Grand Touring vs Touring differences?

Psymac

I know that the AGT has more hp, larger battery, and includes no cost paint choice, Glass canopy, Dreamdrive Pro and Surreal sound. Any other differences (other than motor/battery) to make up the price difference (139K vs 112K) over the AT of 27K? I read somewhere that the seats in the AT are not massage, not sure what else though.

I know that the AGT has more hp, larger battery, and includes no cost paint choice, Glass canopy, Dreamdrive Pro and Surreal sound. Any other differences (other than motor/battery) to make up the price difference (139K vs 112K) over the AT of 27K? I read somewhere that the seats in the AT are not massage, not sure what else though.
It doesn't look like the Touring has Alcantara

There is a "Compare Models" utility on the Lucid website that lays out the differences.

Both cars have the same wheel and color choices, although the 21" wheels come standard on the Grand Touring and the 20" wheels come standard on the Touring.

Standard Grand Touring features that are optional on the Touring are:

Glass Canopy
Surreal Sound
DreamDrive Pro

Features of the Grand Touring that are not available on the Touring are:

516 miles of range (vs. 406 miles)
800 hp (vs. 620)
300 kW charging (no figure given for Touring)
Nappa Leather w/ Alcantara trim (vs. natural leather w/o Alcantara trim)

Thus, the things you're getting for the $27K price premium of the Grand Touring are:

110 more miles of range
180 more hp
Glass Canopy
Surreal Sound
DreamDrive Pro
300 kW charging
Higher grade leather and Alcantara trim

The comparator did not mention massaging seats one way or the other.

I looked at this hard, and one of the factors that swung me to the GT was when my rep told me the hardware (computer) for Dream Drive Pro was something that was not installed on regular Touring version. I was assuming it would be and that I could add the Pro as a software update later (given the issues, that seemed like a good option). But, without that ability it would have to be installed separately, and there was no idea what that would cost. It is likely that a future version of the hardware will be better, but that's always part of the price of early entry.

Over my years of buying Mercedes AMG models over standard models, Audi RS models over standard models, and now a Model S Plaid over a Model S Long Range, this $27K price step-up from the Touring to the Grand Touring is well within pricing norms for the industry. In fact, it may be a little on the low side for the additional things you get.

This was all discussed recently.

The comparator did not mention massaging seats one way or the other.
Spoke to a Lucid rep this weekend at a retail location. He told me that the AT, as it stands at present, does not have massaging seats, but that they haven't disseminated a final decision on this to the sales staff.

Thanks, my bad! The 900v vs 700v charging is interesting, so I assume the GT will have a faster charging time. Will check with my SA if there are any other differences not listed on the website. Would also be concerned that the price of the Dreamdrive Pro would mostly likely increase in the next couple of years, so perhaps better to order now either for the AGT or AT.

You have factored in to AT price the paint, glass canopy, dream drive pro and surreal sound. So, the question is whether it is worth 27K to get:

110 more miles of range
180 more hp
300 kW charging
message seats

This site is quite large, so it's difficult to find things that have been said before, even if you know that they're there somewhere. And the volume of posts makes it time-consuming to read every new post.

Perhaps what we need is a different form of storing information, more like a wiki site maintained by the owners, that more easily allows searching for things.

I know we have sticky threads, but it's sometimes not obvious where to look for those either. I guess a poor man's wiki would be a subforum dedicated to sticky threads about various topics.

I wasn't trying to be an ass. Sorry if it came across that way. Just wanted to save everyone the time of rehashing stuff all over again.

No problem here, and I had the same reaction when I read the OP. I'm just not sure how to prevent it from happening again. :)
My fault, I should’ve done a search before I posted, didn’t think this topic had already been discussed in this relatively new forum. Excited nonetheless to hopefully make the transition to Lucid EV, and interestingly the Tesla is too minimal and the Mercedes looks too bloated.

My fault, I should’ve done a search before I posted, didn’t think this topic had already been discussed in this relatively new forum. Excited nonetheless to hopefully make the transition to Lucid EV, and interestingly the Tesla is too minimal and the Mercedes looks too bloated.

It has happened to all of us.

Spoke to a Lucid rep this weekend at a retail location. He told me that the AT, as it stands at present, does not have massaging seats, but that they haven't disseminated a final decision on this to the sales staff.
I was told yesterday there will be no option for AT or pure models to add the massaging seats.

Besides company info, I think this forum is the best place to get feedback and information regarding the cars themselves. In fact, all of the news sites regularly pull information from here to post their videos or on their own websites.

Besides company info, I think this forum is the best place to get feedback and information regarding the cars themselves. In fact, all of the news sites regularly pull information from here to post their videos or on their own websites.
Honestly this forum is probably better than the Lucid reps in the retail locations. They don't seem to know much more than what is on Lucid's website.

You have factored in to AT price the paint, glass canopy, dream drive pro and surreal sound. So, the question is whether it is worth 27K to get:

110 more miles of range
180 more hp
300 kW charging
message seats

A better analysis than mine. I missed that Psymac's original post about the $27k difference already factored in some options on the Touring.

Personally, as I'm a power junkie, I'd pay the extra money to get the extra horsepower. But it's not quite the bargain that I had initially concluded.

The "300 kW charging"? What is that compared to? How does that impact daily/weekly life with the car? (Sorry, EV newbie, reserved Touring but considering upgrading to GT).

Does anyone know of a silver Lucid in the bay area?
Now they are possibly changing the canopy from matte to painted I'm wondering if it looks like mismatched paint with the two silvers going on.
Sure would be nice to see one in reality.

Back