Just got your Air? Consider buying this stuff

How does it look after install?

Not bad. You can't really see them from most angles. i installed them a bit inboard in order not to remove the original carpet mounts in the floor. (By the way, that's the original mat in a car with almost 10,000 miles on it. I've only shampooed them once, as a quick vacuum keeps them looking pretty good. The rest of the mats in the car still look like new.)

This really isn't something one should have to fool with in a $170k car, though.

IMG_1424.jpg

Not bad. You can't really see them from most angles. i installed them a bit inboard in order not to remove the original carpet mounts in the floor. (By the way, that's the original mat in a car with almost 10,000 miles on it. I've only shampooed them once, as a quick vacuum keeps them looking pretty good. The rest of the mats in the car still look like new.)

This really isn't something one should have to fool with in a $170k car, though.

View attachment 4082
Looks really nice. How do they anchor into the floor? Did you have to drill holes in the metal, or are they just hooked into the carpet below? How long to install?

It's impressive that you've kept the white carpets that clean. Makes me want to reconsider getting them...

How do they anchor into the floor? How long to install?

This link includes a video showing installation. It only took a few minutes to anchor one mat. As the Lucid mats don't already have holes in them, be sure you order the kit with the included cutter (which is really just a punch).

I wish some of the threads with lists like this one and the one about what to ask/check when the car is delivered would be made stickies so they are readily accessible.

I wish some of the threads with lists like this one and the one about what to ask/check when the car is delivered would be made stickies so they are readily accessible.
They both are already stickied...

I do wish I could continue to edit the first post to keep it updated as more purchase items pop up
Just add to it in comments and ping me or Barry and we can edit it

There is obviously a ton of information on this forum. As someone who is getting his GT very soon (I hope), I've been thinking about what items I should consider buying based on others' suggestions throughout the forum. I thought I'd start a thread to put it all together to have it in one place. I'm not including paint protection or tinting, as these already have their own threads.

Interior items:
- All weather mats. Right now, the best options are:
Motor Trend 923-GR Gray FlexTough Contour Liners
WeatherTech Trim-to-Fit Floor Mat
  (See @Dortreo's comparison here)
- Scotchgard Auto Fabric & Carpet Water Shield
- LightDims Original Strength (is the passenger airbag light still a nuisance?) Seems to be fixed
- Microfiber cloths to keep the screens clean (Lucid does supply one)
- CQuartz Leather 2.0 - 50ml Kit (111CQL5), Dr. Beazley’s Microsuede Protection- 12oz (DB-MP) and Carpro Forte V4 Professional Windshield Coat - New Version 2021 from Sky’s the Limit Car Care (per @Easyrider949)

Exterior items:
- EZ Spare tire/wheel (coupon code LUCIDSAVE) plus a large black trash bag
NOTE: The bigger wheel/tire will not fit in the frunk, but the smaller wheel/tire does. The smaller option has a limit of 50-75 miles of driving <55 mph, while you can drive for 100s of miles on the bigger one (per EZ Spare).
- Tire change kit (jack/lug wrench/gloves/etc.)
- Car cleaning supplies (see this thread)

Charging:
- Tesla Tap
- Home EVSE (Chargepoint, Grizzl-E, etc.)

Miscellaneous:
- Faraday box/pouch for key (I bought this one)
- Smart garage door opener (Chamberlain MyQ, Tailwind iQ3, etc.)
- Radar detector

Front license plates:
- For those in California, check out License Plate Wrap
- For those in other states, check out Custom License Plates

Back seat protection for pets:
- Orvis Hose-off Seat Protector
- K&H Pet Vehicle Door Protection

Anything I missed? Feel free to post more recommendations and I'll add them to the list as needed.

For $9.99 I just bought a Glare Patch 2-pack of 8x6x6-inch very light plastic UV heat shields from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Glare-Patch-...1660860564&sprefix=glare+patch,aps,115&sr=8-2). They stick very well to the overhead clear glass, block UV rays, sun glare, and some heat. You can move them as you drive and the sun moves all over the area not blocked by the regular visors. Their black interior color matches well with the visors and interior.

Attachments

• Glare Patch 2 Small.jpg
    Glare Patch 2 Small.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 193
Might add one of these:

These cars are just so stupid fast!! 😇
Great list for new owners! I have already bought everything on your list. The couple of things you might want to add is CQuartz Leather 2.0 - 50ml Kit (111CQL5), Dr. Beazley’s Microsuede Protection- 12oz (DB-MP) and Carpro Forte V4 Professional Windshield Coat - New Version 2021 from Sky’s the Limit Car Care. I have already applied them on my GT and really love the outcome. You can also purchase any other car care products you need from them.
Did you apply the leather and mircosuede protection yourself? I'm a bit squeamish I'll flub it badly or is that not a thing? Thanks much!

This is a good list. My observations for what they are worth:
I bought the floor mats only for PPF etc as well as my drive from FL to CT. I will ditch after that. Bought another set of original mats for not much money.
I used the scotchguard per @hydbob suggestion. So far so good.
I have never noticed the passenger air bag light.
The car comes with at least one microfiber cloths. You need to put the screens into the right mode so they don’t go crazy.
I decided to only get the tire repair kit. I bought the 19” tires and never had a problem with the Tesla tires.
I’m in process of reluctantly going for most of @hydbob’s intense car washing apparatus.
Bought a 80amp TeslaTap
I’m just using my NEMA 14-50 plug
I’ve had the MyQ door opener for a while but am just carrying the old fashioned door opener till Lucid does an OTA to make garage exit as easy as garage entrance

I did buy a new EZPass/Sunpass transponder. On my Tesla, I had the transponder on my front license plate but I no longer have a front license plate! Working like a charm in far right hand corner of windshield.
That’s about it. I would suggest you practice the software resetting protocols on this forum. They are not intuitive and don’t always work the same in my experience.

And then get used to driving the best car you’ve ever owned by a significant amount. And I hope you don’t mind crowds.
How hard was applying the scotchguard? Does it discolor at all? Thanks in advance!

Did you apply the leather and mircosuede protection yourself? I'm a bit squeamish I'll flub it badly or is that not a thing? Thanks much!
I did do it myself and it was really easy. Very happy with results, but I don’t know how long the protection will really last.

I did do it myself and it was really easy. Very happy with results, but I don’t know how long the protection will really last.

I think that I pay around $4k for the radar and laser detectors. Not cheap but it's built in and works well.
Can you share what the install looks like? Interested as I do a lot of freeway miles on unknown roads...

Can you share what the install looks like? Interested as I do a lot of freeway miles on unknown roads...
Radar and laser receivers are hidden in the front and back. I will see if I can find them and take pictures. Inside there are two blue LEDs hidden in the steering column to tell you if radar is coming from the front or back. I keep the remote in the console.

How hard was applying the scotchguard? Does it discolor at all? Thanks in advance!
Mine was super easy. Didn't discolor the Santa Monica carpets

Anyone bought any screen protector for that iPad like panel in between the drivers and passenger seats?
I bought one and hated it; it was the dayview one someone posted here before. I tossed it and am just wiping with the microfiber.

I bought one and hated it; it was the dayview one someone posted here before. I tossed it and am just wiping with the microfiber.
hehehe thanks for that heads-up. Also that 'good' microfiber cloth comes with the car somewhere yeah?

For $9.99 I just bought a Glare Patch 2-pack of 8x6x6-inch very light plastic UV heat shields from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Glare-Patch-Miniature-Sunshade-Included/dp/B07YXKWWJQ/ref=sr_1_2?crid=34HA7VTVYH9WO&keywords=glare+patch&qid=1660860564&sprefix=glare+patch,aps,115&sr=8-2). They stick very well to the overhead clear glass, block UV rays, sun glare, and some heat. You can move them as you drive and the sun moves all over the area not blocked by the regular visors. Their black interior color matches well with the visors and interior.

Eeeww…did I just spy a garage door remote on your sun visor? Do we really have to have one of those on our $150K plus cars?

Back