Vents smell like socks 🧦

We're not having a moldy smell in our Air, but we're getting a very strong moldy odor in our Tesla Model S. The Tesla system was cleaned on its last service visit and the filter replaced, but the smell returned within a couple of weeks. We don't know what to try next.
Yeah, my Model 3 got that after the first few months of having it. They flushed the system and replaced the filter (which miffed me a bit because it’s a known issue and yet they still charged me for it). Never came back in my case through, so I wonder why yours is returning?

Just about everyone I know who owns a Tesla has been through this. But it’s usually a one-time fix.

Yeah, my Model 3 got that after the first few months of having it. They flushed the system and replaced the filter (which miffed me a bit because it’s a known issue and yet they still charged me for it). Never came back in my case through, so I wonder why yours is returning?

Just about everyone I know who owns a Tesla has been through this. But it’s usually a one-time fix.

It may have something to do with the intense heat and humidity in South Florida. However, we never had this problem with our 2015 Tesla and haven't had it with any other car.

I have to be honest; I did not expect that at all. Now, I am very puzzled. Can someone enlighten me what 51/2023 exactly means?
As I previously said, my guess it’s the 51st day of 2023. That gives you an exact day of production rather than just a month.

I always turn off AC a mile or so from home and let the fan run for a bit to help prevent moisture in the vents (have done this with every vehicle). However, on a few ocassions I have gotten the old sock smell from my Lucid's HVAC after not driving it for awhile. Will have to see if this changes now that the bitter so cal winter is setting in. ☃️❄️

Although I have no personal experience with this product, it has been rated highly for car odor elimination.

STAR BRITE Auto Odor Eliminator, Fast Release Vapor System Eliminates Car Odors in 4-6 Hours (19970), Multicolor https://a.co/d/dqNm47h

Back