New Lucid Sapphire Owner in Miami, FL

They
Lol. I was told that they are "in the final stages of design, preparing to begin production" and that I am "at the top of the list to receive once ready."
They told me the end of May delivery.
We shall see.
But, again, I'd never use them.

Hey All

I picked up my Lucid Air Sapphire yesterday from the Miami Worldcenter Studio yesterday. I have yet to drive it as I had them immediately take it to a detail shop I work with to have it completely detailed, paint corrected (although the paint was actually pretty good) and full body PPF.

View attachment 19563

Javier and Nicole were absolutely amazing to work with. The purchase process was incredibly smooth. Javier kept me up to date on everything via text messages and was quick to respond to questions.

The process was pretty simple. I made an appointment online to test drive one of the cars. I picked one of the lower trim models. Told them I'm really interested in the Sapphire but there weren't any, so I'll just test drive an AIR GT knowing it's roughly the same car, just with more power and features. Test drove it, put down a $25k deposit with my credit card. About 2 weeks later they tell me a VIN has been assigned and to fill out the finance application. I filled out the finance application online, put I'm putting down $50k, instant approval with a 6.09% interest rate (full disclosure: I've purchased and paid off a few cars in this price range already and my credit is essentially perfect, so YMMV). About a week later they set a delivery appointment for me and send me a bunch of paperwork to fill out online. I signed the paperwork online, came to my delivery appointment with a cashier's check for the $50k, they unveiled the car, set up my phone with the car and showed me all the features, I signed a few more papers, then they transported it in an enclosed trailer to my PPF guy.

Fun fact I did not know. The Chassis number of the Sapphire is on the door sill. I have Chassis 42 (hence my user name). I saw a Sapphire at Moda Miami but I don't recall seeing the Chassis number of the Door Sill of that one. Maybe that one was just one of those Preproduction Press cars? I was told I was #3 in South Florida, but I saw another Sapphire in the shop that they were preparing for delivery presumably sometime this week. No idea what Chassis number that one was.

This car will be my going out at night and weekends car. My daily will remain my Tesla MXP.

I already have a Tesla Charger with the adapter at Home and my office so that's one less thing to worry about.

I'll give more thoughts after I get it back from being PPF'ed in about a week. All of my cars have stealth (matte) PPF, and this will be no exception as I'm not a fan of gloss. I did find it weird that the bear logo on the side was just a decal and not paint.

Anything looking forward to reading up on these forums anything I should buy or do to the car.
Great story. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy the fastest car on the planet.

Back