Just got your Air? Consider buying this stuff

Eeeww…did I just spy a garage door remote on your sun visor? Do we really have to have one of those on our $150K plus cars?
Yes, because it's easier to use than homelink when backing out of the garage.

Yes, because it's easier to use than homelink when backing out of the garage.
Pfft, no, the homelink implementation is fine. But I open the garage before I get in the car.

It could be better, but it’s *fine*

I did set up MyQ with Siri and Alexa, though, and mostly use those to close the garage.

Having the clicker is a time savings of like 5 seconds, but some people like it lol

Pfft, no, the homelink implementation is fine. But I open the garage before I get in the car.

It could be better, but it’s *fine*

I did set up MyQ with Siri and Alexa, though, and mostly use those to close the garage.

Having the clicker is a time savings of like 5 seconds, but some people like it lol
We have 5 vehicles. On 4 of them HomeLink works great but on the most expensive it's crap and poorly designed.

We have 5 vehicles. On 4 of them HomeLink works great but on the most expensive it's crap and poorly designed.
I don’t disagree it could be better! I just also don’t think it’s bad enough to warrant me sticking a damn clicker on my visor haha.

For the uninitiated:
1) upon arrival it works great; geofences, pops up, opens 100% of the time, nothing to complain about.
2) leaving, because the rear cameras are turned on, in order to close the garage you have to close the cameras, click the homelink icon, tap the button to close the garage, then click the cameras again. It’s not ideal, but it works fine.

I have the clicker in my car out of spite. I made sure it was visible to the tech when he made his visit and we actually joked about it.

I keep a garage door opener (with its visor-clip removed) in the right-hand phone storage pocket, solely for purposes of closing the garage door when backing out. Works just fine clicking it from that storage position…i.e., I don’t have to remove it from its pocket just to close the door (And it doesn’t have to sit on my sun visor, with its metal clip potentially scratching the glass)

I quickly grew tired of the several steps it took get to the close-door button on the pilot panel. Really miss my Tesla Model S feature of just backing out and door auto-closes (as well as auto-opening when I approach). Hoping Lucid will eventually fix this, or at least have close button available on screen while back-up camera is displayed.

9C103690-7AE4-4561-A82F-06415D443927.jpeg

1) upon arrival it works great; geofences, pops up, opens 100% of the time, nothing to complain about.
True unless Alexa froze your screens and you did not want to stop and reboot. Hence, I keep the clicker in the center console.

True unless Alexa froze your screens and you did not want to stop and reboot. Hence, I keep the clicker in the center console.
Hm, I’ve never had that happen. But I believe you!

A product that would appear to be vital for EV owners:

ELEMENT E100 FIRE EXTINGUISHER FOR EV OWNERS
These never expire.

These never expire.

These never expire.

Those have been brought up before, but helps to have a refresher for those newer folks. They are great and I have one in each of my Mustangs.

These never expire.

Video from Jay Leno's Garage.

I‘m certainly not a “fire person” but I can’t help being skeptical about this product. Even after being completely covered in foam, lithium fires burn very hot and have a tendency to reignite. A cloud of mist wouldn’t seem to have that much of an effect.

It all depends on what you are trying to accomplish. The use case for my Mustangs would be totally different than the use case for the Lucid. I would not expect this fire extinguisher (or any other portable fire extinguisher) to do much of anything on a battery fire, but a brake fire or other type of fire (including those of other drivers) might be an entirely different story. I think the thought that carrying any type of portable fire extinguisher to handle a battery fire is a bit futile.

The best thing you can hope to use if you have a battery fire are your two feet, to run an adequate distance away and dial 911 to let the professionals do what they are paid and trained to do.

Eeeww…did I just spy a garage door remote on your sun visor? Do we really have to have one of those on our $150K plus cars?
Yeah the garage door opener is on mine too.. Way more reliable than the alternative

There is obviously a ton of information on this forum. As someone who is getting his GT very soon (I hope), I've been thinking about what items I should consider buying based on others' suggestions throughout the forum. I thought I'd start a thread to put it all together to have it in one place. I'm not including paint protection or tinting, as these already have their own threads.

Interior items:
- All weather mats. Right now, the best options are:
Motor Trend 923-GR Gray FlexTough Contour Liners
WeatherTech Trim-to-Fit Floor Mat
  (See @Dortreo's comparison here)
- Scotchgard Auto Fabric & Carpet Water Shield
- LightDims Original Strength (is the passenger airbag light still a nuisance?) Seems to be fixed
- Microfiber cloths to keep the screens clean (Lucid does supply one)
- CQuartz Leather 2.0 - 50ml Kit (111CQL5), Dr. Beazley’s Microsuede Protection- 12oz (DB-MP) and Carpro Forte V4 Professional Windshield Coat - New Version 2021 from Sky’s the Limit Car Care (per @Easyrider949)

Exterior items:
- EZ Spare tire/wheel (coupon code LUCIDSAVE) plus a large black trash bag
NOTE: The bigger wheel/tire will not fit in the frunk, but the smaller wheel/tire does. The smaller option has a limit of 50-75 miles of driving <55 mph, while you can drive for 100s of miles on the bigger one (per EZ Spare).
- Tire change kit (jack/lug wrench/gloves/etc.)
- Car cleaning supplies (see this thread)

Charging:
- Tesla Tap
- Home EVSE (Chargepoint, Grizzl-E, etc.)

Miscellaneous:
- Faraday box/pouch for key (I bought this one)
- Smart garage door opener (Chamberlain MyQ, Tailwind iQ3, etc.)
- Radar detector

Front license plates:
- For those in California, check out License Plate Wrap
- For those in other states, check out Custom License Plates

Back seat protection for pets:
- Orvis Hose-off Seat Protector
- K&H Pet Vehicle Door Protection

Anything I missed? Feel free to post more recommendations and I'll add them to the list as needed.
It appears that EZSpare has changed their website and pricing. Both of the hyperlinks now take you to the 20" Alloy Spare Tire and Wheel. Although, oddly, it lists different prices for the same spare (one is $399, the other is $429). I looked at the links a month or two ago, and at the time, the "Smaller Wheel/Tire" link took you to a different tire. Though I don't recall the size, maybe it was a 17" tire and wheel? The only sizes they appear to have are 15", 17", and 20". If you search by vehicle for the Lucid, it only selects the 20" tire. Unfortunately, the way their website is configured, you cannot easily select a wheel size and go. You are essentially forced into their wheel selector by vehicle. You can get to a 17" wheel, but it is a little circuitous.

I called them and asked some questions. They said that your replacement tire should not be more than 5% smaller or larger than your remaining tires. That is apparently why they force you into the 20" wheel. That will fit all of the Lucid wheel sizes within the tolerance. But a 17" wheel would too small, according to them. I am not certain, but I am pretty sure that some of these "Donut" spares are quite a bit smaller than the other tires on many other vehicles, surely more than the 5% they cited. Probably some liability thing on their side? Sure, you shouldn't drive on a little tire for too far, or it will start to throw off your alignment. But I only plan to get back home on the spare.

So, is the 17" tire and wheel the "smaller size" that was discussed earlier? Has anyone actually installed and used the 17" tire? I would definitely like for it to fit in the frunk lower compartment.

Back