Seattle Area

@Unmutual Are the cars outside storage lot represent all the colors? I am not expecting mine for few more months but want to look at all colors in person to decide on the color.

@Unmutual Are the cars outside storage lot represent all the colors? I am not expecting mine for few more months but want to look at all colors in person to decide on the color.
Can't say for sure as I didn't look closely and it was raining. While I was there they were delivering silvers and reds, and I saw white and QG.

Picking up my car in the next 1 to 2 weeks! Any PPF or tinting shop recommendations? Im also new to the area, so I havent a clue.

I am not doing PPF - I went with their Modesta titanium/glass treatment. I don't put that many highway miles on the car & don't fear rock chips (I had an audi for 10 years and only encountered 2 minor ones) - I am optimizing for keeping the car cleaner and paint swirl-free. Quoted $1700 for the full car.
Just curious how the process for detailing went. Did you have to drive the car around for a while waiting for your appointment? How long did it take? Reason I am asking is that I live in CDA and will be driving/flying to Seattle to pick mine up (eventually). Would love to have it somehow go straight from the SS to the detailer without me having to drive it back and forth from CDA to SEA getting more rock chips. Advice appreciated.

Picking up my car in the next 1 to 2 weeks! Any PPF or tinting shop recommendations? Im also new to the area, so I havent a clue.
Whidbey had theirs done at Eastside Auto Salon in Bellevue by Joey (I think?) and seemed really happy with the results. I would also be interested in others recommendations and experiences.

The three processes that I had done took a week. They are booked up and requre an appointment. They have owners reserving a spot before they even have their cars. I had some scrap my car and peeled some of the Dynoshield loose. I have an appointment in Dec to get it fixed.

I had some scrap my car and peeled some of the Dynoshield loose.
Does the PPF end right on the edge of the car panel or was it more "tucked in" so the edge of the film isn't visible?

Not that this would have prevented the peeling (I don't think), but I've heard that one of the differentiators of a "great" PPF installer is that they tuck in the edges so that the inevitable dust accumulation at the edge isn't visible.

How do we feel about the 21" Summer tires in the Winter here? I come from Chicago where -20f is the norm, and I'd expect Summer tires to crack like glass there but the winters seem far more moderate here. I imagine there would be some occasional days where Summer tires would be sketchy, but as a weekender/joy riding vehicle, I'm not sure if a set of 19"s is required.

This will be my first Seattle winter.

How do we feel about the 21" Summer tires in the Winter here? I come from Chicago where -20f is the norm, and I'd expect Summer tires to crack like glass there but the winters seem far more moderate here. I imagine there would be some occasional days where Summer tires would be sketchy, but as a weekender/joy riding vehicle, I'm not sure if a set of 19"s is required.

My AGT 21” is my joy ride, winter will be back to Jeep/Ford/Honda. 😂

Well, just hope the ambient temp is 45+ degrees F and dry (doesn't sound too much like Seattle in the winter). I recall seeing a Pirelli statement that driving those tires consistently below their rated minimum temps voids their warranty. Sidewall cracks? -- your dime!

I've been here 10 years and it feels like the last few winters have been colder and wetter than the one before it. There's always a stretch of really cold days along with the occasional snow storm, and then atmospheric rivers of rain in between. It's usually enough to consistently discourage summer tires in the winter, but you definitely won't need winter tires unless you're going up into the mountains.

yup, mostly 40s&50s, nights low 40s and upper 30s. Cold snaps where it's high/upper 30s and low/freezing. A cold snap or two where it'll touch 15.

I've been here 10 years and it feels like the last few winters have been colder and wetter than the one before it. There's always a stretch of really cold days along with the occasional snow storm, and then atmospheric rivers of rain in between. It's usually enough to consistently discourage summer tires in the winter, but you definitely won't need winter tires unless you're going up into the mountains.
yup, mostly 40s&50s, nights low 40s and upper 30s. Cold snaps where it's high/upper 30s and low/freezing. A cold snap or two where it'll touch 15.

Good to know, thanks. I'll hold off on Winter tires for now.

I just discovered this thread while reading up on the 2.0 updates. I have owned a GT since April and reside in Port Orchard. the experience has been great with my only complaint being the EA/ Lucid charging issues. It all seems much better since the 2.0.18 update.
So there is another GT in Kitsap! I've only seen one so far (other than mine), on 305 in Poulsbo. Buddy has seen a gold DE near Lofall below the Hood Canal bridge, but I'm not sure if that's a resident or transient (to use orca language).

Good to know, thanks. I'll hold off on Winter tires for now.
There are enough hills and freezing temps around here for me to have dedicated snow tires. Had them on my E-class and felt much more comfortable than with all-seasons.

If you don’t mind where are you located. I’m up in Keyport and Poulsbo areas with some regularity. My favorite coffee roaster is up that way

If you don’t mind where are you located. I’m up in Keyport and Poulsbo areas with some regularity. My favorite coffee roaster is up that way
sent you a PM

Really depends where you are. We had snowmageddon a few years ago. Pretty much shut things down over here on the east side of King County. Like others have said…20’s and 30’s are common. I am also from Chicago, -20 will not be a usual occurrence. Big difference is the hills and lack of DOT working the roads. Seattle can be nasty in the winter. Your advantage is that you know how to drive the winter conditions.

Back