In the club! The Air club.

ButMahElectrons

Cars
'23 Lucid Air Pure AWD
Referral Code
EH3EPAK8
Hello all!
New member and lurker for a few weeks.
I've learned so much here with all the great conversations and posts.
We picked up our new '23 Lucid Air Pure last weekend.
We've been car shopping for two months now, and it's been level 3 or 4 of hell.
But that's when we wandered into a Lucid showroom, and got to experience the welcoming, informative and friendly product experts.
The sales pitch and test drive were a literal soothing balm compared to our other shopping experiences. And let's be honest, the Air sold itself.
We were just so happy they had a handful of '23 model Pures left in Chicago to get such a good deal, because this is THE nicest car we have ever driven, or sat in.
The plan was not necessarily to go electric, but with the absolutely impressive driving dynamics, build quality, features, and range that make the transition to an electric car, practically effortless, it was extremely compelling.
I devoured Lucid's YouTube videos for weeks after that, while were still exploring Audis, which were actually quite good also, and the A4 became the 2nd place option. The Air was just leaps and bounds in 1st place.
Now, none of this is a surprise to you current owners out there, but I am just completely still smitten with this car.
Both of us just can't wait to have to go somewhere to drive it.
Our first night, we drove off in the direction where Savagegeese drive, to experience the Air on open roads. Engaged Launch Control several times, and oh my is that a HOOT! Even on the lowly Pure trim. Just makes you laugh!

One other things I have to gush about, is the Surreal Sound Pro system. It is simply incredible.
I've not had the opportunity to play Dolby Atmos coded content through it, but only hi def Apple Music content. But even still, it is so incredibly clear, and the stereo staging is so well done that I almost think I'm hearing Atmos level staging at times. I am hearing Stereo staging with such clarity, that much of my regular music almost sounds "3 dimensional."
I can't even begin to think what the full spatial sound would be like.

Once again, hello to all, and I look forward to sharing experiences and discussions.

If anyone on the fence of purchasing a Lucid is on the fence, do let me know if you need yet another referral code ;)

Here are a few photos from Gotchya Day.

Attachments

• IMG_0508.jpeg
    IMG_0508.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0506.jpeg
    IMG_0506.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 658
Hello all!
But that's when we wandered into a Lucid showroom, and got to experience the welcoming, informative and friendly product experts.
The sales pitch and test drive were a literal soothing balm compared to our other shopping experiences. And let's be honest, the Air sold itself.
We were just so happy they had a handful of '23 model Pures left in Chicago to get such a good deal, because this is THE nicest car we have ever driven, or sat in.
The plan was not necessarily to go electric, but with the absolutely impressive driving dynamics, build quality, features, and range that make the transition to an electric car, practically effortless, it was extremely compelling.
I devoured Lucid's YouTube videos for weeks after that, while were still exploring Audis, which were actually quite good also, and the A4 became the 2nd place option. The Air was just leaps and bounds in 1st place.
Now, none of this is a surprise to you current owners out there, but I am just completely still smitten with this car.
Our first night, we drove off in the direction where Savagegeese drive, to experience the Air on open roads. Engaged Launch Control several times, and oh my is that a HOOT! Even on the lowly Pure trim. Just makes you laugh!

One other things I have to gush about, is the Surreal Sound Pro system. It is simply incredible.
I've not had the opportunity to play Dolby Atmos coded content through it, but only hi def Apple Music content. But even still, it is so incredibly clear, and the stereo staging is so well done that I almost think I'm hearing Atmos level staging at times. I am hearing Stereo staging with such clarity, that much of my regular music almost sounds "3 dimensional."

Once again, hello to all, and I look forward to sharing experiences and discussions.

If anyone on the fence of purchasing a Lucid is on the fence, do let me know if you need yet another referral code ;)
Everything you said is a carbon copy of my experience with my ‘23 Pure. You’ll find the pleasure factor will increase over time.

It’s an odd feeling when driving 80 mph because without an engine, it feels and sounds like I’m doing 20 mph. That’s when, uncontrollably, a smile beaks out across my face.

Of course, the Air Pure benefits from the same superb engineering as all trim levels that came before it, the 2023 with AWD in particular. After several months of ownership, the car still impresses. In retrospect, I would have added the option of having the 360 degree camera for parking and blind spot. That's my only regret. Enjoy your new awesome ride!

Hello all!

Congratulations, and welcome to the Lucid Owners Club!!! Enjoy the drive :)

Of course, the Air Pure benefits from the same superb engineering as all trim levels that came before it, the 2023 with AWD in particular. After several months of ownership, the car still impresses. In retrospect, I would have added the option of having the 360 degree camera for parking and blind spot. That's my only regret. Enjoy your new awesome ride!
I do have to agree. That's one of the few features the car is lacking in my trim.
I've become accustomed to the 360 cameras in my Jeep, and it does feel a tad blinding without them in the Air.
Ses la vie.

Congrats and welcome! I'd highly recommend signing up for the free Tidal trial period. Once you do so, just do a search for "ATMOS" genre.

Hello all!

Exactly, I also have high hopes for the Gravity and Midsize. Lucid will be devour sales from the big 3 Germans and from even Porsche.

Back