Delivery delayed...again ugh!!

blktmy

Cars
Too many to list
I ordered my GT just under two weeks ago and was told I should receive it last weekend. Last weekend came and the car was not ready due to something found during their pre delivery inspection. I was assured it was nothing serious and I would be able to pick up the car tomorrow(Saturday). I received a call yesterday to confirm and was offered a Lyft to pick me up which I accepted. Unfortunately I received another call this evening and was told that I won't be able to pick up the car as the car showed a code for something having to do with the charging system. I am now considering canceling the lease all together. I mean if its got problems pre-delivery how can I be confident I won't be dealing with this once I get it? I was offered all weather floor mats which would be nice but i'm still not sure I want to take delivery. Sadly light is being shed as to why Lucid is lacking with production and deliveries. I own a large chunk of shares of the company and for the first time I am questioning my confidence in the company. I requested a loaner in case the car is not ready by the end of this weekend and if that doesn't happen i'm almost positive I will cancel the contract. Am I being unreasonable or is this something anyone here has experienced?

I ordered my GT just under two weeks ago and was told I should receive it last weekend. Last weekend came and the car was not ready due to something found during their pre delivery inspection. I was assured it was nothing serious and I would be able to pick up the car tomorrow(Saturday). I received a call yesterday to confirm and was offered a Lyft to pick me up which I accepted. Unfortunately I received another call this evening and was told that I won't be able to pick up the car as the car showed a code for something having to do with the charging system. I am now considering canceling the lease all together. I mean if its got problems pre-delivery how can I be confident I won't be dealing with this once I get it? I was offered all weather floor mats which would be nice but i'm still not sure I want to take delivery. Sadly light is being shed as to why Lucid is lacking with production and deliveries. I own a large chunk of shares of the company and for the first time I am questioning my confidence in the company. I requested a loaner in case the car is not ready by the end of this weekend and if that doesn't happen i'm almost positive I will cancel the contract. Am I being unreasonable or is this something anyone here has experienced?
Would you rather get delivered a car with issues after delivery or the best pre-checked car to remove potential issues post-delivery? If it was me, I would wait to get the car that would minimize post-delivery issues. I think this is actually good customer service as I’ve had other luxury cars that had issues that they could have resolved before I picked up.

Now, if it takes another few weeks from your expected delivery date, then your concerns are valid. Take their active communication as a positive for now. I hope it all works out for you!

I'd rather wait an extra week or two and have them fix all the big issues than take delivery and have to lose the car to repairs right away. As many have said on here before, once you get your car, all your frustrations with the wait/delivery process will fade away as you mash the accelerator.

That being said, I don't see how you could get a loaner without having paid for/taken delivery of your car. That just doesn't make sense from a business standpoint for Lucid - what if you decide to cancel? Then you've racked up miles on their loaner and leave them holding the keys to your car on top of that. I wouldn't get your hopes up in that regard.

Hang in there! The car is almost yours!

Can you switch to a different VIN if you are willing to wait?

At least its good they are doing a proper predelivery inspection instead of dumping the car on the customer to reach quarter end delivery goals. I would rather let them take their time addressing all issues properly instead of making them rush. Car is phenomenal, especially after all the recent software updates. Hang in there, your patience will be greatly rewarded!

My delivery got delayed by a week or two last year. I remember the feeling. Totally sucked. But like everyone else said, you forget all about it once you drive the car.

Most cars need some sort of attention out of the factory. We just don’t see that with traditional dealerships, because it all happens before the car makes it to the lot. Without the dealerships in between, we get to see the various results of inspections and such. Usually they are minor, but you definitely want as much of that addressed before delivery as possible.

Hang in there. The wait is almost over.

My delivery got delayed by a week or two last year. I remember the feeling. Totally sucked. But like everyone else said, you forget all about it once you drive the car.

Most cars need some sort of attention out of the factory. We just don’t see that with traditional dealerships, because it all happens before the car makes it to the lot. Without the dealerships in between, we get to see the various results of inspections and such. Usually they are minor, but you definitely want as much of that addressed before delivery as possible.

Good point about dealership vs direct sales.

I completely understand being frustrated. On the flip side, my PHEV Ford Escape I purchased in April of this year, sat at the dealer for 7 weeks while they tried to resolve a non-function AC system. That was a terrible experience, and I wish that was found and sorted before delivery.

My delivery was also delayed a few weeks. I also thought about cancelling and did not. I am really glad I did not cancel. The car is awesome.

However, Lucid needs to really improve delivery by not setting unrealistic expectations. We are all used to going to a dealership and immediately getting a car. If Lucid had told you it would take a month, you would buy the car and feel better about the process.

It's worth the wait and like someone said, it should increase your confidence in the brand as they're trying to do it right..mine also took a bit longer for delivery but I forgot all about it when I drove the car... be patient.. it'll be worth it

The middleman dealership analogy is awesome! I'm stealing it! Love it and its 🎯 💯

Also @blktmy I feel your pain! Lucid held my car for years before delivering it 😉 ! But in all seriousness, you have a community here! Look forward to meeting you on a#LucidOwnersClub rally!

Well, you're doing better than I did. It appears Lucid has yet to get their delivery system dialed in. I ordered my AIr GT on June 16. At that time there were about 1,200 unsold vehicles in inventory (including mine which was built in late 22}. It took until August 16th for them to get the car to me. Two months to get the car from Newark, CA to me... and I never got an answer as to why the car was in Newark instead of Arizona, but it was. It arrived with 23 miles on it, so it was a "new" car (assuming they hadn't reset the ODO before delivery). As for "issues", there have been none here. The car is stellar, tight, runs perfectly, no uneven panel gaps, etc.

It arrived with 23 miles on it, so it was a "new" car (assuming they hadn't reset the ODO before delivery).
That would be illegal.

I assume you mean resetting the odometer is illegal? It is perfectly legal and very commonplace for new cars to have some miles on them.
Yes. I meant the odo reset.

I'd rather wait an extra week or two and have them fix all the big issues than take delivery and have to lose the car to repairs right away. As many have said on here before, once you get your car, all your frustrations with the wait/delivery process will fade away as you mash the accelerator.

That being said, I don't see how you could get a loaner without having paid for/taken delivery of your car. That just doesn't make sense from a business standpoint for Lucid - what if you decide to cancel? Then you've racked up miles on their loaner and leave them holding the keys to your car on top of that. I wouldn't get your hopes up in that regard.

Hang in there! The car is almost yours!

I have already singed and paid for it so I don't see it being a problem. Hopefully they figure out the problem so I can pick it up and start enjoying it.

The middleman dealership analogy is awesome! I'm stealing it! Love it and its 🎯 💯

Also @blktmy I feel your pain! Lucid held my car for years before delivering it 😉 ! But in all seriousness, you have a community here! Look forward to meeting you on a#LucidOwnersClub rally

Out of the entire community you're the only one I've met Dr! ;)

Back