AC software sometimes no cold air

blueice89

Cars
Lucid 22”AGT quantum
So it’s a bit tricky to reproduce but I have done it Handful of occasions. If you leave your car in drive way and close and open doors couple of times perhaps turning car on or off it then goes into a no cold air mode. If I leave right away like load my kids and don’t make any trips back to house to grab any last minute items I am good. But those times I grab some items or kids load one at a time I notice it’s like the ac compressor is turned off by software.

There must be a glitch here you have to open doors a few times like you are load and unload and this type of behavior will also cause car play to go missing.

Has anyone seen this type of ac behavior? Is Lucid aware of this? It’s not super ideal when our temps are hitting 115+. Also I feel like when this happens I have to press auto, press fans on max a couple of times until it starts blowing cold air. Almost like AC reset telling it to turn on.

Would like Lucid to work on this please.
IMG_9074.jpeg

So it’s a bit tricky to reproduce but I have done it Handful of occasions. If you leave your car in drive way and close and open doors couple of times perhaps turning car on or off it then goes into a no cold air mode. If I leave right away like load my kids and don’t make any trips back to house to grab any last minute items I am good. But those times I grab some items or kids load one at a time I notice it’s like the ac compressor is turned off by software.

There must be a glitch here you have to open doors a few times like you are load and unload and this type of behavior will also cause car play to go missing.

Has anyone seen this type of ac behavior? Is Lucid aware of this? It’s not super ideal when our temps are hitting 115+. Also I feel like when this happens I have to press auto, press fans on max a couple of times until it starts blowing cold air. Almost like AC reset telling it to turn on.

Would like Lucid to work on this please. View attachment 13560
Please make sure to send your concerns to customer service. While Lucid sometimes monitors this forum, it is not a direct communication.

Won't the 2.1.3 update fix this via the "Max AC" button?

Well, it definitely does have a max AC button. Whether it fixes the concern of the original poster remains to be seen… Please follow up @blueice89

I guess it would be a little less painful by ha in one button to press. But kinda begs the question if that is actual root cause problem or just bandaid. They should root cause why compressor appears to go off.

Do you hear the fans running at all? There is a period of time where the car directs all cooling to the battery before letting the cabin cool down. Is that happening to you?

Do you hear the fans running at all? There is a period of time where the car directs all cooling to the battery before letting the cabin cool down. Is that happening to you?
I hear and feel the fans running just no cold air until I press a bunch of buttons then it starts working. It’s a rare occasion it doesn’t happen most the time but does happen every now and then. Why would it direct cooling to battery any idea how long that state is ? Does this happen while car is in drive ?

Does this happen only upon departure or upon arrival also? If departure only do you sit in the car and press the brake before making the back and forth trips?

Does this happen only upon departure or upon arrival also? If departure only do you sit in the car and press the brake before making the back and forth trips?
No brake as far as I know

No brake as far as I know
Sitting in the car and pressing the brake is equivalent to "starting" the car or pressing the start button. Where as opening the door is unlocking the car which I do think starts up some systems but I have never really tried to leave the door open for an extended period of time to see what happens. Maybe it has something to do with the car not being "started" if that makes sense?

I hear and feel the fans running just no cold air until I press a bunch of buttons then it starts working. It’s a rare occasion it doesn’t happen most the time but does happen every now and then. Why would it direct cooling to battery any idea how long that state is ? Does this happen while car is in drive ?
It happens when thr batteries are too hot regardless of driving or sitting still.

It happens when thr batteries are too hot regardless of driving or sitting still.
I wonder if that’s happening now , it’s gotten so hot that even my ac feels a little cold but just wish we had more AC. Lucid not keeping up in 120 degree heat sorry to say :( . For those that have privilege of driving in hell AZ they would understand me.

I wonder if that’s happening now , it’s gotten so hot that even my ac feels a little cold but just wish we had more AC. Lucid not keeping up in 120 degree heat sorry to say :( . For those that have privilege of driving in hell AZ they would understand me.

I drove home from Payson yesterday afternoon, the car showed 125. I think is was actually 118. My car did fine. I did have to turn the temperature down from 73 to 71 though.

Okay I think I understand what’s happening the compressor has a 2-3 min delays before it gets kicked on which appears to be just as how it works. Pre cool at least 5 minute would help I think

I wish someone can come up with roof shade just for summer.

This used to happen on my Model S. On a really hot day, leaving work the AC would start blowing cold, then warm for 5 min or so. I presumed that it was trying to cool the batteries.

This used to happen on my Model S. On a really hot day, leaving work the AC would start blowing cold, then warm for 5 min or so. I presumed that it was trying to cool the batteries.
Yep, Batteries > Meat sacks

Back