Auxiliary Power Supply Fault

Interesting. Yeah for a heater to fail early on like that I’m curious what the defect would be, since it’s not heat pump technology. I never had a heater go bad in any other car. AC sure, that fails all the time in other cars, the joke with Volvo was the AC sucked because nobody in Sweden had ever used air conditioning before (even though SAAB used to market the quality of their air conditioning).

Thanks @Bunnylebowski... appreciate hearing your experience.
And you're mostly correct about the recent issue being an incompatibility between the very latest rev of the Wunderbox being incomptible with the older rev of the heater unit, as I understand it.
I'm sure few members here care about the lengthy explanation, but seems certain versions of the newest Wunderbox are NOT compatible with the older versions of the heater units. When my original Wunderbox was replaced, they should have also replaced the heater unit but they weren't aware of that issue at the time. That became my second problem. Now both units are the latest (and greatest??) versions and i'm told all should be well now.
Good to hear you got your car back and Lucid seems to understand the problems and rectifies it. I've had mine almost a year, no issues except a few trim problems which were easily fixed.

At least now you have the latest versions. Enjoy the drive!

Interesting. Yeah for a heater to fail early on like that I’m curious what the defect would be, since it’s not heat pump technology. I never had a heater go bad in any other car. AC sure, that fails all the time in other cars, the joke with Volvo was the AC sucked because nobody in Sweden had ever used air conditioning before (even though SAAB used to market the quality of their air conditioning).
I’ve had resistance heating go bad before (not on the Lucid) - but usually it’s the ones in the seat, not by the fan.

That said, I’m also curious.

The issue was a mismatch between the version of the heater unit and the version number of my replacement wunderbox. A change was made to one of them recently (not sure which) and now the service centers have to be careful to make sure that the right heater is in place with the right rev of the wunderbox. Obviously the factory gets it right, but my issue was i needed a replacement wunderbox a few weeks ago and service forgot (or never knew) that i needed the newest heater unit to go with the newest wunderbox. That's what the service rep at Millbrae told me.

Yeah I think the WunderBox is extremely specific in terms of component compatibility, when I had my HV battery/Wunderbox replaced they said I needed a new charging cable too to match the Wunderbox version.

We just had this exact same error message happen to our Lucid Air GT which is bit over a year and a half old. FWIW, we also had just charged it to 100% (for the first time in quite a while) using the Lucid Home Charger. Sadly the reason we had charged it to 100% was to drive it west to see the eclipse,

Wanted to follow up on my message from above.

First, the eclipse was amazing. Drove out in a family member's car, and we were worried about cloud cover but the high, thin clouds actually made the viewing better in my opinion and thinned out at just the right time. So cool!

Anyway, wanted to give kudos to Lucid because before I even got back from our eclipse trip we had an email waiting for us from Victoria M from Lucid customer support saying that they got notice of the fault from our car, our car needed to be serviced (assuming similar to what was reported in this thread) so they had tentatively scheduled a service date this coming Friday, they'd come pick up the car later this week and offered to get us a rental. Just extremely happy with Lucid support being so proactive.

hey @austinlucid, since i'm seemingly the only other one this happened to, will be interesting to hear if it was the same cause - the Wunderbox/heater mismatch. But it is very interesting to note that both of us had this happened after charging to 100% - you for the first time, me for the second time... but the only time i was at that high SOC and then also turned on the heater.

Just following up on the above. Again, shoutout to Victoria M and the Houston Lucid service center - I was so happy with their proactiveness, timeliness and communication. They really did a great job and I'm glad to have this wonderful car back again!

@JoshG , they did have to replace the Wunderbox. Info I got back was "Internal to the Wunderbox we found there was an isolation degradation issue. Eventually the isolation issue could degrade to the point that charging and driving would not be possible. ... The exact internal part creating the low isolation event can not be determined at our service center. The Wunderbox will be sent back to headquarters for a study to find the root cause of failure."

Back