Just got your Air? Consider buying this stuff

EZ Spare comes in two sizes; smaller and bigger. The smaller one (the now recommended one) fits perfectly in the sub-frunk. The bigger one doesn't. And neither is the full size wheel/tire.
But at least you can limp home or to a safe place. My last wait for AAA was 2-1/2 hours…..

I have a couple of questions regarding the Lucid Air Grand Touring that I hope that some of the experts here can answer. My DA did not know the answers and is supposed to get back to me.

Q1: Does anyone know the meaning of the caveat/exclusion (the fine print) that is located at the bottom of the 'Review & Order' screen? ('Some infotainment or connected vehicle features require enhanced vehicle wireless connectivity, which is included for the first year of ownership’); and

Q2: Does anyone know how to program the Lucid Air Grand Touring to interface (open/close) your residential garage doors. How to establish the link and how to activate the open/close function?
could the enhanced vehicle wireless connectivity be cell service?

could the enhanced vehicle wireless connectivity be cell service?
Almost certainly is. The “one year” limit is likely just a fudge number for now. Unclear when and if they’ll start charging, or for how much.

There is obviously a ton of information on this forum. As someone who is getting his GT very soon (I hope), I've been thinking about what items I should consider buying based on others' suggestions throughout the forum. I thought I'd start a thread to put it all together to have it in one place. I'm not including paint protection or tinting, as these already have their own threads.

Interior items:
- All weather mats. Right now, the best options are:
Motor Trend 923-GR Gray FlexTough Contour Liners
WeatherTech Trim-to-Fit Floor Mat
  (See @Dortreo's comparison here)
- Scotchgard Auto Fabric & Carpet Water Shield
- LightDims Original Strength (is the passenger airbag light still a nuisance?) Seems to be fixed
- Microfiber cloths to keep the screens clean (Lucid does supply one)
- CQuartz Leather 2.0 - 50ml Kit (111CQL5), Dr. Beazley’s Microsuede Protection- 12oz (DB-MP) and Carpro Forte V4 Professional Windshield Coat - New Version 2021 from Sky’s the Limit Car Care (per @Easyrider949)

Exterior items:
- EZ Spare tire/wheel (coupon code LUCIDSAVE) plus a large black trash bag
NOTE: The bigger wheel/tire will not fit in the frunk, but the smaller wheel/tire does. The smaller option has a limit of 50-75 miles of driving <55 mph, while you can drive for 100s of miles on the bigger one (per EZ Spare).
- Tire change kit (jack/lug wrench/gloves/etc.)
- Car cleaning supplies (see this thread)

Charging:
- Tesla Tap
- Home EVSE (Chargepoint, Grizzl-E, etc.)

Miscellaneous:
- Faraday box/pouch for key (I bought this one)
- Smart garage door opener (Chamberlain MyQ, Tailwind iQ3, etc.)
- Radar detector

Front license plates:
- For those in California, check out License Plate Wrap
- For those in other states, check out Custom License Plates

Back seat protection for pets:
- Orvis Hose-off Seat Protector
- K&H Pet Vehicle Door Protection

Anything I missed? Feel free to post more recommendations and I'll add them to the list as needed.
Which Tesla tap do you suggest? And what’s a home EVSE? Sorry. Newbie to EV’s.

For states that require a front license plate, you may want to consider a license plate decal so as not to reduce your fuel efficiency. I ordered mine for my Texas plates and it is perfect!

These are not legal in Texas.

Which Tesla tap do you suggest? And what’s a home EVSE? Sorry. Newbie to EV’s.
I have no idea on the Tesla tap, but I believe there are other threads with a good suggestion.

EVSE = electric vehicle supply equipment. In colloquial terms, it's a home charger. While the Air comes with a charging cable, the car doesn't (yet?) have the ability to program charge times, so if you have a time of use electric plan, there's no way to tell it not to charge during peak rates if you're using the included cable. The benefit of the home EVSE is to be able to set a charging schedule and easily track your charging through the EVSE's app. There are a number of good ones that have been discussed here on the forums.

To charge well at home, you'll need a 240V plug on a circuit that is minimum 40A. It can either be plugged in or hardwired, depending on the EVSE. There are many folks on here with much greater knowledge than myself on the subject, but that's the quick and dirty of it.

I have no idea on the Tesla tap, but I believe there are other threads with a good suggestion.

EVSE = electric vehicle supply equipment. In colloquial terms, it's a home charger. While the Air comes with a charging cable, the car doesn't (yet?) have the ability to program charge times, so if you have a time of use electric plan, there's no way to tell it not to charge during peak rates if you're using the included cable. The benefit of the home EVSE is to be able to set a charging schedule and easily track your charging through the EVSE's app. There are a number of good ones that have been discussed here on the forums.

To charge well at home, you'll need a 240V plug on a circuit that is minimum 40A. It can either be plugged in or hardwired, depending on the EVSE. There are many folks on here with much greater knowledge than myself on the subject, but that's the quick and dirty of it.
I have my chargepoint plugged into an older 30 amp circuit and still get 21mi/hr, 9kw. It's good for roughly 30% each night.

There is obviously a ton of information on this forum. As someone who is getting his GT very soon (I hope), I've been thinking about what items I should consider buying based on others' suggestions throughout the forum. I thought I'd start a thread to put it all together to have it in one place. I'm not including paint protection or tinting, as these already have their own threads.

Interior items:
- All weather mats. Right now, the best options are:
Motor Trend 923-GR Gray FlexTough Contour Liners
WeatherTech Trim-to-Fit Floor Mat
  (See @Dortreo's comparison here)
- Scotchgard Auto Fabric & Carpet Water Shield
- LightDims Original Strength (is the passenger airbag light still a nuisance?) Seems to be fixed
- Microfiber cloths to keep the screens clean (Lucid does supply one)
- CQuartz Leather 2.0 - 50ml Kit (111CQL5), Dr. Beazley’s Microsuede Protection- 12oz (DB-MP) and Carpro Forte V4 Professional Windshield Coat - New Version 2021 from Sky’s the Limit Car Care (per @Easyrider949)

Exterior items:
- EZ Spare tire/wheel (coupon code LUCIDSAVE) plus a large black trash bag
NOTE: The bigger wheel/tire will not fit in the frunk, but the smaller wheel/tire does. The smaller option has a limit of 50-75 miles of driving <55 mph, while you can drive for 100s of miles on the bigger one (per EZ Spare).
- Tire change kit (jack/lug wrench/gloves/etc.)
- Car cleaning supplies (see this thread)

Charging:
- Tesla Tap
- Home EVSE (Chargepoint, Grizzl-E, etc.)

Miscellaneous:
- Faraday box/pouch for key (I bought this one)
- Smart garage door opener (Chamberlain MyQ, Tailwind iQ3, etc.)
- Radar detector

Front license plates:
- For those in California, check out License Plate Wrap
- For those in other states, check out Custom License Plates

Back seat protection for pets:
- Orvis Hose-off Seat Protector
- K&H Pet Vehicle Door Protection

Anything I missed? Feel free to post more recommendations and I'll add them to the list as needed.
Newbie to EV's......can someone suggest which Tesla tap to get? Also, why get a Home EVSE and not use the charger that cam with the car?

Newbie to EV's......can someone suggest which Tesla tap to get? Also, why get a Home EVSE and not use the charger that cam with the car?
I literally answered that second question 3 posts up when you asked something similar the other day. There are a bunch of posts about Tesla taps - have you tried searching the forum?

I just got these from Amazon to deal with a driver's floor mat that won't stay in place. It was a pretty easy installation:

Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 10.48.14 AM.png

Back