Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Do you scotch guard everything or just the carpet?
Just the carpeted areas. Mind you after I scorchguarded I haven't cleaned my carpets once lol.

Just the carpeted areas. Mind you after I scorchguarded I haven't cleaned my carpets once lol.
How long does the smell last? And what's the best way to get rid of that smell quickly? Just open the windows and drive for a few hours?

How long does the smell last? And what's the best way to get rid of that smell quickly? Just open the windows and drive for a few hours?
I left my doors open after I did it for like an hour and it was gone.

I believe Electric Al got his QG VIN yesterday so that makes at least two
Thanks. Must have missed that update.

That also is in keeping with the Santa Cruz streak. It really does seem like they are batching according to interior color as well as exterior.

Any zenith red VINs assigned yet?

Been lurking for a while. Figured it was time to join and add my car to the list.

Reservation: January 15, 2022.
Order confirmed: November 2, 2022. (Got my VIN last week!)
Options: Stellar White, Santa Cruz Interior. 20" wheels. Glass roof, dream drive pro, surreal sound pro.
State: CA
Could you share the exact date you received your VIN? Thanks!

Since this tracker tracks deliveries, it would be helpful to see which have been delivered. Another column perhaps?
It's the second post on the first page.

If they are in fact producing cars in batches based on exterior color and interior color, I sadly regret my decision to switch from Santa Cruz to Tahoe. Might be a costly $7500 mistake. 😔

@Joe could you update the tracker for my reservation showing the selected interior as Tahoe please.

Reactions: Joe
If they are in fact producing cars in batches based on exterior color and interior color, I sadly regret my decision to switch from Santa Cruz to Tahoe. Might be a costly $7500 mistake. 😔

@Joe could you update the tracker for my reservation showing the selected interior as Tahoe please.
That’s what Lucid did with the DE and GT. Until they complete the expansion, the paint shop can only handle one color at a time. While running that color, they ran the interiors in batches for the GT.

Just saw that I missed an email from this morning and my VIN has been assigned! I'm heading out of town for the last week of December but I told my DA I would fly to Chicago (where PDI is performed) anytime to pick up the car if that would help me get it by 12/31. Below is the email I received. Super excited! I'm getting QG AT, DDPro, SSPro, Sante Fe. I live in Baltimore and Tysons Corner is my closest showroom.

It is my pleasure to share the news that a Vehicle Identification Number [VIN] has been assigned to your Lucid Air. This means that your vehicle has entered General Assembly at our factory in Arizona. You can use this VIN to get quotes on car insurance. We are shooting to get this car delivered before you head out of town, but there are a lot of variables between now and then that are out of my control, meaning that this is our target and not a guarantee. Let's remain in close contact over the next few weeks. If I see any delay I will let you know what options we have to get you a different configuration sooner. Just for full transparency, I am dealing with an enormous volume of calls and emails. Please feel free to email me more than once if you need a faster response.
@Golfhack Congratulations.

What does "entered General Assembly" means? I assumed the vehicles that are being shown in the Bears flyover video's are almost ready (i.e. VIN's already assigned to them) and spoken for the customers. So I am slightly confused by the above email. Any one know what the sequence is?

@Golfhack Congratulations.

What does "entered General Assembly" means? I assumed the vehicles that are being shown in the Bears flyover video's are almost ready (i.e. VIN's already assigned to them) and spoken for the customers. So I am slightly confused by the above email. Any one know what the sequence is?
We have no way of knowing what those cars are. I suspect there are a fair number of AGTs and sadly a lot of defective cars they aren’t prioritizing fixing. Don’t remember what thread but I saw a post with pictures of some of these cars collecting an insane amount of dust. Maybe comparing different flyovers would help but it’s still just a guess no matter what.

We have no way of knowing what those cars are. I suspect there are a fair number of AGTs and sadly a lot of defective cars they aren’t prioritizing fixing. Don’t remember what thread but I saw a post with pictures of some of these cars collecting an insane amount of dust. Maybe comparing different flyovers would help but it’s still just a guess no matter what.
To me those vehicles are brand spanking new ready to be delivered. I’m not sure if all of them are AGT. I think they are trying to meet their quota of cars produced and are focusing on that. From comparison standpoint, I just see cars piling up and I doubt they are defective cars.
You can clearly see cars piling up in last 3-4 bearshop videos and the bottleneck is DAs/shipping/delivery and holiday season.

I just received my VIN for QG AT DDP, Glass canopy, 19", Santa Cruz. Reserved 3/4/21 and confirmed 8/11/22
Super excited
Congrats Electric Al! Quick question. Did you order Surreal Sound Pro? The tracker does not show this for you. I would be shocked if a VIN was assigned for a Touring without DDP and SSP. Just confirming.

Also, it appears that only Tourings with Santa Cruz interiors have received VINs so far. Interesting that three different colors have received VINs (Silver, White and Grey) but only one interior.

To me those vehicles are brand spanking new ready to be delivered. I’m not sure if all of them are AGT. I think they are trying to meet their quota of cars produced and are focusing on that. From comparison standpoint, I just see cars piling up and I doubt they are defective cars.
You can clearly see cars piling up in last 3-4 bearshop videos and the bottleneck is DAs/shipping/delivery and holiday season.
I just watched the videos and the operation is a lot larger than I realized. I think it’s fair to assume the newer cars being added near the new factory are Tourings. Not sure about the rest.

Congrats Electric Al! Quick question. Did you order Surreal Sound Pro? The tracker does not show this for you. I would be shocked if a VIN was assigned for a Touring without DDP and SSP. Just confirming.

Also, it appears that only Tourings with Santa Cruz interiors have received VINs so far. Interesting that three different colors have received VINs (Silver, White and Grey) but only one interior.
Yea, I don’t think Tahoe has much of a chance for 2022 but I hope I’m wrong. Even if they do get some out, total crapshoot on what exterior color people chose.

Back