I need to catch up quick

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see this argument that Lucid's are better driver cars, but i'm not sure if this is really true...other than the Sapphire, the GT puts up really crap numbers for braking, skidpad, grip, acceleration, etc... look at car and drivers reviews of plaid and Lucids. The best Lucid (Touring) on Sport EVs does 0.93Gs on the skidpad, the Plaid does 1.03Gs...

Have you seen any track numbers where a Lucid put down half decent numbers? I think they are too heavy to be real drivers cars.

Lucid seems to be a great car if you want a well-balanced package of dynamics, build quality, luxury, space, materials, etc...but it's not a drivers car either
If you look more into those plaid skid pad ratings, you will know that it took multiple tries because the car kept oversteering. Put it on equivalent rubber to the range optimized lucid and the lucid will win.The GT/P was the fastest production car in goodwood 22 and the Laguna Seca corkscrew climb.

The lucid to me is like a carrera.. underwhelming specs but just wait until you drive it! If lotus made a sedan, it would be the lucid.

Also, I will note that almost all gas cars don’t hold a candle to a Tesla let alone a lucid. Low center of gravity’s make a HUGE impact as I’m sure @hmp10 will tell you.

That would be wrong as there is no mudslinging and op still needs a decision, so I wouldn’t.
Everything here has been rehashed elsewhere on the forum several times. I did mistake Momo for OP, so that's on me. Point still stands.

Lots of threads comparing the Tesla lineup to the Lucid, including various features.

The lucid to me is like a carrera.. underwhelming specs but just wait until you drive it! If lotus made a sedan, it would be the lucid.
I would argue the Taycan is the Carrera of EVs lol. I’ve driven that and holy hell, it’s so in tune with everything. Underwhelming specs for sure. I only did a quick test drive of the lucid and I think the steering wheel is too big and feels numb comparitively, maybe it wasn’t a curvy enough drive. I’m planning on picking up my AT on Monday, so either way I’m still gonna get it lol

I would argue the Taycan is the Carrera of EVs lol. I’ve driven that and holy hell, it’s so in tune with everything. Underwhelming specs for sure. I only did a quick test drive of the lucid and I think the steering wheel is too big and feels numb comparitively, maybe it wasn’t a curvy enough drive. I’m planning on picking up my AT on Monday, so either way I’m still gonna get it lol
The Taycan is a better driving car than the Lucid or the Model S Plaid, but it's too damn small and the range sucks.

Many taycan converts actually say the lucid drives pretty close to it, actually!(@manitou202 for example)

Steering feedback is interesting considering that car and driver said "only lucid made great steering feedback in ev sedans," but yeah the rim is a preference. Congratulations on the Touring!

The Taycan is a better driving car than the Lucid or the Model S Plaid, but it's too damn small and the range sucks.
Yea I would love to pick up a 1 or 2 year old CPO Taycan for like half price lol but it is too small for my current needs.
Steering feedback is interesting considering that car and driver said "only lucid made great steering feedback in ev sedans," but yeah the rim is a preference
Yea I didn’t really feel that to be the case. I thought i read that lucid used Porsche’s steering rack, but maybe that’s only for the sapphire?

I see this argument that Lucid's are better driver cars, but i'm not sure if this is really true...other than the Sapphire, the GT puts up really crap numbers for braking, skidpad, grip, acceleration, etc... look at car and drivers reviews of plaid and Lucids. The best Lucid (Touring) on Sport EVs does 0.93Gs on the skidpad, the Plaid does 1.03Gs...

Have you seen any track numbers where a Lucid put down half decent numbers? I think they are too heavy to be real drivers cars.

Lucid seems to be a great car if you want a well-balanced package of dynamics, build quality, luxury, space, materials, etc...but it's not a drivers car either
You are very very wrong- Lucid drives very well. You are very very mistaken. Very subtle over bumps, not jarring, for a car this heavy it takes turns very well- steady as a rock. I was blown away on how they achieved these driving dynamics.

You are very very wrong- Lucid drives very well. You are very very mistaken. Very subtle over bumps, not jarring, for a car this heavy it takes turns very well- steady as a rock. I was blown away on how they achieved these driving dynamics.
I saw it in two reviews. I watched like a million on YouTube so I don’t remember haha. One was for Touring, seemed like an amateur video

the other might’ve been savagegeese on the sapphire?

I dare you to drive my DE or any GT-P and then tell me that any Tesla is a better driver’s car. We can talk track numbers all day, but track numbers aren’t what make a car a driver’s car. They’re what make it a *fast* car. Those are different values.

Borski above says Teslas are drag racer cars and are not fun to drive anywhere but straight. This is objectively false as the Tesla does BETTER in cornering exercises than Lucids do. If anything Lucids are the straight line car that have good acceleration and are soft and comfy and luxurious and not meant for much cornering.
You’re wrong, with all due respect. I throw my DE into turns constantly, and it just… goes. Handles like a dream, no pun intended.

I have done the same on a Plaid. At speed, it squeals, struggles, and starts to get loose.

Have you done the same on a DE or GT-P? Please do and report back.

Then do it on a Touring and a Model 3, and then we can compare.

I’m certain I know how it will turn out.

Again: that’s not to bash Tesla - they make fine cars. They just aren’t cars made for *drivers*.

Or you could just go to the early Haggerty video where he drives a Lucid Dream Performance (just like mine) on the track.

It always amazes me (and this goes for any product forum) why some come to try and pick apart a car, stereo, TV display etc., that have no intention of buying. Boredom?
Troll and some of y'all gave way too much of your valuable time to this thread. Time to lock it down in my humble opinion.

And that's fine, of course i'm not arguing that Lucid owners are taking their cars to the track. I do see a lot of Tesla drivers at the track in the M3P/MYP/MSP with track mode. They don't last very long out there like most EVs, but they are reasonably capable in short stints.

Borski above says Teslas are drag racer cars and are not fun to drive anywhere but straight. This is objectively false as the Tesla does BETTER in cornering exercises than Lucids do. If anything Lucids are the straight line car that have good acceleration and are soft and comfy and luxurious and not meant for much cornering.
I have a few canyon runs in my Grand Touring in the recent past with a few sports cars and professional racecar drivers that would say otherwise about that cornering comment.

I think just 2 weeks ago I saw the Sapphire go 0-150-0 4 seconds faster than a 911 GT3?
And the Sapphire launched at the Sonoma Raceway where it was within a few seconds of the top 2 leaderboard cars which was the 911 GT3 and the Corvette C8 Z06 I believe.
And the Sapphire was running stock while the others had stickier tires.
Also 0-60 times record breaking and also quarter mile record breaking time?

I mean, Lucid definitely has numbers, am I missing something?

I think just 2 weeks ago I saw the Sapphire go 0-150-0 4 seconds faster than a 911 GT3?
And the Sapphire launched at the Sonoma Raceway where it was within a few seconds of the top 2 leaderboard cars which was the 911 GT3 and the Corvette C8 Z06 I believe.
And the Sapphire was running stock while the others had stickier tires.
Also 0-60 times record breaking and also quarter mile record breaking time?

I mean, Lucid definitely has numbers, am I missing something?
The thing is that momo was comparing the “regular” airs to the plaid, which do exhibit lower raw numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back