• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

FEATURE 2024 Wishlist Survey

Understood, we left it out on the assumption that V2H requires some sort of hardware as well, but you’re right, that would be an amazing addition!
So wouldn't it be good to add it and see how much response there is? Plus, I'm assuming Lucid personnel will be looking at this Wishlist. I'd really like to see it added if possible.

So wouldn't it be good to add it and see how much response there is? Plus, I'm assuming Lucid personnel will be looking at this Wishlist. I'd really like to see it added if possible.
I don’t disagree with you; unfortunately the surveys are already running and we have a couple hundred responses. We will make sure to get that in the next one.

Also, as I understand it from the QMerit electrician I've been communicating with, the software update for V2H is the key. The hardware necessary will be installed by the QMerit electrician and I'm pretty certain they know exactly what will be required. I believe the internal lucid hardware on the car is already in place. So if it makes others here feel better perhaps just add only the software component to the WishList.

I don’t disagree with you; unfortunately the surveys are already running and we have a couple hundred responses. We will make sure to get that in the next one.
Okay then I will hold off using my 100 votes.

Understood, we left it out on the assumption that V2H requires some sort of hardware as well, but you’re right, that would be an amazing addition!
I would love a hardware survey as well! It would provide Lucid with feedback for future revisions of the Air, we could add things like rear wheel steering, a bigger rear screen, the glass cockpit from Gravity, etc! If Lucid decides to refresh the Air, this would be as useful to them as the two surveys already conducted!

Could that be done to complete the trio of surveys?

I would love a hardware survey as well! It would provide Lucid with feedback for future revisions of the Air, we could add things like rear wheel steering, a bigger rear screen, the glass cockpit from Gravity, etc! If Lucid decides to refresh the Air, this would be as useful to them as the two surveys already conducted!

Could that be done to complete the trio of surveys?
I think the point of the software survey is stuff that Lucid already has the ability to implement, it's a signal of what to prioritize

Changing hardware, adding RWS, rear screen, etc... is not stuff that they can do today. They have to find new suppliers, R&D effort, have to consider costs, etc... it's nice to have a wishlist for how much better the Air COULD be, but that sounds like more of a dream list and not really constructive to Lucid as a company.

I think the point of the software survey is stuff that Lucid already has the ability to implement, it's a signal of what to prioritize

Changing hardware, adding RWS, rear screen, etc... is not stuff that they can do today. They have to find new suppliers, R&D effort, have to consider costs, etc... it's nice to have a wishlist for how much better the Air COULD be, but that sounds like more of a dream list and not really constructive to Lucid as a company.
Well, we don't want Lucid to go the way of the Model S with limited refreshes. I agree it would be more of a dream list, but it informs Lucid of what us consumers would like for the refresh!

Well, we don't want Lucid to go the way of the Model S with limited refreshes. I agree it would be more of a dream list, but it informs Lucid of what us consumers would like for the refresh!
while you're at it, i want double wishbone suspension, PDCC, RWS, SPASM, oh wait...hahahah

I’m not sure what you mean by this. Suffice to say, they will absolutely be looking at these results. And I don’t work for Lucid.
This is true. Lucid has been very receptive to this forum and wishlists. It is, after all, still a very small community of owners and this is certainly to our benefit (albeit at the cost of the stock price 🥲)

While we're on the topic of OTA software updates, my most burning question is what and why Lucid has seemingly prioritized what is has thus far? It seems the canvas for some extremely useful updates is so massive that it confuses and even frustrates me when there's an update for "canceling a blinker" is put above literally so much else. But why?! What would stop or be a barrier for Lucid to do the many many things we've voted for on this list? Thoughts?

While we're on the topic of OTA software updates, my most burning question is what and why Lucid has seemingly prioritized what is has thus far? It seems the canvas for some extremely useful updates is so massive that it confuses and even frustrates me when there's an update for "canceling a blinker" is put above literally so much else. But why?! What would stop or be a barrier for Lucid to do the many many things we've voted for on this list? Thoughts?
This is my speculation, but if you recall the previous update 2.1.43 was pushed to help improve subsequent updates. I believe they added one small fix in 2.1.47 to tests this process.

Are the results out yet for this?
I will make a nice spreadsheet and post the results from the bug survey on Sunday. I will do the same for this wishlist survey next Sunday. Let’s give it another week so our more occasional forum visitors can register their votes.

Just curious... do you coordinate ahead of time w/ Lucid on the survey design or is that all independent? I think it's great that you're doing this and even better that Lucid is interested in listening to the opinions of this forum.

Just curious... do you coordinate ahead of time w/ Lucid on the survey design or is that all independent? I think it's great that you're doing this and even better that Lucid is interested in listening to the opinions of this forum.
No, this is completely designed by your friendly neighborhood moderator group. We are happy to submit the results to Lucid but they do not influence the format or content.

This is my speculation, but if you recall the previous update 2.1.43 was pushed to help improve subsequent updates. I believe they added one small fix in 2.1.47 to tests this process.
Right, this is true and seems to be a common theme. Where one small update precedes another bigger update. But why prioritize things like optimizing the rear seat warmers...over soooo many more significant updates that this car is more than capable of? It really puzzles me as to why they're not putting more important things on the desk of their software developers.

Back