2.0.70 brick'ed my Lucid! :-|

FaisalJ

Cars
About 2 weeks back when 2.0.70 was pushed to my car, like always, I set it for installation. The next morning, the car would not change into any gear. It was pretty much non-driveable, even though when I'd sit in the car, the screens will turn on, even CarPlay would turn on, but can't drive the car. After trying for a few mins, I just drove a different car. Next day, the same thing. I tried rebooting the car a few times, but the reboot didn't seem to work. Messaged customer service and they tried to reboot the car remotely, but it still wouldn't fix it. The car was not drivable, as it won't let me change to Reverse or Drive. Customer Service offered to arrange a tow truck to get the car to the nearest Lucid Studio (Milbrae is closest, about an hour away).

The next morning the tow truck showed up and took the car to Lucid. I rode with him. I thought that once the car gets to Lucid, some cracker-jack techie will attach a laptop computer to the car and unwind the messy software and fix the glitch that caused the vehicle to be "brick'ed". No such luck. They decided to keep the vehicle and arranged a rental for me. While Christopher at Lucid is accommodating, but its been 10 days, and the car is still not fixed. Apparently, they are now waiting for the head office to push some special software onto the car to wipe out the damage done by 2.0.70. They also suspect that the software update may have fried some hardware in the vehicle (VRC?).

My rental from Hertz was a Tesla Model 3; which is a very lame experience if one is used to driving a Lucid. Finally on Saturday - a week later - Lucid arranged a loaner which is another Lucid Air GT. So while the situation is now a bit better, my car is still with Lucid. They are now hoping to get the car fixed by the coming Wednesday. Fingers crossed!

I am really curious if any other Lucid owner had the same issue after trying to install 2.0.70, and if yes, any experience in how long it took to fix? I have had the car for 9+ months, and have never had any issues installing any previous software update.
WhatsApp Image 2023-07-31 at 3.03.28 PM.jpeg

Same experience here with 2.7.1.
Car’s been at SC since Thursday. No diagnosis yet. Awaiting the engineering team to review the data.

Open contactor, needs replacement? Quite a few of us had the issue all at once post that update.

Back