• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

FEATURE 2024 Wishlist Survey

The biggest feature that is causing me pause is the lack of a hitch receiver so I can mount my bike rack. The roof mount option seems to have a lot of issues, and I greatly prefer a hitch option anyway.

While I know "Air" is part of the differentiation of the product, I am not a fan of glass roofs that don't open. The metal roof is an option on the lower trims, and I wish it were an option on all the trims. But that isn't a deal breaker. No ability to mount a bike is.

While I know "Air" is part of the differentiation of the product, I am not a fan of glass roofs that don't open. The metal roof is an option on the lower trims, and I wish it were an option on all the trims. But that isn't a deal breaker. No ability to mount a bike is.
The metal roof will be an option for all trims for the 2024 model year.

The biggest feature that is causing me pause is the lack of a hitch receiver so I can mount my bike rack. The roof mount option seems to have a lot of issues, and I greatly prefer a hitch option anyway.

I will note that a bike fits with the rear seat folded or on the top, but I do understand the drawbacks to both.

I will note that a bike fits with the rear seat folded or on the top, but I do understand the drawbacks to both.

Will a mountain bike fit in the back without removing a wheel? I looked for a Weathertech cover that would protect the entire surface with the rear seats down, but didn't see an option for that. Dirt falling off my bike into the rear seats of my $100k car isn't very appealing.

Anyway, if that were added to the survey, it would get 80 points of my vote.

I’m not sure what you mean by this. Suffice to say, they will absolutely be looking at these results. And I don’t work for Lucid.

I mean this is a list created from the opinions of customers who have already parted (edit: most have already parted) with their money. They'll look at it, sure, and hopefully take it into account, but it's not "their list" and they have no obligation to do anything based on it. (Unless you have a legally binding agreement with Lucid that they do so... but if you don't you're just saving them a bit of money by conducting a customer survey for them for free.)

I hope I'm wrong; I really do. But there are likely R&D tasks at Lucid that will generate more ROI than anything on this wishlist. That's capitalism.

I mean this is a list created from the opinions of customers who have already parted (edit: most have already parted) with their money. They'll look at it, sure, and hopefully take it into account, but it's not "their list" and they have no obligation to do anything based on it. (Unless you have a legally binding agreement with Lucid that they do so... but if you don't you're just saving them a bit of money by conducting a customer survey for them for free.)

I hope I'm wrong; I really do. But there are likely R&D tasks at Lucid that will generate more ROI than anything on this wishlist. That's capitalism.
This is also the place full of enthusiasts who willingly advertise for the brand, and people like me who are waiting to jump on the next product (Gravity). There's no legally binding contract and no one here will make any promises, but small businesses very much do have reason to listen to their existing customers. That's why they have more than bare minimum customer service, and why there are perks like the referral program. Happy customers leads to more customers. That is, also, capitalism.

When I bought a car nine years ago and was promised regular updates with new features, I didn't know what to expect. Over time, I came to expect a lot, and I got a lot. With Lucid, I bought the car knowing that it has OTA updates, incomplete or missing features, and some parts of software that are substandard compared to the competition. I'm sure that Lucid knows what the competition does and wants to be better than the competition. They also want me to be able to tell my brother in law, who has a reservation but didn't pull the trigger, that new features came along including ones that he asked about.

Lucid has to compete with other companies that make cars that add features over time, some of which are substantial improvements. Currently, there are a number of things that are downright awkward, such as parts of navigation, not being able to close the garage door easily when backing out, having USB support with major missing features (and that's not even on the list, but for people who want to listen to their own content instead of random material, it's an important one) and other things that people take for granted in other cars.

Will a mountain bike fit in the back without removing a wheel? I looked for a Weathertech cover that would protect the entire surface with the rear seats down, but didn't see an option for that. Dirt falling off my bike into the rear seats of my $100k car isn't very appealing.

Anyway, if that were added to the survey, it would get 80 points of my vote.
It would be an EXTREMELY tight squeeze, but yes.

giphy (3).gif

Great, comprehensive list of features. Thanks

i surely liked the limit to 100 and therefore we prioritize what is important to each of us without asking for the moon.

I got to -110 and had to revise. Too many things still missing!
Actually I did not even read the 100 limit to begin with and assumed that I can select any number for any item. I ended up with 3000🤣. Then I got it and re-did the entire thing and that really got me think what is the most important thing to me. Surprise! Google Maps instead of HERE maps followed by more features in DDp. I wish I could save it before submission or see what I chose after the submission.

Back