I would have stayed with BMW or Audi, and paid less, and not be worried about having an obsoleted car due to the company going under.

The feature-set in my Air is simply disappointing:

- My daughter's 2019 Subaru has ACC.
- HA is barely a step above lane assist in my company's 2022 GMC AT4X pickup truck.
- Closing my garage door after backing out is one tap on my 2012 BMW 5, but 4 taps in the Air.
- I can put my hand on that same 2012 BMW and the door unlock instantly and I can change the setting to just unlock driver door v. hoping my Air will unlock when I approach, and often having to push the handle in, and waiting for it to unlock.. and hoping a carjacker isn't waiting on the other side to hop into the passenger side since there's no option for driver door only
- I can remote start/climate-on my 2017 Ram 2500 by tapping twice on my remote vs. waiting 15 seconds for the Lucid app to load + tap into climate + tap Turn On.
- I can do conference calls in our 2017 Toyota 4Runner, but in my Air, I have to switch to speakerphone because nobody on the call can hear me.

The point is, while the hardware is very advanced, the features are not there, and Lucid's OTA updates to fix/add features is also not there (in past 6mo).

When I ordered my Air, I took heart that the car had all the hardware needed for future updates, and I read all the feature advancements that had occured since the Air dream edition debut. The Saudi investment I thought surely meant Lucid would surge forward with advancing their tech. 6 months in with my Air, and no meaningful features through it's updates.

I don't regret the car - it's beautiful, and it drives and feels like a dream. It's range is outstanding. The build quality is superb. But if it were totaled in an accident today, I'm not sure I'd go with Air again because I want something that is "tech forward". So far, this is not it.

Someone else posted that they'd only recommend the Air if the buyer liked the car exactly like it is today, and I agree. It's a fine car, it's a great car, but I would not count on it being anything more than it is today.

Last edited:
Regardless of the cadence, the features rolled out via updates updates has been quite disappointing, and I fear it will be the demise of Lucid.

Please understand, I love this car - Air Touring with DreamDrive Pro, delivery Nov 2023. I love how it looks, and drives, and feels. But I chose this $110k+ car over Tesla Model S, Audi etron, and BMW i5 because I wanted something luxurious and tech forward. If I just wanted luxury, I would have stayed with BMW or Audi, and paid less, and not be worried about having an obsoleted car due to the company going under.

- HA is barely a step above lane assist in my company's 2022 GMC AT4X pickup truck.
- Closing my garage door after backing out is one tap on my 2012 BMW 5, but 4 taps in the Air.
- I can remote start/climate-on my 2017 Ram 2500 by tapping twice on my remote vs. waiting 15 seconds for the Lucid app to load + tap into climate + tap Turn On.
- I can do conference calls in our 2017 Toyota 4Runner, but in my Air, I have to switch to speakerphone because nobody on the call can hear me.

The point is, while the hardware is very advanced, the features are not there, and Lucid's OTA updates to fix/add features is also not there (in past 6mo).

When I ordered my Air, I took heart that the car had all the hardware needed for future updates, and I read all the feature advancements that had occured since the Air dream edition debut. The Saudi investment I thought surely meant Lucid would surge forward with advancing their tech. 6 months in with my Air, and no meaningful features through it's updates.

I don't regret the car - it's beautiful, and it drives and feels like a dream. It's range is outstanding. The build quality is superb. But if it were totaled in an accident today, I'm not sure I'd go with Air again because I want something that is "tech forward". So far, this is not it.

Someone else posted that they'd only recommend the Air if the buyer liked the car exactly like it is today, and I agree. It's a fine car, it's a great car, but I would not count on it being anything more than it is today.
I get it, I really do, but you just listed 5 different cars for features you want in 1.

I get it, I really do, but you just listed 5 different cars for features you want in 1.
Lol, touché. But also notice those are all older ICE vehicles.. and a fraction the cost of the Air. Given this price point, and given Lucid's value proposition, I guess I just expected more. 😢

Going to date myself here but here goes......

I remember when you bought a car and the car was the car. The dealer said "Here are your keys, bring it back if it breaks and we will fix it" and off you went and the chances that you went back to the dealer were slim. If you wanted updates to the car that was what you did. Tires, color, stereo, etc but the features of the car were the same features unless you changed them. I think up until about 10 years ago give or take this was the case. Then feature updates started (map updates, etc) that the dealers did for you if you paid for it. Fast forward a bit and OTA updates started where the features and functionality of cars were enhanced. Fast forward to today and we want new features every month.

I'm not saying this is correct or not, it's just interesting on how things change and how fast. Disclaimer: I check this forum a lot (probably too much) to see if there has been a new OTA update :)

Lol, touché. But also notice those are all older ICE vehicles.. and a fraction the cost of the Air. Given this price point, and given Lucid's value proposition, I guess I just expected more. 😢
Well, there are certain things that don't need to be reinvented, but that doesn't push innovation and it also doesn't mean that new is necessarily better. Homelink, really sore spot, is something that falls into this category. Yes, older ICE cars have a homelink that works pretty much every time, but Lucid wanted to do something new, tied it to profiles and have us 15 possible homelink setups, innovation but at the expense of simplicity.

- I can put my hand on that same 2012 BMW and the door unlock instantly and I can change the setting to just unlock driver door v. hoping my Air will unlock when I approach, and often having to push the handle in, and waiting for it to unlock.. and hoping a carjacker isn't waiting on the other side to hop into the passenger side since there's no option for driver door only

This comparisons are just silly. But, I do have a few to add.
-I’m disappointed my Lucid doesn’t seat 45. I was on a bus the other day that does.
-I’m disappointed that I can’t edit video in my Lucid. I can easily do it on my laptop.
-I’m disappointed that I cannot use my Lucid to drive in the ocean. I was at the beach the other day and I saw lots of boats that were able to do that.

I would add that I bought my AT in Dec 2022 with home charging "coming soon in the future" and now a year and a half later I'm staring down another hurricane season in New Orleans without this feature that was a huge reason I bought this car. I've had to evacuate multiple times and stayed away longer than I needed to because the power was out and this car was supposed to be able to keep me in my home at least for a couple of days.

I would add that I bought my AT in Dec 2022 with home charging "coming soon in the future" and now a year and a half later I'm staring down another hurricane season in New Orleans without this feature that was a huge reason I bought this car. I've had to evacuate multiple times and stayed away longer than I needed to because the power was out and this car was supposed to be able to keep me in my home at least for a couple of days.
Never buy a car for features it doesn’t yet have.

There must be a clever work-around using the V2V charging cables and an inverter to get 115v AC for lights and refrigerator ?

When a summer storm took out our power for a few days I told the kids " It's OK we'll just open all the windows for a cross- flow and play scrabble "(we have our own rules: any combination of letters is legal if you can make up an acceptable definition). = a creative element for those with a limited vocabulary. Sometimes the pronunciation of the challenged word is the most fun part of the game...especially if the "word" has no vowels.If you read the rules of Scrabble this is allowed = you can challenge any word, but if you are wrong you lose your turn.

Candles are fun until they aren't. I don't know how civilization survived open flames in wooden cities.
Batteries are typically near dead when you need them and have short useful lives.
But mostly = we forget what a summer night is like without air conditioning.

It would be nice to string an extension cable from the car to a lamp and box fan in the window.
Surprised Lucid did not include an inverter for 115v outlets somewhere in the car. Maybe on the Gravity ?

There must be a clever work-around using the V2V charging cables and an inverter to get 115v AC for lights and refrigerator ?

When a summer storm took out our power for a few days I told the kids " It's OK we'll just open all the windows for a cross- flow and play scrabble "(we have our own rules: any combination of letters is legal if you can make up an acceptable definition). = a creative element for those with a limited vocabulary. Sometimes the pronunciation of the challenged word is the most fun part of the game...especially if the "word" has no vowels.If you read the rules of Scrabble this is allowed = you can challenge any word, but if you are wrong you lose your turn.

Candles are fun until they aren't. I don't know how civilization survived open flames in wooden cities.
Batteries are typically near dead when you need them and have short useful lives.
But mostly = we forget what a summer night is like without air conditioning.

It would be nice to string an extension cable from the car to a lamp and box fan in the window.
Surprised Lucid did not include an inverter for 115v outlets somewhere in the car. Maybe on the Gravity ?
Check out this THREAD

Mods this is a violation of the rules. Please lock this thread.
Seriously? This forum can't be all rainbows and unicorns towards Lucid and should call out the pros and cons (with valid justification).

Maybe people wouldn't be doing comparisons to other cars if Lucid didn't overpromise and under deliver. Maybe people wouldn't complain if Lucid actually communicated with owners about what's coming down the pipeline. I don't necessarily agree with all the examples listed because I could easily provide examples of what Lucid can do vs. what others haven't etc. but his post wasn't all cons. However, I feel he's right to be annoyed based on continued false promises. $110K may be a drop in the ocean for some but for others its not and if they "buy in" to Lucid's marketing then they have every right to be annoyed \ screwed over.

Lucid does themselves no favors by promoting themselves as "Tech Forward", constantly mention OTA's in their slide decks all the time and the cars are "Future Ready" etc. but then owners are left in the dark about what these "future" updates will include .

This video is 2 years old and states DD Pro has over 30 features with many more "Coming Soon". They mention "soon" lane changing assist and Highway Pilot will come via an OTA. I don't know about you, but "coming soon" and 'soon" to me aren't over 2 years. so Lucid should either remove the video of their OFFICIAL YouTube page or provide owners with an update to what's actually going on. I don't think that's too much to ask than vs just telling people to stop comparing.

I lived through the very early days of Tesla Model S and while the first version of their software wasn't great, they iterated quickly and fixed most of my bug list within 6 months. After that, features were continually being added.

I was promised Dream Drive, Android Auto, and a working garage door interface (4 taps and some prayer is not a working interface) and am still waiting nearly 2 years later.

Back