Any Luck Geeting Production of SXM Working?

Keithmaj

Verified Owner
Cars
RX350, IB/Tahoe Touring
Referral Code
6EDNB149
So after I installed 2.1.42, I noticed SXM stopped working, essentially was blank without providing the usual menu options for operation. Based on the 2.1.42 notes I assumed my SXM Beta version was no longer available and that a new production version was installed which required a separate SXM (one of three) streaming subscription. I thought we were going to get a 90 day free trial, but I didn't see any such option. Tried the SXM path under Settings>Applications. Drilled down to Contact SiriusXM. The phone connection to SXM CC didn't work but my Air did provide me an alpha numeric Radio ID which it instructed me to provide to SXM Customer Care. After explaining my Air doesn't have a native satellite receiver or antenna, so streaming applications rely on the car's internet for connectivity, I told the CC person I was trying to get a streaming subscription working in my Air. After traversing though several of the Application menu paths, she wasn't able to find any of the expected log-in options (Sign In or Listen Now). SXM CC came to the conclusion that although I was showing I had the latest version 11.6.3 version of SXM, it looked as though it may not have been fully installed during our OTA update.

I then called Lucid Customer Service who instructed me to do an Air Logo reset which successfully restored the SXM beta version. Unfortunately he wasn't able to determine if there had been any reported or known problems with 2.1.42's SXM updates. He said her would submit a query to SW Engineering, but wouldn't expect any feedback until after the holiday...

Anyone else experiencing these problems?

The SiriusXM in my car is working the same as before after the 2.1.42 update. I assumed it was running under the free trial rather than Beta., but I haven't checked anything in the Settings yet. Since we have 90 days of free trial time, I'm not rushing to call them. I'll probably get around to it over Thanksgiving weekend.

The SiriusXM in my car is working the same as before after the 2.1.42 update. I assumed it was running under the free trial rather than Beta., but I haven't checked anything in the Settings yet. Since we have 90 days of free trial time, I'm not rushing to call them. I'll probably get around to it over Thanksgiving weekend.
I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't mind letting me know what version of the SXM app you have and whether it has an obvious changes / improvements. TIA

I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't mind letting me know what version of the SXM app you have and whether it has an obvious changes / improvements. TIA
I do not know what version it is. Where would I find that? When I go to Setting -> SiriusXM, it just says Subscription: Premier. Please subscribe to enjoy SiriusXM and gives a phone number. But it's working exactly the way it has been for the last half year, nothing different.

I do not know what version it is. Where would I find that? When I go to Setting -> SiriusXM, it just says Subscription: Premier. Please subscribe to enjoy SiriusXM and gives a phone number. But it's working exactly the way it has been for the last half year, nothing different.
Well I'm not sure what has happened since I called Lucid CS, but SXM seems to be working with all my favorites, etc., still intact. When I now go to Settings>Applications>SiriusXM>Listeners, Account & Settings it now looks different and now says Subscription: Premier, Please subscribe to enjoy SiriusXM. Makes me think I now have the free 90 day production version. So far, I haven't seen any differences but I'll need to explore more. If you click the Location Data option under System Settings it displays your installed Radio ID and software version number. I'm now convinced I had a partial update and the Air Logo cleaned it up, or else Lucid pushed some type of update. At least I am up and running again...

Back