Connectivity issues with AT&T

Lucky Luki

Cars
Lucid Grand Touring
I just got back from a trip with my Grand Touring to Santa Ynez in the wine country of California, and while in that area, I had constant trouble with connectivity. Alexa would not work, navigation would not work, Sirius would not work! Is it just the AT&T has bad service? Is there a way to boost the AT&T signal? Maybe Lucid could install a signal booster? Any other ideas??

I just got back from a trip with my Grand Touring to Santa Ynez in the wine country of California, and while in that area, I had constant trouble with connectivity. Alexa would not work, navigation would not work, Sirius would not work! Is it just the AT&T has bad service? Is there a way to boost the AT&T signal? Maybe Lucid could install a signal booster? Any other ideas??
Based on this map, there should be at least 4G coverage throughout that area. I've driven on the 166 a few times to and from LA, and have generally had good cell coverage. Once or twice I've lost signal for a few minutes, but I've also made trips without losing it at all. Not sure why you had such a tough time.
SmartSelect_20240115_204837_Chrome.jpg

Be sure to download offline maps for the areas you plan to travel through. You need to manually set the car's navigation to offline mode to use the downloaded maps - it won't switch automatically.

Be sure to download offline maps for the areas you plan to travel through. You need to manually set the car's navigation to offline mode to use the downloaded maps - it won't switch automatically.
Great, I have just downloaded the maps, thanks, I appreciate the help.

Based on this map, there should be at least 4G coverage throughout that area. I've driven on the 166 a few times to and from LA, and have generally had good cell coverage. Once or twice I've lost signal for a few minutes, but I've also made trips without losing it at all. Not sure why you had such a tough time.
View attachment 17686
Los Olivos is a complete AT&T Deadzone, even my cellphone does not work there, but my Friends had Verizon, which had five bars! Also, the house I was staying in in Santa Ynez, also a AT&T deadzone. Thanks for the coverage map, but if you zoom in you should see the dead areas.

Los Olivos is a complete AT&T Deadzone, even my cellphone does not work there, but my Friends had Verizon, which had five bars! Also, the house I was staying in in Santa Ynez, also a AT&T deadzone. Thanks for the coverage map, but if you zoom in you should see the dead areas.
Fair enough. I have Verizon too.

Great, I have just downloaded the maps, thanks, I appreciate the help.
Also, if you are an iPhone user, you could always use CarPlay and Apple Maps or Google Maps instead of the car's nav software. Both Apple Maps and Google Maps have automatic switching to use offline maps when there is a connectivity problem.

Also, if you are an iPhone user, you could always use CarPlay and Apple Maps or Google Maps instead of the car's nav software. Both Apple Maps and Google Maps have automatic switching to use offline maps when there is a connectivity problem.
But the problem is AT&T dead zone, and my iPhone is AT&T, so that won’t work.

But the problem is AT&T dead zone, and my iPhone is AT&T, so that won’t work.
You can download offline maps to your iPhone (before you depart home) in both Apple Maps and Google Maps. Unfortunately this won't help with Sirius. We have some music files on a USB drive in the car for this reason (or you could play music previously downloaded to your phone).

I have had other problems with connectivity, when I first get the car going out of the garage, the car seems to have trouble switching over from being connected to my home Wi-Fi to the car’s AT&T service, so if I try to change the music, Sirius or Apple, the car gets confused, and goes into “Connectivity Issues”, then I can’t get any music!
it does this even after the latest update.

I have had other problems with connectivity, when I first get the car going out of the garage, the car seems to have trouble switching over from being connected to my home Wi-Fi to the car’s AT&T service, so if I try to change the music, Sirius or Apple, the car gets confused, and goes into “Connectivity Issues”, then I can’t get any music!
it does this even after the latest update.
Turn off Wifi

Back