Any Luck Geeting Production of SXM Working?

This thread is ridiculous. It is the consumer's responsibility to perform some due diligence on features in any product they are purchasing. Blaming the company AFTER the fact is just silly. There are no EXPECTATIONS, regardless of price that certain features are included. Coming up on 3 years of sales, the entirety of the blame of disappointment rests on the buyer's shoulders. No point in keeping this thread going. Back to the topic at hand. Anyone able to get SXM working with an aftermarket solution. All unrelated posts after this will be deleted.

This thread is ridiculous. It is the consumer's responsibility to perform some due diligence on features in any product they are purchasing. Blaming the company AFTER the fact is just silly. There are no EXPECTATIONS, regardless of price that certain features are included. Coming up on 3 years of sales, the entirety of the blame of disappointment rests on the buyer's shoulders. No point in keeping this thread going. Back to the topic at hand. Anyone able to get SXM working with an aftermarket solution. All unrelated posts after this will be deleted.
Agreed

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to have expectations that industry standard functionality should be there so I understand your frustration. How about using the SXM IOS app via CarPlay? I know you said that you’re in a rural area but there’s very few places left without access to cellular internet. Last I check it’s close to 90% coverage in the US.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to have expectations that industry standard functionality should be there so I understand your frustration. How about using the SXM IOS app via CarPlay? I know you said that you’re in a rural area but there’s very few places left without access to cellular internet. Last I check it’s close to 90% coverage in the US.
Northern Ca coastal areas are zip nada cell coverage
SXM Zeorkd fine when we hv internet. We are quite interested in news as it happens in these uncertain times
It is also nice to be able to switch between different talking heads to get a real perspective on the current “truths”
We purchased the. LGT to avoid filling up every third day commuting to work In MBZ S car. Nice but gas was a pain and we h. Solar. Now just plug in and fill up w sunshine!
Looked at Amazon Sirius boxes. Looks like 12v is needed … that’s in the trunk?! Anyway to obtain it in cockpit?

SXM Zeorkd fine when we hv internet. We are quite interested in news as it happens in these uncertain times
It is also nice to be able to switch between different talking heads to get a real perspective on the current “truths”
We purchased the. LGT to avoid filling up every third day commuting to work In MBZ S car. Nice but gas was a pain and we h. Solar. Now just plug in and fill up w sunshine!
Looked at Amazon Sirius boxes. Looks like 12v is needed … that’s in the trunk?! Anyway to obtain it in cockpit?
You (or someone) can pull extra 12V from the fuse box in the passenger footwell area. Or the one I linked looks like it takes regular old Micro-USB, it just happens to come with a 12V adapter.

Uncertain times? I’m pretty certain it’s going to be a fluster cluck. But I digress..
Edit or as mentioned above get one with a usb connection.
How about a USB to 12V adapter? Not sure how many amps you need but I used something like this to power a radar detector and a dash cam temporarily. You could probably cutoff the sockets and hardwire. FARSENSE USB A to 12V Cigarette Lighter Adapter-USB DC 5V to 12V Step Up Car Cigarette Lighter Socket Converter Cable(3FT Supports Voltage Display,for Dash Cam,GPS,Driving Recorder,Etc https://a.co/d/89dOmBF

You remembered that statistic wrong. Maybe where 90% of the population lives is covered by cell service, but nowhere near that amount of actual land.

I'm a wildlife photographer. Most of the places I go hiking have no cell service. I too am frustrated by the lack of satellite radio. I thought I could add an aftermarket solution for that, but there's no aux input to the stereo, so no way to play from an external receiver. Yes, there are satellite receivers that rebroadcast as FM radio, but at a further audio quality degradation. And given the poor radio reception of the car, I don't know that it would work at all.

Reactions: DBV
Yes, there are satellite receivers that rebroadcast as FM radio, but at a further audio quality degradation. And given the poor radio reception of the car, I don't know that it would work at all.
The SiriusXM unit I linked in a previous post plays over bluetooth.

You remembered that statistic wrong. Maybe where 90% of the population lives is covered by cell service, but nowhere near that amount of actual land.

I'm a wildlife photographer. Most of the places I go hiking have no cell service. I too am frustrated by the lack of satellite radio. I thought I could add an aftermarket solution for that, but there's no aux input to the stereo, so no way to play from an external receiver. Yes, there are satellite receivers that rebroadcast as FM radio, but at a further audio quality degradation. And given the poor radio reception of the car, I don't know that it would work at all.
I think you're right it's 97 of the population has access to internet. As noted the SXM linked works over BT.
Or this?

satellite-dish.jpg

The SiriusXM unit I linked in a previous post plays over bluetooth.
I looked at that. I haven't tried it, but as far as I could tell, if you have a bluetooth audio source selected, you can no longer connect your phone at the same time (the system seems to support only one connection at a time). So no maps from the phone, no hands-free call answering. You might say that I don't need those things if I am where cell service doesn't work. But I'm not going to pull over on the highway and reconfigure all of my devices as I pass in and out of service areas...

I looked at that. I haven't tried it, but as far as I could tell, if you have a bluetooth audio source selected, you can no longer connect your phone at the same time (the system seems to support only one connection at a time). So no maps from the phone, no hands-free call answering. You might say that I don't need those things if I am where cell service doesn't work. But I'm not going to pull over on the highway and reconfigure all of my devices as I pass in and out of service areas...
We use these along with sat phones when we go hunting in the UP. Works great. https://satellitephonestore.com/catalog/rent/details/iridium-go-252

Ah... if you're using CarPlay, how about wired CarPlay? Plug it into the USB under the arm wrest. Not saying it's perfect, just trying to get you to something that works.

I think you're right it's 97 of the population has access to internet. As noted the SXM linked works over BT.
Or this?

View attachment 22003
LMAO TU
Very frustrated with lack of a “ solution “ from Lucid. Let's see, hang a dash cam from windshield with wires draped through the steering wheel , over the dash, under the feet, and into to “ foot well “ wherever that is ? And Velcro a Sat receiver to the w/s as well with wires for power to a power converter to go from USB A to 12 volts and then BT connection to car that negates my cell phone. Oh brother.. there must be someone at Lucid listening to this !? Surely hope so.

Zero help from the phone support line.

Love driving the LGT and filling up with sunshine but c’mon these items could be retrofitted with some factory support . For the most tech car on the road these items need addressing

Has anyone found a collapsible ( into a small circle) springy reflective w/s Sun protector that fits the L ?
TU
Paulk

LMAO TU
Very frustrated with lack of a “ solution “ from Lucid. Let's see, hang a dash cam from windshield with wires draped through the steering wheel , over the dash, under the feet, and into to “ foot well “ wherever that is ? And Velcro a Sat receiver to the w/s as well with wires for power to a power converter to go from USB A to 12 volts and then BT connection to car that negates my cell phone. Oh brother.. there must be someone at Lucid listening to this !? Surely hope so.

Zero help from the phone support line.

Love driving the LGT and filling up with sunshine but c’mon these items could be retrofitted with some factory support . For the most tech car on the road these items need addressing

Has anyone found a collapsible ( into a small circle) springy reflective w/s Sun protector that fits the L ?
TU
Paulk
You don’t have to do any of those things. The car didn’t come with a satellite radio, and never promised it would. Instead, it came with a subscription option via cellular.

If you’d like to add an aftermarket feature, you are free to. I added a radar detector; I’d have loved for Lucid to install that for me, but I recognize the car didn’t come with it, and thus it is on me.

Just because you would like this feature does not mean Lucid owes it to you.

Have you looked at the Lucid windshield sunshade? https://store.lucidmotors.com/lucid-air-sunshade-windshield/

You don’t have to do any of those things. The car didn’t come with a satellite radio, and never promised it would. Instead, it came with a subscription option via cellular.

If you’d like to add an aftermarket feature, you are free to. I added a radar detector; I’d have loved for Lucid to install that for me, but I recognize the car didn’t come with it, and thus it is on me.

Just because you would like this feature does not mean Lucid owes it to you.

Have you looked at the Lucid windshield sunshade? https://store.lucidmotors.com/lucid-air-sunshade-windshield
Yes we hv looked at that type w/s cover. They do work but extremely bulky to store and use. The spring type are much easier
Thank you for your comments. When we saw Sirius XM we never thought that was via internet! Two MBZ cars, and a Jeep GC and all hv Sat connectivity. I guess we were spoiled with fine cars and expected the LGT to be same
Hopefully they will catch on
P
Burning sunshine

Yes we hv looked at that type w/s cover. They do work but extremely bulky to store and use. The spring type are much easier
Thank you for your comments. When we saw Sirius XM we never thought that was via internet! Two MBZ cars, and a Jeep GC and all hv Sat connectivity. I guess we were spoiled with fine cars and expected the LGT to be same
P
Burning sunshine
I prefer the SXM via the net. Many more options. I use CarPlay for it... no subscription fee because I have lifetime in my other car.

P
Burning sunshine
Maybe they will catch up to Lucid..... doubt it though :)

Back