• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Grand Touring vs Touring differences?

i suspected as much. couldn't find any official details or schematics so just wanted to verify the logic.
I think in that same tech talk Peter alludes to the Pure (and by extension the Touring) having the deeper footwell in the back due to the battery configuration.

I have been perplexed by the different reactions to the rear seating. If you've spent a lot of time riding in the backseat of a Mercedes S Class or a BMW 7 Series and want to duplicate that feel, you're going to need the Air's smaller battery pack with the rear foot garages. (I sat in such a car for extended periods at the West Palm Beach Design Studio, and it really is as roomy and comfortable as its large German counterparts.) If you're familiar with the German rear seats and climb into the back of an Air with the larger battery pack, you're going to notice the higher foot position and slightly jacked-up knees. This was my own experience when I first encountered the large battery pack at the Miami Design Studio, and it gave me no end of trepidation in deciding whether to go forward with the purchase.

On the other hand, we've now had quite a few friends get into the back seat of our Dream Edition and -- with no prompting from us -- absolutely gush about how roomy the rear seat is. I've now volunteered for the rear seat myself on a few medium-distance drives and find the rear seating quite comfortable. On one of those rides, a 5'10 friend ran the front passenger seat forward a few minutes into the ride. I asked him why, as I had more than enough leg room. He said he was sitting so far from the firewall that he couldn't reach it for foot support. That's just how long the passenger cabin in this car is.

Back