Just got your Air? Consider buying this stuff

It appears that EZSpare has changed their website and pricing. Both of the hyperlinks now take you to the 20" Alloy Spare Tire and Wheel. Although, oddly, it lists different prices for the same spare (one is $399, the other is $429). I looked at the links a month or two ago, and at the time, the "Smaller Wheel/Tire" link took you to a different tire. Though I don't recall the size, maybe it was a 17" tire and wheel? The only sizes they appear to have are 15", 17", and 20". If you search by vehicle for the Lucid, it only selects the 20" tire. Unfortunately, the way their website is configured, you cannot easily select a wheel size and go. You are essentially forced into their wheel selector by vehicle. You can get to a 17" wheel, but it is a little circuitous.

I called them and asked some questions. They said that your replacement tire should not be more than 5% smaller or larger than your remaining tires. That is apparently why they force you into the 20" wheel. That will fit all of the Lucid wheel sizes within the tolerance. But a 17" wheel would too small, according to them. I am not certain, but I am pretty sure that some of these "Donut" spares are quite a bit smaller than the other tires on many other vehicles, surely more than the 5% they cited. Probably some liability thing on their side? Sure, you shouldn't drive on a little tire for too far, or it will start to throw off your alignment. But I only plan to get back home on the spare.

So, is the 17" tire and wheel the "smaller size" that was discussed earlier? Has anyone actually installed and used the 17" tire? I would definitely like for it to fit in the frunk lower compartment.
I'm not sure if they mentioned it but that 5% is the diameter only.

I'm not sure if they mentioned it but that 5% is the diame

I didn't specify, but the actual guideline refers to the total wheel diameter, that is diameter plus the wheel height. They said that the 17" wheel plus height is over 10% difference from the other remaining 21" wheels.

A product that would appear to be vital for EV owners:

ELEMENT E100 FIRE EXTINGUISHER FOR EV OWNERS
These never expire.

Lithium chemist here. Please do not try to put out a lithium fire, you will just make it angry.

It appears that EZSpare has changed their website and pricing. Both of the hyperlinks now take you to the 20" Alloy Spare Tire and Wheel. Although, oddly, it lists different prices for the same spare (one is $399, the other is $429). I looked at the links a month or two ago, and at the time, the "Smaller Wheel/Tire" link took you to a different tire. Though I don't recall the size, maybe it was a 17" tire and wheel? The only sizes they appear to have are 15", 17", and 20". If you search by vehicle for the Lucid, it only selects the 20" tire. Unfortunately, the way their website is configured, you cannot easily select a wheel size and go. You are essentially forced into their wheel selector by vehicle. You can get to a 17" wheel, but it is a little circuitous.

I called them and asked some questions. They said that your replacement tire should not be more than 5% smaller or larger than your remaining tires. That is apparently why they force you into the 20" wheel. That will fit all of the Lucid wheel sizes within the tolerance. But a 17" wheel would too small, according to them. I am not certain, but I am pretty sure that some of these "Donut" spares are quite a bit smaller than the other tires on many other vehicles, surely more than the 5% they cited. Probably some liability thing on their side? Sure, you shouldn't drive on a little tire for too far, or it will start to throw off your alignment. But I only plan to get back home on the spare.

So, is the 17" tire and wheel the "smaller size" that was discussed earlier? Has anyone actually installed and used the 17" tire? I would definitely like for it to fit in the frunk lower compartment.
Glad I read this, I ordered the 20" wheel on the 4th and the good news is it's backordered till 10-10. The diameter of the 17" wheel is 26.1" and the diameter of the 20" wheel is 28.4", so basically 2.3" is the killer for the frunk? If that's the case I'll cancel my order and find something that will fit in the frunk, I just need a tire that will get me to a repair, I only like waiting for a hook if it's a F-all situation and a flat doesn't fit that qualification in my book.

Glad I read this, I ordered the 20" wheel on the 4th and the good news is it's backordered till 10-10. The diameter of the 17" wheel is 26.1" and the diameter of the 20" wheel is 28.4", so basically 2.3" is the killer for the frunk? If that's the case I'll cancel my order and find something that will fit in the frunk, I just need a tire that will get me to a repair, I only like waiting for a hook if it's a F-all situation and a flat doesn't fit that qualification in my book.
No the 20" is fine and fits in the frunk no problem. The 17" is outside the tolerance level and not recommended by EZ Spare.

My understanding is that these are specifically made for EV

My understanding is that these are specifically made for EV's. No good?
It's neat chemistry and a good idea. I don't want to speak out of school.
I tell my kids if you
see / smell smoke:
get out,
see traffic
get safe

when you get far enough, make sure you hold your phone horizontally.
As someone who was in the video business in the early 80's taping weddings and bands I can appreciate that you want to see nothing less than a spectacular video with stunning quality! 🍻

No the 20" is fine and fits in the frunk no problem. The 17" is outside the tolerance level and not recommended by EZ Spare.
Thank you for that info Bob, it's greatly appreciated 👊

Buy an emergency window breaker seatbelt cutting tool like this one. Not kidding. See my posts in the car died section yesterday.

or this one

Now I just need to figure out where to keep it in the car that would be accessible...glovebox is definitely NOT an option for obvious reasons. I don't know if this will fit in the somewhat useless space under the elbow rest but that would be my 1st thought to try if/when I get the car back. Maybe someone else can try it and post a pic? Alternate would be in the "backseat pocket" of one of the seats, kind of out of sight but accessible.

I recently posted pics of the 20" fitting in the frunk on the spare tire thread so 17 should be fine

Buy an emergency window breaker seatbelt cutting tool like this one. Not kidding. See my posts in the car died section yesterday.

or this one

Now I just need to figure out where to keep it in the car that would be accessible...glovebox is definitely NOT an option for obvious reasons. I don't know if this will fit in the somewhat useless space under the elbow rest but that would be my 1st thought to try if/when I get the car back. Maybe someone else can try it and post a pic? Alternate would be in the "backseat pocket" of one of the seats, kind of out of sight but accessible.
The side pocket on driver side door

My mistake, the website says not available.
That's too bad, they make a real nice car cover and I'm thinking that any floor mats they sell would be of a high quality.

Back