2.4 MB · Views: 87
  • 20230716_204024.jpg
    20230716_204024.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 96
  • 20230716_204101.jpg
    20230716_204101.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 83
most likely
Any idea are the fans linked to passive lock and unlock? My fans stop if I lock the car, I think. Our phone and key can be somewhat close to the car as kitchen is close to garage. What I think is happening is cause of passive lock unlock Lucid always thinks I am about to go for a drive so it fans the battery but I am not going for a drive lol.
Me thinks 2.1.3 will tune down this — is my thinking right ??

Any idea are the fans linked to passive lock and unlock? My fans stop if I lock the car, I think. Our phone and key can be somewhat close to the car as kitchen is close to garage. What I think is happening is cause of passive lock unlock Lucid always thinks I am about to go for a drive so it fans the battery but I am not going for a drive lol.

The BMS fans run independent of lock state. If you hear them running, your batteries are too hot.

Get a blow fan to cool off garage.

I guess I should be thankful, my garage only got to 92.3 max in the past 24 hours …

IMG_1080.jpeg

I wonder

i set my car to begin charging at 4 AM which helps with the heat. My garage was getting up to 114 and the car was throttling charging. Doesn’t seem to happen at 4am.

The BMS fans operate regardless of lock or unlock but the cabin air conditioning turns on when you unlock. If your fob is nearby and you unlock it, the air conditioning fans will kick on. If the battery is hot, this could also trigger the BMS fans since you are now drawing current from the batteries.

Suggest one I am not sure that would cool it you need AC maybe like a mini split but I don’t think I am gonna spend that money

Lasko High Velocity Max Performance Pivoting Utility Blower Fan, for Cooling, Ventilating, Exhausting and Drying, Home, Job Site, 2 AC Outlets, Circuit Breaker with Reset, 3 Speeds, 14", Black, U15617 https://a.co/d/g08TLIe

It’s not going to generate cool air, but it circulate stuffy hot air and make it more tolerable. I’m my case, it’s better than nothing. Also use radiant barrier for your 3 windows that can induce heat into garage.

Our tesla friends took apart the frunk in their 2019
IMG_9290.png
Model 3 and got access to the radiator and man it had a crazy amount of leaves and junk. Makes me wonder if we also need to think about cleaning the Lucid radiator fins.

They cleaned out the Tesla fins and ac fan airflow improved significantly. Made me think …

The BMS fans operate regardless of lock or unlock but the cabin air conditioning turns on when you unlock. If your fob is nearby and you unlock it, the air conditioning fans will kick on. If the battery is hot, this could also trigger the BMS fans since you are now drawing current from the batteries.
For now I turned off passive unlock and now I hear the fan noises much less

For now I turned off passive unlock and now I hear the fan noises much less
I’d love if they would geofence the locking/unlocking options.

Our phone and key can be somewhat close to the car as kitchen is close to garage.
And this is exactly why I only use the fob and not mobile key. The fob sits right next to the garage (I've got a smaller home than some of you). As long as the fob doesn't move, the car invalidates it. The second I pick up the fob, the car wakes up. It's perfect. With mobile key, just moving around my house wakes the car up constantly.

Until the passive locking/unlocking settings get geofenced...

It’s a little speedy curious on its performance

Back