Tidal issue

Coltonw011

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air GT
We took delivery of a Touring a week ago. We started with an 850 mile drive the 2nd day. This was probably not a good idea since we have never owned an EV. We made it with me believing we had a better experience than my wife thinks we did. Here are my observations along with those of a good friend of mine who purchased a new Tesla Plaid this summer.

My car has been far from perfect. We had a lot of charging issues at EA that required anywhere from 25-50 minutes with Lucid support and EA on the phone to get the car to charge. EA had to give us a complimentary charge as we get an “authentication error” each time. The navigation system had some serious glitches, including an inability to find charging stations and voice commands working/not working along with odd rerouting to much longer travel choices. The cameras have been glitchy sometimes working, sometimes not. The Dolby Atmos is not working, though we can now get music. So, not all roses. I have been driving Mercedes Benz/AMG and Porsche products for the past 30 years. Never had a car with as many problems. They do all appear to be software problems and I hope Lucid will get them all fixed. That being said, the car itself is fantastic to drive. I realize the Plaid accelerates faster, as do the AGTs. In no way can I use the all of the acceleration/speed the Touring has on public roads. Not on a regular basis. It is a parlor trick to accelerate as fast as these cars (and others) can. Often fun to stun friends the first time. In daily driving, I simply don’t need more power/speed/acceleration than either the Touring offers. All of them (AGT and Plaid included) offer acceleration, to quote Rolls Royce, that is “adequate”. Unless, you are big into stop light racing. Never been my thing. Now, if you are taking your car to a track, you may want the the extra power of a Plaid or a AGT.

The car is comfortable, fast, handles better than a 4 door sedan should, and extremely quiet. The Hiway Assist worked well for me. I have read other postst on this forum suggesting th the assist should move the car to the left side of the lane when passing trucks and I agree. Some of those big trucks seemed to get too close to me. The Air feels like it was put together by german engineering. To be honest, it feels more solid than my AMG coupe. It is great fun to drive. Inspite of the software issues, I am trying to make up reasons to take it on a long road trip again. It is a great driver’s car. A long road trip currently, may be a tough sell to my wife. She is very concerned we will be left on the side of the road unable to get the car charged.

I had it in to Lucid service for 2 days last week. I will say this, the service manager, (John), and all of the people I have had a face to face encounter with at the Scottsdale service center were very nice and helpful. They all really seem to care about Lucid, the cars, and the customers. They believe they fixed most of the problems with a “hard reset”. I tested the navigation today, it gave voice commands,and found charging stations. I drove to an EA station today and the after plugging in, the car began charging. The cameras seemed to work just as they should. I also performed the Dobly Atmos test. My car is definately not playing back Atmos music correctly. Perhaps it has not been activated by Lucid? Perhaps I have something set up incorrectly on my end? I will phone the service center tomorrow.

My Plaid owning friend had this to say. “The Lucid interior is much nicer, the car feels much more solid, and I think It is a better looking car than my Plaid. I do like the Telsa supercharger network. Other than that I don’t really see any reason to choose the Telsa over the Lucid”. His wife thought the interior and exterior are nicer than their Tesla. I haven’t spent any time in his car. I have experienced the Plaid acceleration and it is mind blowing. Just not real useful to me on public roads. Your desires may be different.

I have hopes, my Lucid software issues will be, for the most part, put behind me. The hardware and driving experience is amazing. If the software issued can be fixed quickly, the Touring is a bargain for what it offers in range, build quality, and driving characteristics. There are a lot of good automobiles available for purchase. I think Lucid is the premium EV at the moment. If Lucid can improve the software/reliability I don’t see why they would not remain a top consideration.
Just out of curiosity, are you trying to use Dolby atmos through the native Tidal app in the car? Currently, that’s the only way to experience it. If you are, and Dolby atoms selected tracks still aren’t working, try a reset and then try again. Otherwise, call service!

Just out of curiosity, are you trying to use Dolby atmos through the native Tidal app in the car? Currently, that’s the only way to experience it. If you are, and Dolby atoms selected tracks still aren’t working, try a reset and then try again. Otherwise, call service!
It would appear the Tidal app on my iphone is only using Bluetooth to pair with the car. We have successfully linked the car to my Tidal app using link.tidal.com. I have had the DA in Denver and Scottsdale service center attempt to get the Tidal app in the car find my playlists. They can not get it to work. What are we all doing incorrectly?

It would appear the Tidal app on my iphone is only using Bluetooth to pair with the car. We have successfully linked the car to my Tidal app using link.tidal.com. I have had the DA in Denver and Scottsdale service center attempt to get the Tidal app in the car find my playlists. They can not get it to work. What are we all doing incorrectly?
You should not be talking to the Tidal app on your phone at all. The built-in app, if it's set up and logged into your account, should see all your playlists and such that you have set up on your phone. If not, there's something wrong with the way the account was set up in the car. Or it's not the same account that you are logged into on your phone.

@joec is correct. You must login to your tidal account in the car. I recommend logging out of the tidal app on your phone, and only interacting through the app on the car. If you try and play over Bluetooth, you will not have access to atmos. Once CarPlay or AA is here, you should then be able to use your phone (I think).

You should not be talking to the Tidal app on your phone at all. The built-in app, if it's set up and logged into your account, should see all your playlists and such that you have set up on your phone. If not, there's something wrong with the way the account was set up in the car. Or it's not the same account that you are logged into on your phone.
I could not be more frustrated. John at Scottsdale service, and their Lucid techs, and Lucid in Ca have all been in on this today. Nobody knows how to get this to work. Here are photos of what we are doing. 1) Activating Tidal on top panel. Asked to sign in on Pilot Panel. 2) signing in on Pilot Panel 3) request on Pilot panel to visit Link.tidal.com. Login with your ITDAL account and then enter the code. Done. 4) Pilot panel indicates I am signed In. 5) go to Tidal app, No playlists available, no artists, no anything. No music available. What am I, Lucid DA in Denver, Lucid DA in Scottsdale, Lucid service advisor, Lucid tech, and Lucid, CA themselves all doing wrong? Thank you in advance for your help.

Attachments

• 859620A0-C180-4C75-9E8C-BF7A2390AAEB.jpeg
    859620A0-C180-4C75-9E8C-BF7A2390AAEB.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 121
  • ABECD854-0071-4213-BB9D-8E9DB0723363.jpeg
    ABECD854-0071-4213-BB9D-8E9DB0723363.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 133
  • 51ED72D1-0022-419F-AD96-7FF85947D83E.jpeg
    51ED72D1-0022-419F-AD96-7FF85947D83E.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 120
I realize I missed the photo of “No Items Available. Here it is.

Attachments

• 161E2FE8-8BF6-4A99-B2AA-DAF08C3B436D.jpeg
    161E2FE8-8BF6-4A99-B2AA-DAF08C3B436D.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 98
can you type in any song to its search text box and get result?

I can search things like Atmos Rock and get a song list which will play.
I think it may be data mapping hiccup issues. Have you created play list of Tidal on phone or PC?
So are you saying if you choose a Dolby ATMOS track, that ATMOS symbol won’t show up on right cockpit panel above the song name you picked?

I could not be more frustrated. John at Scottsdale service, and their Lucid techs, and Lucid in Ca have all been in on this today. Nobody knows how to get this to work. Here are photos of what we are doing. 1) Activating Tidal on top panel. Asked to sign in on Pilot Panel. 2) signing in on Pilot Panel 3) request on Pilot panel to visit Link.tidal.com. Login with your ITDAL account and then enter the code. Done. 4) Pilot panel indicates I am signed In. 5) go to Tidal app, No playlists available, no artists, no anything. No music available. What am I, Lucid DA in Denver, Lucid DA in Scottsdale, Lucid service advisor, Lucid tech, and Lucid, CA themselves all doing wrong? Thank you in advance for your help.
Did you create the playlist from your tidal app? When I create the playlist from the app it shows up n the car.

I think it may be data mapping hiccup issues. Have you created play list of Tidal on phone or PC?
So are you saying if you choose a Dolby ATMOS track, that ATMOS symbol won’t show up on right cockpit panel above the song name you picked?
I created playlists on my iphone, and on my ipad. I can certainly try a PC to create another play list. Correct, the ATMOS symbol will not show up.

Did you create the playlist from your tidal app? When I create the playlist from the app it shows up n the car.
Yes, play lists were created on the Tidal app on my iphone and Ipad.

This is beyond normalcy. You may have to get Service Center to troubleshoot this. I would first try a brand new account or another account to see it if work, if it works, there may be account related setting issues.

This is beyond normalcy. You may have to get Service Center to troubleshoot this. I would first try a brand new account or another account to see it if work, if it works, there may be account related setting issues.
The car was at the service center last week for this and other issues. Today for only this issue. Nobody seems to be able to get it to work. Today they “reset“ the module that handles the sound system (and perhaps other items). It did not help.

I am on free trial and you seem to have your own Tidal account with aol email. That’s the only difference I see.

The car was at the service center last week for this and other issues. Today for only this issue. Nobody seems to be able to get it to work. Today they “reset“ the module that handles the sound system (and perhaps other items). It did not help.
I had a similar issue where I had set up a Tidal account on my iPhone to check it out prior to getting my GT. I had to email Tidal support and they fixed it very easily. Tidal was very responsive

If you are still Experiencing Tidal account issue, you can try the following: Log into your Tidal Account at Tidal.com. Tap My Account>Manage Account. Tap Redeem>Redeem Voucher. Enter the Tidal Code provided on your Lucid Dashboard. Go to car. Tap application>Tidal. Enter the code from the car at link.tidal.com.

I created playlists on my iphone, and on my ipad. I can certainly try a PC to create another play list. Correct, the ATMOS symbol will not show up.

Are your Song and artists from your playlist showing up in the car? The playlist I created in iTunes show up as Mix1, Mix2, etc in the car. No Song title and artists.

The same goes for me...
I discovered how to see your playlist in the car. Select music in the upper right screen. Swipe down from the pilot panel to show the music display. Your playlist will be displayed. Tap to show list of songs in your playlist.

Back