What amperage is your home charger?

What is the amperage of the line feeding your home charger?

• Less than 30 amps

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • 30 amps (charging at 24)

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • 50 amps (charging at 40)

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • 60 amps (charging at 48)

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • 100 amps (charging at 80)

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • 40 amps (charging at 32)

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters

GearHead

Verified Owner
Cars
23 Air Touring
Referral Code
YX698K27
Just curious how most people are configured on their home charger.

I'm on a 50 amp line for two reasons. It was the most I could get from my panel without a major and expensive upgrade. It charges plenty fast for me. Even if I drive locally a couple hundred miles, I can charge back to 80% in about 4 or 5 hours while sleeping. In theory I could get my AT from 0% to 100% in about 11 hours. Plenty fast for me.

Pete

I use a 40 amp circuit also on my chargepoint home flex. I chose to plug it in instead of hard wire just for flexibility. If one day the homeflex does not work, I can plug in the portable charger that came with the car.

I have the Lucid EVSE on a 100A line and the Wallbox Pulsar Plus on a 60A line, but coupled with power boost which lowers the Wallbox current based on the current flowing through the subpanel so as not to overload it or trip a breaker.

Mine is on a 50 Amp circuit, but is set up as being on a 40 Amp, charging at 32 Amps. This is because when it was installed, my only EV at the time was an MX-30 that could only accept 32 Amps, so there was no reason no max it out at 40 Amps. I have not changed it now that I have an Air Pure and a Mini SE because it is completely adequate for my current needs as is.

I use a 40 amp circuit also on my chargepoint home flex. I chose to plug it in instead of hard wire just for flexibility. If one day the homeflex does not work, I can plug in the portable charger that came with the car.
Sorry I missed listing 40 amps. I don't seem to be able to edit the survey at this point.

Pete

Multiple choice would be useful - we have one EVSE on a 60 amp circuit (chosen in 2018 b/c that was our model 3's max) and another on a 40 amp circuit (chosen in 2011 to match our Leaf's max). It's 2024 now, both our cars are more capable, and I wish both EVSEs were on 60-80 amp circuits.

I trusted the installer electrician, who put a AWG 4 copper line (he wanted to use aluminum, but I insisted),
a"100" amp line, (not)
from the main box to the garage ~ 80 feet. However, there are 4 "100" amp sized wires, and he put in the least of them, which is only good for ~80 amps... which means I had to reset the LUCID charger to 72 amps, which is not on your choice list.

PS....make sure he uses a torque wrench on the fasteners. Don't trust them to do the job correctly.
My township inspector did not look at, let alone check, anything. He just signed a sticker.

Last edited:
50 amp breaker box connected to a 100 amp line should I ever want to upgrade. I have not yet been inconvenienced by the 9 kW charging speed so I'm going to leave it that way.

Back