Grand Touring vs Touring Features

mnewber1

Cars
Air Touring
DE Number
I had a discussion with someone these forums about features and came to a conclusion that during my "sales pitch" I was told about the fact the trim I had chosen at the beginning would not have these features. I reached out to my SA and got a full list of features available on Grand Touring that will not be available or will cost an added feature for Touring and Pure trims:
  • Massage seats only available on Grand Touring and above
  • Cooling seats only available on Touring trims and above
  • The 21 speaker Dolby Atmos stereo (Touring comes standard with a 12-speaker stereo)
  • Leather dashboard trim
  • Glass Canopy (it is an add-on option for the touring)
  • 900 volt charging system (vs a 700 volt in the Touring)
  • Grand Touring has additional horsepower and range
  • Grand Touring comes standard with Dream Drive Pro where Touring has Dream Drive and you would need to pay for Dream Drive Pro
  • Wheel options. The Touring comes standard with 20-inch wheels and the Grand Touring comes standard with 21-inch wheels
  • Paint selection. The touring comes standard with Stellar White or Infinite Black. If you want Cosmos Silver, Zenith red or Quantum Grey that will be $800 additional. The Grand Touring comes with any of those paint options included.
Interesting he included the price, something I hadn't seen yet.

Additional pricing I received:
  • Cost for Dream Drive Pro option will be $9,000 for the touring. This is included on the Grand Touring.
  • Cost for Glass canopy option on the touring will be $4,000
  • Cost for the surreal Sound System option will be $2,900
  • Cost for 19” Aero Range wheels w/ all season will be included in the cost of the Touring and Grand Touring. The 21” Aero Blade wheel with summer tires will be $1,500.

Last edited:
That’s why a lot of people seemed to switch from the Touring to the Grand Touring. By time you added the glass canopy, DreamDrive Pro you probably wouldn’t be that far away from the Grand Touring price yet sacrificing HP and range.

I need the recessed footwells + Surreal Sound + Glass Canopy first and foremost. It has to be Touring for that

That’s why a lot of people seemed to switch from the Touring to the Grand Touring. By time you added the glass canopy, DreamDrive Pro you probably wouldn’t be that far away from the Grand Touring price yet sacrificing HP and range.

I'm trying to rationalize the additional $45,000 but I just don't see the massage feature and DreamDrive Pro being $45k.

I'm trying to rationalize the additional $45,000 but I just don't see the massage feature and DreamDrive Pro being $45k.
DreamDrive Pro could be anything up to $10K. Glass canopy is probably $5K, Dolby is probably $2K to $5K. You’re going to be near $20K in upgrades and then have smaller battery, range and HP.

Tbh…… I think the car has a pricing problem because the Pure seems pretty bare bones compared to others in that price segment. Ventilated seats in a $90K+ car should be standard.

I'm thinking they mean the cooling (ventilated) seats are "standard" on the touring and above. Later on, they mention that glass canopy is an add on option for the touring. Thus, I THINK the ventilated seats for the touring are standard (I hope).

Now the 700 Volt charging is new. I've "googled" it and there isn't anything in regards to it on the web at the moment. Assuming this is true, do we suppose the reason why the GT and Dream get the 900 Volt is because their battery is ~ 20% bigger than the Touring/Pure?

The "upcharge" for the colored paint on the Touring is kind of annoying. At least on the builder, it states the glass canopy is an option. No mention that the "non black/white" paint is optional too. In the end, $800 isn't that big a deal, just an annoyance......

900 volt charging system (vs a 700 volt in the Touring)
I really question this. I have heard it reported from a while ago that all the cars would have similar charging speed. That would not be true at a lower voltage. I also don't see Lucid giving up the driving efficiency by going to a lower voltage battery pack. Especially with Peter saying "efficiency is the new imperative." The battery is made up of series and parallel cells, it is not difficult for Lucid to keep the same 220 cells in series and remove some of the parallel strings for the smaller pack.

DreamDrive Pro could be anything up to $10K. Glass canopy is probably $5K, Dolby is probably $2K to $5K. You’re going to be near $20K in upgrades and then have smaller battery, range and HP.

Tbh…… I think the car has a pricing problem because the Pure seems pretty bare bones compared to others in that price segment. Ventilated seats in a $90K+ car should be standard.

Have you tried configuring a Porsche? They charge you for everything. In the Taycan it costs extra for the "sport sound" which is the artificial sound it creates.

I really question this. I have heard it reported from a while ago that all the cars would have similar charging speed. That would not be true at a lower voltage. I also don't see Lucid giving up the driving efficiency by going to a lower voltage battery pack. Especially with Peter saying "efficiency is the new imperative." The battery is made up of series and parallel cells, it is not difficult for Lucid to keep the same 220 cells in series and remove some of the parallel strings for the smaller pack.

This is copied directly from an email from Lucid their website lists 19.2kW charging for all four trims.
Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 9.31.54 PM.png

Now the 700 Volt charging is new. I've "googled" it and there isn't anything in regards to it on the web at the moment. Assuming this is true, do we suppose the reason why the GT and Dream get the 900 Volt is because their battery is ~ 20% bigger than the Touring/Pure?
I recall someone puzzled over how Lucid could maintain 900V charging while removing two battery packs because that number is directly related to the battery cell count. This 700V number actually makes sense now. By the same logic, the charging time vs battery percentage curve would remain the same across different trims.

This is copied directly from an email from Lucid their website lists 19.2kW charging for all four trims.
View attachment 672
The 19.2kW charging is for Level 2 charging (240V@80A AC). It's not the same as the Level 3 CCS1 DC charging, which is 900V.

The "upcharge" for the colored paint on the Touring is kind of annoying. At least on the builder, it states the glass canopy is an option. No mention that the "non black/white" paint is optional too. In the end, $800 isn't that big a deal, just an annoyance......

On the BMW i4 M50, only the standard white is no charge. The 10 other color options you have all charge extra for the paint color ranging from $550 to $1,500 to $3,500.

On the BMW i4 M50, only the standard white is no charge. The 10 other color options you have all charge extra for the paint color ranging from $550 to $1,500 to $3,500.

Yes...BMW has always charged extra for other colors as well as leather and a second level upgrade to Nappa. BMW also charges for most of the safety/convenience features although not as much as Lucid is likely to charge for Dream Drive Pro (but the BMW lacks Lidar). To properly compare the two, one needs to put the various features side by side with what is important to you and then decide.

I need the recessed footwells + Surreal Sound + Glass Canopy first and foremost. It has to be Touring for that

Some time ago my sales rep told me that, after the initial production runs, Lucid was going to introduce a small battery pack option for the Grand Touring. However, the lower current output of the smaller pack will mean power will be rolled back to Touring levels, as well as seeing the range loss. You would keep all the other features of the Grand Touring, though. She didn't give me a specific time frame, so it might warrant a call to your sales rep for an update on this option.

For what it's worth, the high floorboard in the rear seat was a big bugaboo for me, too. But I've been surprised by how adult passengers rave about how much room they have in the back seat and how comfortable it is. So I'm wondering if I made more a deal of it than was warranted, at least for my use case.

I'm only mad about the massage seats being unavailable and the Zenith being extra. Ridiculous.

The Zenith Red is the only color that entails more expense to produce, as it has a tinted clear coat under the untinted top coat.

the sales person has claimed they didn't know at the time
This is true - I've asked a few times over the months about what comes standard on the T and they didn't know yet. I asked last month about the sound system config and they didn't know. They just found out last month about the cooling ventilated seats on T. They knew pretty early that massaging seats weren't on T and P and seats would have heat but they didn't know about cooling. You got a lot of info that hadn't been available before. Thanks for posting it.

For those that are surprised about decontenting a GT beyond power/range, DD Pro, and surreal sound, you didn't really think those items amounted to $44k did you? I always assumed the T would have items missing that Lucid hadn't detailed. I've questioned this in a couple of older posts because Lucid wasn't releasing any information regarding what came standard on the T. This thread is the first to have a "official" list. Probably a few other items will come out later.

Back