Homelink

Lucid software also needs to simplify the homelink button. We shouldn’t have to tap 4 icons to open/close the garage door.

Recommendation to Lucid: Hire a CSO (chief simplicity officer).
I only have to hit one button… it’s geofenced and pops up when I get home.

How do you have yours set up?

This works when coming home. However, when backing out of your garage the geofenced icon does not pop up. Hence, cancel the backup camera, touch the profile icons, touch the homelink icon and finally touch to close garage door.

This works when coming home. However, when backing out of your garage the geofenced icon does not pop up. Hence, cancel the backup camera, touch the profile icons, touch the homelink icon and finally touch to close garage door.
That’s how my Taycan works also when backing out(having to hit like 10 buttons). I guess it’s something I don’t really think about as my garage has a close timer, so I usually don’t bother.

That’s how my Taycan works also when backing out(having to hit like 10 buttons). I guess it’s something I don’t really think about as my garage has a close timer, so I usually don’t bother.
That is an interesting work around! I do share @Michael Fisette frustration on this one.

Exactly. Coming home is easy; leaving not so easy.

That will drive me crazy. Needs to be fixed. on my cheap Leaf, all I have to do is push the garage button on the rear view mirror and I can close (or open) the garage and our gate.

Maybe I'll understand better when I get the car, but for leaving, don't you all have door open buttons by the garage entrance to the house? When I leave in the morning, I just hit the button on the wall. I do this mostly because 1) it's right there and 2) I don't have to wait for the door to open to back out (although with Lucid's boot up speed I may have to wait regardless).

Maybe I'll understand better when I get the car, but for leaving, don't you all have door open buttons by the garage entrance to the house? When I leave in the morning, I just hit the button on the wall. I do this mostly because 1) it's right there and 2) I don't have to wait for the door to open to back out (although with Lucid's boot up speed I may have to wait regardless).
Closing the door, when driving away, is the issue.

Well I get close to my home the garage door button comes up to push once (setup the home link from my driveway when car delivered)….when I leave garage and I back out of driveway, then I cancel out of camera and close the door…it does take me multiple pushes.

Well I get close to my home the garage door button comes up to push once (setup the home link from my driveway when car delivered)….when I leave garage and I back out of driveway, then I cancel out of camera and close the door…it does take me multiple pushes.
I've also find this frustrating. I have three garage doors and in some cases when I push the right garage door, it does not respond. Pushing it again causes the left door to open/close. Third time's the charm.

I’ve posted this rough mock up previously. Would be way better than current implementation.

1648687969412.jpeg

Tesla has had zero button push Homelink for many years. It automatically closes the door when you leave and automatically opens it when you come home. You can set the distance from the door that triggers open and close. At Lucid’s price point they should be aiming for this level of convenience, not just getting rid of extra layers in the way of accessing Homelink.

Tesla has had zero button push Homelink for many years. It automatically closes the door when you leave and automatically opens it when you come home. You can set the distance from the door that triggers open and close. At Lucid’s price point they should be aiming for this level of convenience, not just getting rid of extra layers in the way of accessing Homelink.
That's probably "coming soon" as well 🤣

Hmmm, I’d rather have a button because sometimes I want to keep the car in the driveway but garage door open (while washing it for example), and other times I want to keep the garage door closed but parked close to it, as my wife’s car might be in the garage. I have a one car garage and it’s detached so that makes things more complicated. I’ll just try to set up the apple home Siri feature with MyQ though, should eliminate all these issues.

If CarPlay was enabled, and you had smart garage door openers, none of this would be an issue. It just pops up on the screen, I use it all the time for my current car.

(this is not my dash, I found an example in Google)
6285a64988ba4fa7dd7e715f9b801a292b364afe.jpg

If CarPlay was enabled, and you had smart garage door openers, none of this would be an issue. It just pops up on the screen, I use it all the time for my current car.

(this is not my dash, I found an example in Google)
View attachment 1356
I just checked for my Leaf. I cannot add the MyQ garage opener CarPlay list of apps.

Back