New Touring owner in Southern NH

skomarla

Hello Everyone,

Just want to drop a note and introduce myself, I picked up my 2023 AT just a few weeks ago,. Indeed, I got the very last 2023 AT in the country!

Its been great so far, and coming across the expected issues. I'm a first time EV owner, having historically owned / leased Audis and recently exiting an A6.. I had lofty expectations and most have been met. Very happy. Little issues drive me up the wall and the folks at Natick have been very accomodating! Just had my steering wheel replaced due to creaking, and the rear deck plate adjusted. disappointed with the weak FM radio as most of what I normally surf through don't come across well. so i'm introducing myself to iheartradio and using alexa.

Honestly, the biggest gripe so far is a minor one, I really wish I can next/prev through radio favorits. I'm sure its in the backlog somewhere.

anyway. any southern NH or north shore MA drivers here?

Regards,
Sharath

Hi Sharath,
Welcome! As a (former) nine year Tesla Model S owner, I've got the EV experience. Lucid is much different. There are people to contact and who help, as opposed to the nameless texts with Tesla. Your issues are not unexpected, although my new (one month) GT seems very well put together. Don't forget we're dealing with systems new to producing cars. The engineering is awesome, but production lines are something else. I credit Lucid with much better quality control than my previous experiences. Rapid charging will likely be an issue for another year or two until both the non-Tesla high speed chargers increase in numbers and quality and the Tesla Superchargers become available. As a new EV owner, don't forget in cold weather to warm up your car while plugged in; this conditioning warms up the battery (conditioning.) And make sure your tires are inflated to recommended pressures. Any under inflation will cut into your range and efficiency. Use your seat and steering wheel heaters and minimize use of the resistance heating. And charge as often as possible; the physics suggests daily is good, even for a few kwh.
Enjoy - you picked well.
Best,
Marc

P.S. I'm on Cape Cod, but headed your way (and past) on April 7. I'm sure you know why...
Marc

I'm in Needham but enjoy the tax free shopping in NH. We're organizing a Lucid rally to Stowe VT for the eclipse. Let me know if you'd like details.

Also, @Snafu and @Spin Doctor are both in NH. Good people.

Welcome welcome, and congrats on the purchase! I'm currently in DC but will be back in Moultonborough NH in just over a week.

Welcome! I'm just north of Rochester, NH, and I hope you enjoy driving your Lucid as much as I do! I've had my GT since September 2022 after having two other EVs that didn't quite fit the bill. I've totally enjoyed learning about this car from "fellow aficionados" as the car has evolved. The Customer Service/Service Centers have been great so far. I've been scoping out a trip to Stewartstown area (totality should be about 3 minutes) for the eclipse on the 8th, but NH has the WORST charging infrastructure ever, and I want to make sure I don't get stuck in the inevitable crush of traffic when the sun comes back out. I'm hoping the more rural north of NH will be less crowded than the VT destinations.

Hi Sharath,
Welcome! As a (former) nine year Tesla Model S owner, I've got the EV experience. Lucid is much different. There are people to contact and who help, as opposed to the nameless texts with Tesla. Your issues are not unexpected, although my new (one month) GT seems very well put together. Don't forget we're dealing with systems new to producing cars. The engineering is awesome, but production lines are something else. I credit Lucid with much better quality control than my previous experiences. Rapid charging will likely be an issue for another year or two until both the non-Tesla high speed chargers increase in numbers and quality and the Tesla Superchargers become available. As a new EV owner, don't forget in cold weather to warm up your car while plugged in; this conditioning warms up the battery (conditioning.) And make sure your tires are inflated to recommended pressures. Any under inflation will cut into your range and efficiency. Use your seat and steering wheel heaters and minimize use of the resistance heating. And charge as often as possible; the physics suggests daily is good, even for a few kwh.
Enjoy - you picked well.
Best,
Marc

Thank you @Marc Thank you for the various recommendations. spot on about warming up the car while plugged in!. i'll have to remember that. advise works in the summer too i bet. I'm supposedly heading back into the office starting summer, and i do believe there are some chargers there on the lot. great advice!

P.S. I'm on Cape Cod, but headed your way (and past) on April 7. I'm sure you know why...
Marc

Indeed. I don't think i'll be able to tag along, but hope everyone has a blast!

I'm in Needham but enjoy the tax free shopping in NH. We're organizing a Lucid rally to Stowe VT for the eclipse. Let me know if you'd like details.

Also, @Snafu and @Spin Doctor are both in NH. Good people.
@Dortreo Ah Needham.. My sister lives down there and i'm probably there once every other month or so for something or rather. i'll have to remember to ping you and make time to meet up

Welcome welcome, and congrats on the purchase! I'm currently in DC but will be back in Moultonborough NH in just over a week.
@Spin Doctor @Snafu both lovely areas. I'm over in Bedford, NH but we do enjoy some trips up north or over to Portsmouth area once in a while. i'll be on the lookout for lucids in the wild! :) indeed there is another lucid in my town which caught me completely off guard. I definitely get people looking at my car frequently and even got some thumbs up here and there, most notable from someone driving in one of those little Smart cars

Welcome to Lucid family. Since you are new to EV you will have to give yourself some time to get used to EV way of planning trips. Not very difficult and everyone will have their own way of managing stuff. Good thing is that you get range with this car but in winter you have to be careful as efficiency drops due to heating requirements. Other than that you should be good. enjoy your new ride.

Morning Lucid owners. I'm considering leasing an Air Touring in the coming month. I'm interested in your delivery experience in NH? Reading the threads its not clear how that worked, did you go to MA and pick up (which I didn't think was possible), meet Lucid somewhere at the border or did they delivery to your home?

Thanks.

I'm over in Bedford,
Sharath, we're in Bedford too! Got my Touring Dec 2022, and a Pure last fall .. both are currently in Florida, but the Pure should be heading back to NH pretty soon. Love-Love-Love the Lucids; nothing else compares, that's for sure. Welcome to the Club 🥳

/keith

Morning Lucid owners. I'm considering leasing an Air Touring in the coming month. I'm interested in your delivery experience in NH? Reading the threads its not clear how that worked, did you go to MA and pick up (which I didn't think was possible), meet Lucid somewhere at the border or did they delivery to your home?

Thanks
Suggest you talk to your delivery advisor about it. Mine was (and is) extremely friendly and they will do everything to make you feel comfortable. I consciously made myself very aware that this is a new company who have just started delivering cars and kept my expectation low. They are hiring good people who have the right attitude but there could be some bad apples (luckily i haven't encountered one). But no need to be skeptical about entire location itself. Since I was already used to an EV, I didnt have many questions about charging, home charger, range anxiety etc but more about the features of the car and understanding basic functions. And they are trained to handle those stuff. Let them know in advance about any concerns/questions you have and they will surely have it checked and ready for you. All the best and welcome to the LUcid family. I am sure you will absolutely love this car.

Thanks.
As @kpbhat stated, work with your advisor. I went to MA to pick up the car and they issued AZ temp plates. I had no issues with anyone stopping me over that. I've read that others have had difficulty with out of state temp plates (on tesla forums), but it was quite smooth for me. I financed the purchase elsewhere and the delivery advisor sent the paperwork necessary to register over fedex. It was sent with signature required, so be ready to stay home to get that paperwork. If you are leasing or financing through Lucid Financial or electing them to register for you, it may be different. Regarding the registration costs, I elected to self register in NH, and had some minor issues with the process. In NH, Lucid is listed as LUA. if you run into issues with clerk not finding Lucid, ask them to try LUA.

I also had a few minor issues and someone drove up a loaner to me and took my car down. It was delivered with a small glass chip on the front passenger are of the windshield, and they replaced it for me.

Best of luck!

Sharath, we're in Bedford too! Got my Touring Dec 2022, and a Pure last fall .. both are currently in Florida, but the Pure should be heading back to NH pretty soon. Love-Love-Love the Lucids; nothing else compares, that's for sure. Welcome to the Club 🥳

/keith
outstanding!.. hit me up over a private message and we can connect. I've txted with one other Lucid owner in town!

Back