• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Grand Touring Delivery

mnewber1

Cars
Air Touring
DE Number
I had a discussion with someone on Twitter who mentioned someone already received their Grand Touring on the 15th (below). The picture is from a livestream about Lucid from Financial Journey. I haven't seen anyone else post about getting a GT, what do you think? Is this person just mistaken and it's actually DE?

1643144699965.png

I had a discussion with someone on Twitter who mentioned someone already received their Grand Touring on the 15th (below). The picture is from a livestream about Lucid from Financial Journey. I haven't seen anyone else post about getting a GT, what do you think? Is this person just mistaken and it's actually DE?

View attachment 630
Definitely a DE

View attachment 630
DE for sure

GT aren’t numbered, so definitely DE.

Ok so Lucid is running about a month behind schedule from their original estimate of finishing the DE production by end of 2021. Good to know

Good news indeed.

that is good news. It seems like what my DA was saying a month ago when it looked like the timelines are more likely 3-5 months instead of 2-4. The November 2 confirmations are now at 3 months. Hopefully they will hit the 4 month timeline for deliveries.

Mine did not enter production yet. I‘m in the 4th batch (Dec. 14), so I don’t expect mine until April. It sounds like the 4 month side of the 2-4 month target is more accurate for the first 5 batches. I imagine the production speed will pickup after these batches.

I just got a call from my DA and he told me the GTs just went into production, so the first batch is in!
I was told the same last week but haven't heard anything new since then. Were you able to get a timeline?

I’m guessing that the Nov. 2nd batch (Batch #1) owners should start hearing about their VINs in the next week or so. I think some of them will receive their cars by the end of the month, based on shipping locations close to AZ. I know they batch ship 5 cars at a time for delivery efficiency.

I’m guessing that the Nov. 2nd batch (Batch #1) owners should start hearing about their VINs in the next week or so. I think some of them will receive their cars by the end of the month, based on shipping locations close to AZ. I know they batch ship 5 cars at a time for delivery efficiency.
Last Friday, I was told the same about GTs starting production. My DA said they were still aiming for the end of the initial 2-4 month window. I was in the Nov 2 batch of confirmations. It is good to see multiple people getting the same message.

Last Friday, I was told the same about GTs starting production. My DA said they were still aiming for the end of the initial 2-4 month window. I was in the Nov 2 batch of confirmations. It is good to see multiple people getting the same message.
Did they tell you your car was in production?

That would be nice though I think that is wishful thinking since it has been a full week since I heard the same news you heard today. (I am in batch 1)

Mine did not enter production yet. I‘m in the 4th batch (Dec. 14), so I don’t expect mine until April. It sounds like the 4 month side of the 2-4 month target is more accurate for the first 5 batches. I imagine the production speed will pickup after these batches.
This lines up with what my DA told me too. I’m guessing the early confirmations will get VINs either end of this week or early next just in time for earnings. I’m in the same batch as you and have been always expecting the tail end of the production estimate.

I wonder what confirmation dates will be included in batch #1? I know there were several people who confirmed on Nov 2-3 and then another group around Nov 15-17. Maybe these will be batches #1 and #2.

Back