Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Congrats Electric Al! Quick question. Did you order Surreal Sound Pro? The tracker does not show this for you. I would be shocked if a VIN was assigned for a Touring without DDP and SSP. Just confirming.

Also, it appears that only Tourings with Santa Cruz interiors have received VINs so far. Interesting that three different colors have received VINs (Silver, White and Grey) but only one interior.
Yes, I did order Surreal Sound Pro. Don't know why it didn't show up on tracker.

Yes, I did order Surreal Sound Pro. Don't know why it didn't show up on tracker.
I have no idea what you all are talking about. It's there on the tracker.

(At least now it is ;))

Yea, I don’t think Tahoe has much of a chance for 2022 but I hope I’m wrong. Even if they do get some out, total crapshoot on what exterior color people chose.
It appears Black may be the last exterior color they get to. If they finish off Santa Cruz with Black, my guess is that they stay on Black and switch over to Tahoe? But I have no idea how all this batching gets decided, so pay no mind to me.

We still haven't seen any Red VINs, either, so it's possible Red will be last in the Santa Cruz group, too. But I think we've heard a few folks say their DA is still confident about 2022 for Red, so who knows again?

I still think a good chunk of those cars in the Bears flyovers are Tourings that are already made, and they are working through those in whatever order they see fit.

Yea, I don’t think Tahoe has much of a chance for 2022 but I hope I’m wrong. Even if they do get some out, total crapshoot on what exterior color people chose.
My DA almost gauranteed delivery of my Zeneith Red/Tahoe by the end of the year, but I live in Phoenix so perhaps that helps speed up delivery

My DA almost gauranteed delivery of my Zeneith Red/Tahoe by the end of the year, but I live in Phoenix so perhaps that helps speed up delivery
Likewise, I spoke with my DA yesterday and he seemed very confident that my
Zenith Red/Tahoe would be delivered by year end.

It appears Black may be the last exterior color they get to. If they finish off Santa Cruz with Black, my guess is that they stay on Black and switch over to Tahoe? But I have no idea how all this batching gets decided, so pay no mind to me.

We still haven't seen any Red VINs, either, so it's possible Red will be last in the Santa Cruz group, too. But I think we've heard a few folks say their DA is still confident about 2022 for Red, so who knows again?

I still think a good chunk of those cars in the Bears flyovers are Tourings that are already made, and they are working through those in whatever order they see fit.
I hope so although I did read somewhere that some of those cars in the videos are heading overseas.

@quantum What is your reservation and finalized date? I didn't see it in the tracker. May help adding that info?

Just to add to the discussion on interiors. I sent an email to my DA asking about updates about my White/Tahoe. He had none. He added a note that he had another customer with a white/Santa Cruz who needed a little more time and would I consider changing my interior to get the car about a week earlier. After discussing with my wife and the DA on the phone, we said we were okay with switching for a quicker delivery. He said he needed to figure out how to execute such a switch but we would hear back from him within a day or two. Notably he referred to this process in terms of producing the cars so he was not talking about already produced Tourings.

That feeling when your spec is being assigned VINs, but your DA is out of the office…

Interior Ceramic protection is $250 for the front alone and $500 for the full interior. A bottle of Scotchgard is $20.
You get what you pay for?

Last edited:
Likewise, I spoke with my DA yesterday and he seemed very confident that my
Zenith Red/Tahoe would be delivered by year end.
Mine says my Black/Tahoe delivery to San Diego is still on track for mid-to-late-December delivery. But we’re all hoping the trickle just magically turns into a firehose at this point

Just curious is there an exact list or could Touring owners speak to the difference observed against GT vs Touring?

"Existing EV industry standard? There is no such thing."
In layman terms, features we take for granted these days. I can name hundreds of them from basics to advanced but no point arguing on that.

"Wait, you think when all software gets written, it’s just freely publicly available to anyone else who wants it?"
Not sure if you understood what I meant by writing from scratch. I won't start writing an operating system with MS-DOS in mind rather my thought process would be "How to write a better/more advanced operating system than UNIX/MAC/windows or others existing in the industry".

"Open source is a thing, but if you think Tesla is open sourcing anything you are sadly very mistaken"
Just a quick review of open source patents from Tesla and patent pledge agreement will reveal everything there is! But your interpretation is sadly your opinion not a fact. Many startups can benefit from it and it'll be a win-win situation. That's my opinion.

Your comparison of i3 software to Tesla regarding cabin temperature is something very vague. If i3 was that superior, I wonder its non-existence. Not saying you didn't have an issue with Tesla but that's not the discussion here. No one wants cars manufacturers to start with tapes and slowly move on to wireless CarPlay or Android Auto... I can take tons of examples.

There's no point trolling me. Let's make it constructive for the forum.
With all due respect, I’m not sure you understand how software is written. Lucid cannot use any of Tesla’s features off the shelf. They had to build their own. It takes time.

Signed,
a 22 year software industry veteran and founder.

Just curious is there an exact list or could Touring owners speak to the difference observed against GT vs Touring?
try reading these two threads:

here is the list of standard equipment for touring:

With all due respect, I’m not sure you understand how software is written. Lucid cannot use any of Tesla’s features off the shelf. They had to build their own. It takes time.

Signed,
a 22 year software industry veteran and founder.
Not defending @kvinsk but paraphrasing what I think his point is "why rush the product to the market when your software is not ready for prime time. When you know what features are being offered on competing products, you should wait to make sure your product features are in line with those in the market".

I don't think you can do that and if everyone should go that route, I doubt Microsoft, Oracle or even Tesla could possibly exist. Every company has to bring their products to market to survive even if it is not fully baked, if they think the product meets some "arbitrary requirements". The market will eventually decide whether to give more time to the company or sink the company. Only time will tell for Lucid.

COMPLETED DELIVERIES​

COSMOS SILVER​

ReservationFinalized
VIN​
Delivery​
UserColorInteriorStealthRoofWheelsSurreal Sound ProDream Drive ProState/Province
Mar 26, 2022Oct 31, 2022Nov 08, 2022Nov 15, 2022@np1989SilverSanta CruzGlass
20"​
✅
✅
CA​
Apr 18, 2022Nov 01, 2022Dec 03, 2022@mnatSilverSanta Cruz
Glass​
20"​
✅
✅
WI​
Joe,
Mark me down for delivered today (12/4) a cosmos/Santa Cruz. Will get some pictures together and thoughts in a couple days. Brain is tired from sensory overload, LOL

Joe,
Mark me down for delivered today (12/4) a cosmos/Santa Cruz. Will get some pictures together and thoughts in a couple days. Brain is tired from sensory overload, LOL
Wohoooo. Every Cosmos delivered is one car closer to my delivery.

Speaking of deliveries, today I got to do the whole eSign thing on the terms and such, and for the first time reading all the fine print and seeing the actual numbers I had a moment of "Holy crap. This is a lot of money." Just a splash of reality, I suppose, before taking the final plunge.

I was impressed even the financial folks are sending out stuff like this on a Sunday, though. Lucid is definitely burning the midnight oil here to get these cars out by EOY.

Back