Air conditioner for Florida climate????

We live in south Florida and have driven the Lucid for two years. We have never found the car unable to keep the cabin comfortable after a cool-down period. We also drove the car on a trip to the Carolinas during the 2021 summer heat wave that saw 108º temperatures without any discomfort. Even sitting on black tarmac at Walmart charging stations we found the cabin tolerable if not quite crispy cool. I have also spent a few hot, sunny afternoons sitting in airport cell phone lots waiting for arrivals with the A/C keeping up just fine on the "auto" setting at 70º. (The glass roof in any car, including our Tesla, gets hot to the touch when there is no airflow over the glass. So there was a noticeable heat gradient as you neared the roof while sitting. However, the A/C kept up.)

Before delivery I looked into the feasibility of applying a tint film but dropped the idea after living with the car for a while.
Thank you !

Sorry. I have been busy with wedding preps for my son.

I live in florida. I live in Davie which is just west of Fort Lauderdale. I have a touring and chose the aluminum top since I was concerned with range efficiency and AC efficiency. AC works great. I have never felt hot even during extremely hot weather. The seat ventilation works great too.

the aluminum top is also lighter than the glass top. If I had to do it again, I would buy a GT with glass top. The concern about heat is overstated and the extra range of the GT is pretty helpful at times.

Best of luck to you. You will not regret the decision whichever one you chose. I still love getting in my car to take a drive. My wife is tired of me making up reason to take the car out. Haha. I just love it.

If you need any local tips, please reach out.

And Join the South Florida Group please. I would love to get a bunch of us Lucid enthusiasts together soon.

PS. If you need to get a referral code to save some money, mine is on my profile. Most people have it on their profile so please use one of them.
I would love to get together in south Florida . My tesla lease empires in late May and if I become a lucid owner I would let you know . Still shopping around for another options but so far Lucid is my favorite!

Thanks again
Bobby

Back