2024 Grand Touring changes and release

Does the Lucid even HAVE an obd port? I thought it was just ethernet that only technicians could use..

(never mind, its federally mandated. dont think anybodys seen it or used it..)
No, it doesn’t. Many EVs don’t: https://arstechnica.com/cars/2023/1...d-diagnostic-ports-and-when-will-that-change/

The Air only has the Ethernet port.

I’m kind of surprised how not nerdy lucid owners are. There’s like half a million posts just on obd2 battery stats for the Ioniq specifically on their forums and Reddit and YouTube videos. There’s barely any dragy or dyno results or track/autocross comparisons in the Lucid’s performance section. Or efforts to maximize performance with preconditioning. Or even basic charging results for tourings and grand tourings. Maybe there’s just not enough owners for there to be all the useless information you find in other forums lol
Please. We’ve literally reversed the entire mobile API and built a Home Assistant integration, and we have dozens of threads on range analysis and now battery degradation, which we’ve never had access to before now, after reversing the API.

But you’re right, so not nerdy lol

No, it doesn’t. Many EVs don’t: https://arstechnica.com/cars/2023/1...d-diagnostic-ports-and-when-will-that-change/

Please. We’ve literally reversed the entire mobile API and built a Home Assistant integration, and we have dozens of threads on range analysis and now battery degradation, which we’ve never had access to before now, after reversing the API.

Yea but it’s just a few of you mods. Obviously you and Bobby do a lot, but you can’t do everything!

Can you point me to the battery degradation threads?

Someday I'll have to buy you some beers and get you to ELI5 all the API things you guys have worked on. Really cool stuff!

Yea but it’s just a few of you mods. Obviously you and Bobby do a lot, but you can’t do everything!

Can you point me to the battery degradation threads?
Yes, definitely just us mods. Everybody knows @segbrk, the best mod. 😛

I’m kind of surprised how not nerdy lucid owners are. There’s like half a million posts just on obd2 battery stats for the Ioniq specifically on their forums and Reddit and YouTube videos. There’s barely any dragy or dyno results or track/autocross comparisons in the Lucid’s performance section. Or efforts to maximize performance with preconditioning. Or even basic charging results for tourings and grand tourings. Maybe there’s just not enough owners for there to be all the useless information you find in other forums lol
Different owner bases do different things. I don't recall there being half a million posts on battery stats for the EQS or the i7...but sure, let's go ahead and neg the Lucid owner base.

Am I missing something or there’s nothing in that search result? I just see posts about lucid not making battery capacity available in their APIs from May (which is fair if that’s the case). And obviously my stupid banter here 😃
My best suggestion is that you compile a bunch of research and write a nice synopsis. I'll be happy to include it in the FAQ on the www.lucidupdates.com website.

Unless you're joking, it's obvious, a gas fillup takes 5 minutes.

A newer model 3/model S can get you enough charge to make it to the next of plentiful and reliable supercharger in 20 minutes or less. An ioniq or taycan can do 80% in 20 minutes. Lucid needs 40 minutes for 80%. I think 20 minutes is ok for a break when on a roadtrip, 40 minutes is a long time for a car on 900V architecture.

If Lucid puts the GT-P cell chemistry and/or motor tech in to the GT, i think it'll be a game-changer. We know the DE/GT-P charge well without the aggressive taper and consistently do 10-15% better efficiency at highway speeds.
Part of the reason that Lucid takes longer than the Ioniq is that the battery pack is larger so getting to a given percentage takes longer. Simple arithmetic.

If and when fast charging stations are widely available, and working, it makes sense to go from an 80% charge to another 80%.

Part of the reason that Lucid takes longer than the Ioniq is that the battery pack is larger so getting to a given percentage takes longer. Simple arithmetic.

If and when fast charging stations are widely available, and working, it makes sense to go from an 80% charge to another 80%.
Unfortunately that’s not how it works. Larger battery packs can take more energy compared to smaller packs. That’s why the Air Pure/Touring and GT take the same amount of time to charge. Lucid just uses a conservative charge curve for whatever reason.

Unfortunately that’s not how it works. Larger battery packs can take more energy compared to smaller packs. That’s why the Air Pure/Touring and GT take the same amount of time to charge. Lucid just uses a conservative charge curve for whatever reason.
Doesn’t the GT charge faster than Touring or Pure?

Doesn’t the GT charge faster than Touring or Pure?
Yeah

1707099317928.png

Does anybody know when we will get more information on the changes for the 2024 Grand Touring now that we are into February? There was a range of 500 listed and now it has been removed. Also, is there a chance they will add a heat pump like Mercedes did with the EQS for 2024? Also, there seems to be a lot of issues with wind noise and seals around the door. It would be great if the company let us know if this has been resolved in model year 2024.

Is there any release date yet? Noticed they removed the 500 range and it's blank now. Hope they reveal any changes and if door seal fix will be retroactive.

Back