Another New GT Owner - Early Impressions

TriumphToo

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT, GLS450, Outback
Referral Code
S371JJV9
Took delivery on 12/24 of a grey GT, Tahoe with 19 inch wheels. Been eyeing up this car for a while and decided to pull the trigger when the incentives kept piling up. I came from a Tesla. Happy to meet other (central? :)) NJ-based Lucid folk out there.
IMG_1362.jpg

Cliff Notes version is that this car is amazing. If you're thinking of doing it, just do it. There will be niggles, but that's part of the experience and community of this car. Just think how cool it would be if everyone embraced new technology and innovative start-ups such as this one, and how far that would allow them to go. Am happy to accept all of the flaws and issues along the way to make this happen.

In keeping with prior threads, good, not so good, and bad after 1k miles (WARNING - slightly long post).

Good
- Uniqueness. I live on the shore in NJ and have not seen another Lucid. Not that I don't want to see another one, but feels a little special at the moment.
- Home charging. The set up I had for my Tesla worked immediately with the Air without any adapters - am getting approx. 40 miles of range per hour charging at home.
- Interior. I love the design, materials, thoughtfulness of design touches. Liked the Santa Cruz but Tahoe is the way forward for family life / cleats / turf etc. Rubber floor mates arriving this weekend.
- Seats. Very comfortable. Massage options help. Kids love the space in the back
- Surreal Sound. Have the pro version. Not sure if I've heard the difference yet as haven't played anything with Atmos. Sound is already amazing though.
- Frunk. Great size and yet to have to use the trunk.
- This community. So helpful. Its my go-to learn more about the car and work out wat's going on with certain things. Thank you everyone.
- Acceleration. Say no more. Haven't even tried Sprint yet.
- Lights. Love the design, autobeam etc. work great. Fun to spot the two black patches in the light design to help oncoming drivers.
- EZPass. Was able to mount directly behind the cockpit and put a black silicon skin on it so its invisible.

Not so good
- Heated seats. Appear to oscillate between full on or full off, so tend to get really hot at times even in low mode
- Cabin heater. Maybe its the glass canopy and current sub-40 degree temperatures here, but need to have cabin heat set at 74 to keep the cabin warm. And also would like rear heating to come on automatically with front
- Wheels. Went for 19 inch as only option without summer tires. Don't love the design. May get a set of Forza 20s for summer.
- Door opening. Fine with fob, not so much with mobile app. Phone needs to wake up car for it to recognize me
- A-pillar. Visibility not great but adapting to it
- App. Am used to the Tesla app so this is a downgrade at the moment
- Build quality. Various bits of trim misaligned, interior frunk button not attached. Minor fixes.
- Range. Getting 3.2kw/mile so approx. 360 miles usable range so far on an (EPA) advertised 516 miles. This will improve with more miles, driving style and weather
- Spare wheel. There isn't one (to save weight?!), but have ordered tire repair kit.
- Dream Drive pro. Its seems to be a lane keeping / assisted highway speed and distance system, which can be found on most new cars these days. No lane changing, summon etc. as per Tesla. Main benefit of the pro system is the 3D camera set up which is fantastic.

Bad
- Drivability. Have a constant shake / shudder / vibration when driving. Either a wheel balancing / alignment issue, or something to do with the power unit as its intermittent, and at different speeds (30-40mph and above 60mph). Working with service to get it looked at.
- I live on the shore in NJ and there is no service center within 2 hours. Took delivery at Short Hills Mall. Plainview in NY is the nearest and King of Prussia is not opening until later in March
- Navigation. No favorites other than home or work?
- Apple Watch app. Doesn't work for me.
- Delivery. Caveat that it was Christmas Eve, but... car was not clean (Arizona dust still present), still had delivery items attached to it, and was not charged. Had to wait in the Mall car park to charge before could drive the hour home. Simple things, but they matter and leave an impression.

Welcome.

Of most concern is the drivability issue. That is not normal and not acceptable.

Heated seats should not oscillate in temp.

I set my interior temp to 65 and it is comfy for me.

19 inch wheels do look better IMHO with the aero inserts taken off. Something to consider before spending lots of money.

Welcome to the club. So, your car was dirty and they didn't give an option to have it sent to detail shop before deliver. It's quite possible that they want to delivery the vehicles before EOY.
I took my delivery at short hills and I was advised that my car had some swirl marks so they recommended me to wait another day to have everything nice, tidy and shiny.
I have > 5k miles on it and I am averaging 3.8 for now. I usually charge at home and drive a bit of city and I95 for work to Newark from Princeton.

I am not sure about intermittent vibration.. Are you sure that you are not closer to the lane and the car is pulling you back in the center making that jerk on steering wheel? if not then may be have service look at it. Note the date/time it occured for service to refer it back. I also have my cabin set to 72 with 2 fan speed and heated steering wheels and seats on.

Hopefully when they take it in for the balance issue they will give you a full detail. Definitely should not have received the car dirty.

Welcome.

Of most concern is the drivability issue. That is not normal and not acceptable.

Heated seats should not oscillate in temp.

I set my interior temp to 65 and it is comfy for me.

19 inch wheels do look better IMHO with the aero inserts taken off. Something to consider before spending lots of money.
And black lugnuts. I prefer my 19" look over all other wheels except for the dream edition wheels.
So each their own right?

And black lugnuts. I prefer my 19" look over all other wheels except for the dream edition wheels.
So each their own right?
Who was it that had custom 19" wheels made that looked like the Dream Edition wheels with a bear in the middle? Gorgeous whhees, I was drooling over those things. Did he ever post what they looked like on his car?

Who was it that had custom 19" wheels made that looked like the Dream Edition wheels with a bear in the middle? Gorgeous whhees, I was drooling over those things. Did he ever post what they looked like on his car?
I don't know about bear, but @nevadagame had a very sweet custom alloy wheels made that he had made and shipped to him that have basically the aero covers built in. I thought it was brilliant when I saw it and he explained the process to me

Congrats!

I had the same vibration issue. It would wobble at low speeds and vibrate at higher speeds. Took it to service and they ended up changing two 19 inch tires and rebalancing all 4. The issue they said was related to tires having flat spots from car sitting a bit of time in Arizona.

It was fixed quick and have had no issues since.

It was @4givingGuy and here is a link:

I think that they were 20" but I do not remember for sure but it will be in the linked thread.

Great summary, thanks for posting.
I asked for 19" aero cover removal, black ug covers, and center cap when I picked up the car. Looks much better IMO, but there is a slight reduction in range.

Took delivery on 12/24 of a grey GT, Tahoe with 19 inch wheels. Been eyeing up this car for a while and decided to pull the trigger when the incentives kept piling up. I came from a Tesla. Happy to meet other (central? :)) NJ-based Lucid folk out there.
View attachment 17490
Cliff Notes version is that this car is amazing. If you're thinking of doing it, just do it. There will be niggles, but that's part of the experience and community of this car. Just think how cool it would be if everyone embraced new technology and innovative start-ups such as this one, and how far that would allow them to go. Am happy to accept all of the flaws and issues along the way to make this happen.

In keeping with prior threads, good, not so good, and bad after 1k miles (WARNING - slightly long post).

Good
- Uniqueness. I live on the shore in NJ and have not seen another Lucid. Not that I don't want to see another one, but feels a little special at the moment.
- Home charging. The set up I had for my Tesla worked immediately with the Air without any adapters - am getting approx. 40 miles of range per hour charging at home.
- Interior. I love the design, materials, thoughtfulness of design touches. Liked the Santa Cruz but Tahoe is the way forward for family life / cleats / turf etc. Rubber floor mates arriving this weekend.
- Seats. Very comfortable. Massage options help. Kids love the space in the back
- Surreal Sound. Have the pro version. Not sure if I've heard the difference yet as haven't played anything with Atmos. Sound is already amazing though.
- This community. So helpful. Its my go-to learn more about the car and work out wat's going on with certain things. Thank you everyone.
- Lights. Love the design, autobeam etc. work great. Fun to spot the two black patches in the light design to help oncoming drivers.
- EZPass. Was able to mount directly behind the cockpit and put a black silicon skin on it so its invisible.

Not so good
- Heated seats. Appear to oscillate between full on or full off, so tend to get really hot at times even in low mode
- Cabin heater. Maybe its the glass canopy and current sub-40 degree temperatures here, but need to have cabin heat set at 74 to keep the cabin warm. And also would like rear heating to come on automatically with front
- Wheels. Went for 19 inch as only option without summer tires. Don't love the design. May get a set of Forza 20s for summer.
- Door opening. Fine with fob, not so much with mobile app. Phone needs to wake up car for it to recognize me
- Build quality. Various bits of trim misaligned, interior frunk button not attached. Minor fixes.
- Range. Getting 3.2kw/mile so approx. 360 miles usable range so far on an (EPA) advertised 516 miles. This will improve with more miles, driving style and weather
- Spare wheel. There isn't one (to save weight?!), but have ordered tire repair kit.
- Dream Drive pro. Its seems to be a lane keeping / assisted highway speed and distance system, which can be found on most new cars these days. No lane changing, summon etc. as per Tesla. Main benefit of the pro system is the 3D camera set up which is fantastic.

Bad
- Drivability. Have a constant shake / shudder / vibration when driving. Either a wheel balancing / alignment issue, or something to do with the power unit as its intermittent, and at different speeds (30-40mph and above 60mph). Working with service to get it looked at.
- I live on the shore in NJ and there is no service center within 2 hours. Took delivery at Short Hills Mall. Plainview in NY is the nearest and King of Prussia is not opening until later in March
- Delivery. Caveat that it was Christmas Eve, but... car was not clean (Arizona dust still present), still had delivery items attached to it, and was not charged. Had to wait in the Mall car park to charge before could drive the hour home. Simple things, but they matter and leave an impression.
My GT delivered in April 2022 had the same vibration, one of the wheels needed a road-force rebalance and that cured it. The car was also dirty for my home delivery but they didn’t yet have any studios near me and it had rained on the muddy parking lot the car was located in for transport the day before. Lucid delivery agent brought it up before I could even say anything and arranged for detailing.

I also got a GT from AZ on Dec 28th. I picked it up at Millbrae, 25 minutes away. Mine was delivered clean with everything working, though i have not pushed it too hard as I've been away. I'm headed to the 49ers game, but I decided not to bring it as parking is tight, and it's still my baby :)

Good luck fixing the Vibration. Let us know how it goes.

Mobile service team came out today. Dead spots on two of the tires as a result of the car sitting for a while at the factory. Have to come back and replace the tires when they get them in stock.
Service techs are really friendly and knowledgeable. Also found that parts of the frunk opening/closing button in the frunk were not installed and are missing, so need to order those parts too.

View attachment 17490

Good

Not so good

Bad
Congratulations!!! I also have a Tesla and considering an Air. How are you charging the Air w/o an Adapter? The Tesla Wall charger has the NACS plug that I am guessing will not fit into an Air at this point.

Congratulations!!! I also have a Tesla and considering an Air. How are you charging the Air w/o an Adapter? The Tesla Wall charger has the NACS plug that I am guessing will not fit into an Air at this point.
I didn’t have the Tesla charger, I installed the NEMA 14-50 outlet. Tesla and Lucid then both have adapters you can use with their charging cables.

Here is:
19" stock wheels
1710624520523.png

4givingGuy's awesome Forza Performance Group's forged wheels
1710624093280.png

Back