Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Take this with a grain of salt. Test driven it a few times but its based off memory, definitely came back from Touring test drive more than positive but that might be bc I was underestimating the Touring given the lower-than-expected specs.
With fewer battery cells, I'm guessing the curb weight of the Touring to be roughly 4800 pounds. For comparison, the Mercedes E63S is about 4500 lbs and roughly the same stated horsepower. And the Lucid by definition has a much better torque curve and no shifting latency.

My VIN was assigned today followed by a call from my DA. Quantum Grey, Santa Cruz, 20" wheels, DD Pro, SS Pro. Reserved Oct 2021, Confirmed Aug 2022. DA has been great to work with.
Nice. Congrats.

The local studio rep called to inform me that my car should be ready for pickup before the weekend. My car should be on its way from Chicago to NY soon-ish.
Awesome! What part of NY? And are you picking up in Short Hills?

The local studio rep called to inform me that my car should be ready for pickup before the weekend. My car should be on its way from Chicago to NY soon-ish.
So roughly about 3 weeks from VIN to delivery, that ain't half bad! Congrats. We'll all be waiting for those pictures of you and K-9 with the Lucid :D

We were just notified of our VIN and a 2-4 week delivery window. Reserved Oct 2021, ordered Aug 23 2022, Grey, Tahoe, Glass, 19" Pro Drive and Pro sound. NV
Thats also my exact configuration. I hope I get my VIN assigned soon!

Too many cars undelivered.
AFAC6F0E-8C84-49BD-B6B3-70BAD3EDD761.jpeg

Too many cars undelivered.
This is why Lucid should have factory PDI and delivery option. It would cost them less in the long run to fly people out to pick up their vehicle. I would do that in a heartbeat seeing as I am less than a day's drive away (384 miles) from Casa Grande.

This is why Lucid should have factory PDI and delivery option. It would cost them less in the long run to fly people out to pick up their vehicle. I would do that in a heartbeat seeing as I am less than a day's drive away (384 miles) from Casa Grande.
Yeah, I'm two casual days away and would totally have been up for that. But I'm sure there are liability issues with encouraging customers to drive hundreds of miles. All it would take is one major car crash during a drive home, and Lucid would be swimming in bad press for weeks.

reservation December 15th 2021, placed order December 4th 2022 (I asked for an extension)
Infinite Black, Tahoe, 20" wheels, glass canopy
No Stealth, No DDP, No SSP

Washington State

Reactions: Joe
Joe, Please change my interior to Santa Cruz and I received my VIN on December 5, 2022.
Thank You,
Paul

Reactions: Joe
Had a chat with my SA who wants me to bump to a GT with the reservation price and guaranteed delivery before EOY.
Fully loaded Touring is like 111k
GT is 139k
= 21k difference. Is that worth it.

O
Had a chat with my SA who wants me to bump to a GT with the reservation price and guaranteed delivery before EOY.
Fully loaded Touring is like 111k
GT is 139k
= 21k difference. Is that worth it.
Only you can answer that. How important to you are things like massage seats, more range, more horsepower, and a more competitive backseat for your passengers?

I had asked my DA and she confirmed with HQ and said the same thing, cant change config if the car is not delivered in 2023.

anyone with red / Tahoe got a VIN or confirmation yet that they wil get this year ?
I have a red/Tahoe with DDP, but no high end sound system. I was told Q1 2023 now…just waiting..

Spoke to my DA today who wasn't optimistic about delivery of my loaded red/tahoe (reserved 10/2020) by EOY, unless I upgraded to a GT which I have no interest in doing. I asked him if there were any Tourings available that can be delivered by EOY and if so, I'd take it regardless of int/ext color. He said he'll call me tomorrow.
I'm strongly considering canceling my first order if they cannot deliver by 12/31/22.

Back