Taking delivery of a 2023 Touring today!

devkev

Verified Owner
Taking delivery today!
- 2023 Touring
- Cosmos Silver exterior
- Santa Cruz trim
- Dream Drive Pro
- Surreal Sound Pro

I went to see my car last weekend to perform a check. I had most of the checklist items in my head (I lost the link for the checklist but have it for going back today) I had a few items I needed to call out for them to fix:
- phone wireless charger wasn’t working (this was an absolute deal breaker, they will have to have this fixed for today for me to take delivery)
- minor nicks in some trim
- some door sag causing misalignment (they claim there is a tolerance level they will reject and repair, has anyone called out this and been told they won’t fix it?)

Overall though the car looked great and everything felt great. I am going to do a final run through of the checklist when I go today and then hopefully get to accept delivery!

Exciting minus the minor issues. Never heard about the door sag thing though.

Taking delivery today!
- 2023 Touring
- Cosmos Silver exterior
- Santa Cruz trim
- Dream Drive Pro
- Surreal Sound Pro

I went to see my car last weekend to perform a check. I had most of the checklist items in my head (I lost the link for the checklist but have it for going back today) I had a few items I needed to call out for them to fix:
- phone wireless charger wasn’t working (this was an absolute deal breaker, they will have to have this fixed for today for me to take delivery)
- minor nicks in some trim
- some door sag causing misalignment (they claim there is a tolerance level they will reject and repair, has anyone called out this and been told they won’t fix it?)

Overall though the car looked great and everything felt great. I am going to do a final run through of the checklist when I go today and then hopefully get to accept delivery!
Since you call it an “absolute deal breaker”, I hope they confirmed that the wireless charger was actually broken.
A lot of people have problems with the wireless charger, including myself.
My iPhone 12 only works on the Lucid wireless charger if I remove it completely out of its OtterBox case.

Since you call it an “absolute deal breaker”, I hope they confirmed that the wireless charger was actually broken.
My iPhone 12 only works on the Lucid wireless charger if I remove it completely out of its OtterBox ca

My iPhone 12 only works on the Lucid wireless charger if I remove it completely out of its OtterBox case.
I did two test drives in two different cars with my case working in the wireless charger. The person showing me the car also tried with their phone as well. I found out on those test drives how to position it (making sure the phone was completely in the grip to align) 100% confident it was a car issue.

True, also, I hope OP remembers the wireless charger is only on the driver side.

Exciting minus the minor issues. Never heard about the door sag thing though.
Ya the whole door was slightly out of alignment “drooping” towards the back of the car. Definitely not something they can’t correct though. The test drive cars were perfectly flush.

It's none of my business, but IMO Lucid ownership goes best with a smile, rather than with thoughts of dealbreakers. Occasional short-term accommodation helps one enjoy the car fully.

It's none of my business, but IMO Lucid ownership goes best with a smile, rather than with thoughts of dealbreakers. Occasional short-term accommodation helps one enjoy the car fully.

I should clarify it’s a dealbreaker for me taking delivery and ensuring they fix it before I drive off the lot. I am very confident in the car and will not be going to a different car.

I should clarify it’s a dealbreaker for me taking delivery and ensuring they fix it before I drive off the lot. I am very confident in the car and will not be going to a different car.
Yeah, why would you accept a car with a broken wireless charger?

Yeah, why would you accept a car with a broken wireless charger?
To each their own. Either way it will get fixed. I thought the OP meant they'd not buy the car if Lucid couldn't repair it today.

Last edited:
so the car had everything working great. they fixed a piece of loose rubber gasket during delivery and the wireless charger works with no case but doesn’t work with my case. frustrating because i walked into the show room while signing and plopped it in a pure on the floor and it worked fine with the case. I suspect when they fixed the charger they may have misaligned it. they will be coming to do a home repair of that but everything else is perfect! Excited to join the club!!!

so the car had everything working great. they fixed a piece of loose rubber gasket during delivery and the wireless charger works with no case but doesn’t work with my case. frustrating because i walked into the show room while signing and plopped it in a pure on the floor and it worked fine with the case. I suspect when they fixed the charger they may have misaligned it. they will be coming to do a home repair of that but everything else is perfect! Excited to join the club!!!
Congratulations!

Back