Just got your Air? Consider buying this stuff

I think the discount code you're referring to is when purchasing a spare from a company called EZ Spare. If you're buying a full-sized spare from Lucid, there is no discount code. If you do a search for EZ Spare, you should be able to find it or someone will respond to this with the answer. The biggest thing to keep in mind is how you plan to use your spare. With a full size, you can carry in in your trunk and take up most of that space, so your storage options might be limited on a road trip. Or having one on hand at home may allow you to swap if you have a slow leak and can get back home. But the EZ Spare one fits in the lower compartment of the frunk which is great for traveling BUT it is a spare that you will want to replace sooner than later and you can't drive more than 55 mph with it.

I opted for EZ Spare just as a means of being able to get somewhere safer or to a tire place if I'm traveling. This way I'm prepared but I don't have to throw a much larger tire into the trunk and take up all that room for something I may not need.
Good points to consider. We never travel any farther than Houston so space may not always be a problem but definitely a consideration. I realized discount was for EZSpare, good to know it fits in the lower compartment. Mine are 19” tires and the EZSpare is 20” is that an issue?

People here mentioned leather cleaner
But is the leather real leather or fake leather?
I know after a while of sitting on it, it's got to crack or wear eventually. At that point do you patch repair? Or seat covers? What's the recommendation?

I know after a while of sitting on it, it's got to crack or wear eventually. At that point do you patch repair? Or seat covers? What's the recommendation?
Real leather in everything but the pure. If you keep it well conditioned, it shouldn’t crack very much. If it does, eventually you’ll have to reupholster it.

This is Lucid’s leather manufacturer, the leather is excellent and supposedly stain resistant and not requiring much upkeep. https://www.bridgeofweirleather.com/our-leather

I seem to have had a bit of bad luck with that though as my passenger seat has acquired some weird whitish dislocations that are not stains as I can’t wipe it off with leather cleaner. Here’s a couple pics, Lucid service is going to check it out when they inspect for the recall.

Attachments

• AD55BC3D-3FD7-47FD-8BE7-9D19FF8C3F4D.jpeg
    AD55BC3D-3FD7-47FD-8BE7-9D19FF8C3F4D.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 218
  • EC8EE17E-59F4-402B-9434-A300D465BEFF.jpeg
    EC8EE17E-59F4-402B-9434-A300D465BEFF.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 202
The link doesn't seem to be clickable, can you share it again? Thanks!
Silent Pocket Signal Blocking Faraday Key Fob Case - Car Anti Theft Device Shielding Against All Signal Types, Including RFID Blocking & Durable Faraday Bag https://a.co/d/cpmuC72

I fixed the link in the original post. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I have a couple of questions regarding the Lucid Air Grand Touring that I hope that some of the experts here can answer. My DA did not know the answers and is supposed to get back to me.

Q1: Does anyone know the meaning of the caveat/exclusion (the fine print) that is located at the bottom of the 'Review & Order' screen? ('Some infotainment or connected vehicle features require enhanced vehicle wireless connectivity, which is included for the first year of ownership’); and

Q2: Does anyone know how to program the Lucid Air Grand Touring to interface (open/close) your residential garage doors. How to establish the link and how to activate the open/close function?

Attachments

• LUCID MOTORS_Review & Order Caveat_Exclusion 1of99.png
    LUCID MOTORS_Review & Order Caveat_Exclusion 1of99.png
    45.8 KB · Views: 159
I have a couple of questions regarding the Lucid Air Grand Touring that I hope that some of the experts here can answer. My DA did not know the answers and is supposed to get back to me.

Q1: Does anyone know the meaning of the caveat/exclusion (the fine print) that is located at the bottom of the 'Review & Order' screen? ('Some infotainment or connected vehicle features require enhanced vehicle wireless connectivity, which is included for the first year of ownership’); and

Q2: Does anyone know how to program the Lucid Air Grand Touring to interface (open/close) your residential garage doors. How to establish the link and how to activate the open/close function?
Q1: I wish I knew the answer to that

Q2: yeah, Homelink is a little annoying but usually works. I rigged my Chamberlain opener to work with Siri via homebridge though and it’s fantastic, works every time and even usually works with Apple Watch.

Tell me about HOMELINK and how it works? Is that the 'enhanced vehicle wireless connectivity' to which they are referring in the caveat/exclusion?

Tell me about HOMELINK and how it works? Is that the 'enhanced vehicle wireless connectivity' to which they are referring in the caveat/exclusion?
No Homelink is just Lucid’s way to talk to your garage door opener, like your clicker, and how many cars you can just program the button on the rear view mirror to control your garage, but unfortunately Lucid does it via software. To get it to work reliably you must put your garage door opener into learn mode with the car nearby, the Lucid rep didn’t tell me that. Trying to get it to learn from the clicker isn’t enough, it will work sometimes but more spotty. Finally I just said screw the whole thing and did the SIRI trick, which was not easy and required purchasing this box called HOOBS and using an old iPAD to run Homebridge (or you can use a newer AppleTV if you have one), and now everything works awesome and the added bonus is I can now control all smart devices in my house via SIRI which is more reliable/secure than Alexa.

Pretty sure these posts belong in a different thread...
Yeah there actually is a thread for it, I’ll try and find it.

Edit: here’s the thread…

Number 1 is things like....streaming and traffic most likely. Could most likely ditch the subscription once CarPlay or Android Auto are released. You can still do OTA via wifi.

Edit: also being able to remotely check on your vehicle, activate climate control, etc. Without that wireless connection, none of that cool stuff works.

Number 1 is things like....streaming and traffic most likely. Could most likely ditch the subscription once CarPlay or Android Auto are released. You can still do OTA via wifi.

Edit: also being able to remotely check on your vehicle, activate climate control, etc. Without that wireless connection, none of that cool stuff works.
My Mercedes gave you free LTE for first 3 months but then charged so I quit that cuz it was like $30 a month or something stupid like that. It would allow you to use your car as a WiFi hotspot. But if you said no to their internet subscription service you could still use the app for remote climate, etc, so I don’t think Lucid would make you pay extra for that if MB doesn’t.

Back