CarPlay connectivity needs improvement.

I’ve had horrible issues with CarPlay and the lucid built in phone system. It feels like the car doesn’t know what to use to answer the phone and I have to push calls to my phone speaker. They really need to fix this!
I have stopped using CarPlay until I read on this forum that things are better. It’s not worth the aggravation.

Yeah I got a phone call via CarPlay and there was like a 3-4 second delay in the conversation, making it impossible to have a conversation. Weirdly I did a zoom meeting while driving last week after the OTA and it was fine, so it seems to be very inconsistent in terms of function and reliability. It mostly loads via wireless but occasionally it won’t load not matter what I try.

The thing I hate the most, is when I’m using Apple Maps in CarPlay to navigate to a destination and have passengers with me, and part of the way there in some busy intersection, CarPlay just disappears, and the icon to relaunch CarPlay is gone, and I have to quickly enter the destination into the native nav system while driving. This has made me skittish about trusting CarPlay dependability and stick with the native navigation most of the time.

I went through the whole “delete everything” routine when I upgraded my phone a month ago, but still occasionally have very sketchy CarPlay reliability.
I agree.
My other 2 car/trk has Apple carplay and hvnt had an issue in 7 years.
The Lucid on the other hand only works less than 1/2 the time.
I leave carplay off.
Can't understand whats so difficult in such a high class car.
The physical car is so wonderful, but the software really sucks.
Need to hire more Tesla guys.

I agree.
My other 2 car/trk has Apple carplay and hvnt had an issue in 7 years.
The Lucid on the other hand only works less than 1/2 the time.
I leave carplay off.
Can't understand whats so difficult in such a high class car.
The physical car is so wonderful, but the software really sucks.
Need to hire more Tesla guys.
But... Tesla doesn't have carplay at all 🤣

Jokes aside, I get what you mean. Is there a reason you leave it off, though? Might as well use it sometimes than never...

We have also turned off car play. The latest release was supposed to improve it, but it's worse. It shows a lack of ability to Q/A software when they don't know that they are breaking more items than they are fixing.

The car is an amazing ride/drive. My wife and I both love driving it. However, it's our daily driver and we need most things to work all the time. We were both looking forward to many things like Carplay, Dream Drive functions, proximity keys (that don't need to be kept in Faraday boxes!), and so on. We're not sure we'll keep it. But that's ok, I got a great deal, and if, and it's just an if, I sell it, someone, hopefully here, will get an amazing car with few miles for a great price. We're still hoping the service can figure out the fob not recognized/pin problem and a better software update to solve some of our problems!!

We have also turned off car play. The latest release was supposed to improve it, but it's worse. It shows a lack of ability to Q/A software when they don't know that they are breaking more items than they are fixing.

The car is an amazing ride/drive. My wife and I both love driving it. However, it's our daily driver and we need most things to work all the time. We were both looking forward to many things like Carplay, Dream Drive functions, proximity keys (that don't need to be kept in Faraday boxes!), and so on. We're not sure we'll keep it. But that's ok, I got a great deal, and if, and it's just an if, I sell it, someone, hopefully here, will get an amazing car with few miles for a great price. We're still hoping the service can figure out the fob not recognized/pin problem and a better software update to solve some of our problems!!

omg yes. i thought it was just me. My experience with carplay after 2.1.60 is terrible. It keeps crashing, and going into loops. I actually thought it was fine a few months ago when i got my car, but now it's completely unusable.

For what it's worth, my carplay has been flawless for multiple releases now. So it appears to be a hard thing to track down since it seems to only happen to some devices/owners.

This is very frustrating. When I take it in, service just says “it’s software” and we can’t fix it. But clearly it’s not just software, it’s specific configurations that work and don’t work. I think this is a place where an escalation to a higher level might result in configuration changes that solve the problem.

For what it's worth, my carplay has been flawless for multiple releases now. So it appears to be a hard thing to track down since it seems to only happen to some devices/owners.
Mine sucks, just doesn’t connect anymore. Message to Lucid executives, please fix this ASAP, top priority!

I’ve also had issues recently. Apple CarPlay used to start up via Bluetooth connection every time. Now it doesn’t work at all via Bluetooth. It still works fine with USB connection. I’ve tried deleting/forgetting the pairing on both phone and vehicle a few times. I complete the pairing process but it still won’t trigger Apple CarPlay unless plugged into USB.

I’ve also had issues recently. Apple CarPlay used to start up via Bluetooth connection every time. Now it doesn’t work at all via Bluetooth. It still works fine with USB connection. I’ve tried deleting/forgetting the pairing on both phone and vehicle a few times. I complete the pairing process but it still won’t trigger Apple CarPlay unless plugged into USB.
Update in case it might help others: I unpaired and hit “forget” on both car and phone. I then did a “logo reset” on the car and restarted my phone. After both phone and car rebooted, I paired. Now Apple CarPlay is working well consistently with the Bluetooth connection. If anyone else having issues tries this and it works, let us know.

Update in case it might help others: I unpaired and hit “forget” on both car and phone. I then did a “logo reset” on the car and restarted my phone. After both phone and car rebooted, I paired. Now Apple CarPlay is working well consistently with the Bluetooth connection. If anyone else having issues tries this and it works, let us know.
Thanks, just tried that and so far working consistently!

Yes, this works for a while. Eventually, we lose the connection.

So today I had time to delete all this stuff and try to restart add back car play. What I noticed I had like 4 cars on my iPhone stored so hoping the phone got confused between 4 cars I deleted and repaired it all. No issues yet will report back once I get my first miss connection. Curious those that have issue check you CarPlay settings do you got lot of cars ?🚗

We only have one car with CarPlay. Lucid is resetting the car and CarPlay now. Hoping for a stable state, but not terribly optimistic.

So today I had time to delete all this stuff and try to restart add back car play. What I noticed I had like 4 cars on my iPhone stored so hoping the phone got confused between 4 cars I deleted and repaired it all. No issues yet will report back once I get my first miss connection. Curious those that have issue check you CarPlay settings do you got lot of cars ?🚗

I have 3 cars stored including Lucid. I have 9/10 reliable connectivity via CP

the carplay in my car has been working just fine, it loads as I enter the car

Wireless Car play works about 75 percent of the time. Sometimes it will just disconnect. I will then have to unpair the phone completely and then repair it with the car and then it will work. Happens randomly.

Wireless Car play works about 75 percent of the time. Sometimes it will just disconnect. I will then have to unpair the phone completely and then repair it with the car and then it will work. Happens randomly.
Next time it simply disconnects, go into the control center on your iPhone. You will see that the Wi-Fi indicator is white, which indicates the phones still thinks the CarPlay is on despite the car not thinking so. Tap indicator Wi-Fi. You will get a warning on your phone saying “this will disconnect CarPlay.“ Tap OKthen wait a couple seconds and the car will reconnect to the phone automatically. This works about 90% of the time. For the other 10%, you may need to go into the connectivity menu in the car and tap the CarPlay icon to force a reconnect.
IMG_6674.jpeg

Back