Delivery Experiences

spencerp

Verified Owner
I was wondering how people’s delivery experiences usually go with lucid? I ordered an inventory car almost a month ago and it keeps getting delayed so much so that I’ve been considering cancelling. I am curious if anyone else has been through something similar or if this is just an outlier

I was wondering how people’s delivery experiences usually go with lucid? I ordered an inventory car almost a month ago and it keeps getting delayed so much so that I’ve been considering cancelling. I am curious if anyone else has been through something similar or if this is just an outlier
It depends. What is the cause of the delay? Have you spoken to your delivery advisor directly about it? Around the holidays things are always slow… Not an excuse, just a reality. This car is so wonderful, it’s worth any difficulty. When I originally ordered mine, my DA was too slow so I asked my sales advisor for a new one. Once I got my new delivery advisor, everything went great.

@mcr16

They keep saying the delay is pre delivery inspection which honestly doesn’t sit well with me, it’s been at that service center for over a week.

Which service center is it at?

The bright side of this is they are really spending time on the details of your car.
Mine took 3 weeks at Casa Grande and there was nothing needed to be done at Scottsdale delivery center.

Ahhh, so at least someone else has ran into this.

I’m not trying to sound impatient I just think it was crazy that the process started off with waiting 2-3 weeks for car to leave factory, to be currently stuck in pre delivery inspection. I would be a lot more lenient if it was a new build compared to inventory that’s already been sitting. Especially when I settled for this car which wasn’t my dream configuration (I wanted red over black) but I got it thinking it would be here a lot sooner

Ahhh, so at least someone else has ran into this.

I’m not trying to sound impatient I just think it was crazy that the process started off with waiting 2-3 weeks for car to leave factory, to be currently stuck in pre delivery inspection. I would be a lot more lenient if it was a new build compared to inventory that’s already been sitting. Especially when I settled for this car which wasn’t my dream configuration (I wanted red over black) but I got it thinking it would be here a lot sooner
You’ll get a lot of responses on here hopefully that echo this…..I promise that every delay, hiccup, and impatient moment that comes from waiting for this car is 100% WORTH IT once it’s delivered and you get behind the wheel :) There’s a lot of us on here that waited much longer than this for our cars once we were able to order. Please don’t cancel, and let us know once you get it and share a pic :)

It’s at the plainview, New York one.
I was the very first delivery out of the Plainview SC and it actually went great. The only issue I had was unrelated to the Plainview staff, and that was a glitch in the wiring of the money, which was resolved in a short time.

You‘ll soon forget whatever issues you’re having once you get your car! Here was delivery day:

IMG_3574.jpeg

Last edited:
I was the very first delivery out of the Plainview SC and it actually went great. The only issue I had was unrelated to the Plainview staff, and that was a glitch in the wiring of the money, which was resolved in a short time.

You‘ll soon forget whatever issues you’re having once you get your car! Here was delivery day:

View attachment 17198
Beautiful gtp! Btw, what’s that ugly blue car blocking the way? 🤣

Beautiful gtp! Btw, what’s that ugly blue car blocking the way? 🤣
Don't be a dick. They are all ugly except the Gold ones.

View attachment 17198
It’s currently doing the quality control checks in plainview, it’s eventually getting transferred to short hills for my final delivery if they stop delaying it.

Also love the blue!

You’ll get a lot of responses on here hopefully that echo this…..I promise that every delay, hiccup, and impatient moment that comes from waiting for this car is 100% WORTH IT once it’s delivered and you get behind the wheel :) There’s a lot of us on here that waited much longer than this for our cars once we were able to order. Please don’t cancel, and let us know once you get it and share a pic :)
This helps a bit… it’s just been a rollercoaster ride. I guess if it’s delayed again depending on the delay then I’ll talk to the adviser about options and if I’d still go forward or not.

This helps a bit… it’s just been a rollercoaster ride. I guess if it’s delayed again depending on the delay then I’ll talk to the adviser about options and if I’d still go forward or not.
Sorry it hasn’t been the smoothest process for you. I really hope there’s no more delays and you get it soon and love it!

My Touring buy wasn't exactly the smoothest, but just hang in there. Perhaps they are looking to transport a bunch of cars in that direction and waiting for a couple more orders in your area.

It’s currently doing the quality control checks in plainview, it’s eventually getting transferred to short hills for my final delivery if they stop delaying it.

Also love the blue!
Thanks, some of these other guys have no taste, but you‘ll learn to tolerate them. :)

Seriously, if the car is now in Plainview you should be fine.

Back