Seattle Area PPF Installers

I got my car back from Bespoke. It’s not completely dry yet, there’s still some bubbles underneath the PPF. Most of the edges are wrapped and he fixes a few locations where we noticed something. The mirror is done in a few pieces and not entirely seamless, I’ll have to see how I feel about it.

We’ll bring the car back in 2 weeks time for a checkup and fixes. Since I can’t wash it yet, I can’t test for the hydrophobic quality of the PPF or the ceramic coating.

Attachments

• 71A9B4A3-0DB3-4F2C-A49C-CE18768059B6.jpeg
    71A9B4A3-0DB3-4F2C-A49C-CE18768059B6.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 136
  • 457A91D1-3759-4F5A-A0FE-218134F3E14E.jpeg
    457A91D1-3759-4F5A-A0FE-218134F3E14E.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 137
I have read and also been told by installers that you should not use automated car washes like Brown Bear if you have PPF...could void warranty

@Mawashi Geri - i have received quotes from most installers within a day through email or through direct call - Eastside, Midnight, Bespoke, Metropolitan. Eastside is obvly the farthest in terms of scheduling, and Met is pbly most expensive for full coverage
Thanks for your input. I am scheduled at Eastside for this month. I have an estimate from them for the PPF and painted Brake Calipers. Imperial also gave me an estimate for the total make over. Seems to me that we have a lot of good facilities to choose from. Makes it hard for me to decide.

I got my car back from Bespoke. It’s not completely dry yet, there’s still some bubbles underneath the PPF. Most of the edges are wrapped and he fixes a few locations where we noticed something. The mirror is done in a few pieces and not entirely seamless, I’ll have to see how I feel about it.

We’ll bring the car back in 2 weeks time for a checkup and fixes. Since I can’t wash it yet, I can’t test for the hydrophobic quality of the PPF or the ceramic coating.
Matte finish looks super neat. How do you feel about the seam finish?

I'm getting the sense that the matt finish is actually trickier to do than gloss, because any part that's not perfect is going to show. I'm getting the sense that the 3 more tricky part is the hood with the vent, the back spoiler and the mirrors. I think they did a really good job on the hood and spoiler, I can't tell the matte finish is from an aftermarket wrap.

The mirror is completely covered on all sides, but it's not done by 1 piece, and I can see some small seams if I look closely. I noticed some other people's wrap doesn't completely cover the mirror so it's only partially matte. I'll followup with Bespoke at my 2 week checkup about this. I'm not sure what's the best solution here.

Just to report back that after the 2 week follow up appointment, they fixed most of the issues from the initial install and we’re now happy with the wrap.

Just to report back that after the 2 week follow up appointment, they fixed most of the issues from the initial install and we’re now happy with the wrap.
Glad to hear that. I liked Bespoke. I am sure they did a great job. Mine is still at Eastside Auto Salon. They will have had it for over a week. I will pick it up Monday. Looking forward to not seeing the wrap. I did opt for the additional coating. I decided not to have the brake calipers painted. As much as I want to I did not know how Lucid looked at modifications and the warranty. Worst case scenario I will have my Hyundai Kona Calipers painted. Just really like that look.

Glad to hear that. I liked Bespoke. I am sure they did a great job. Mine is still at Eastside Auto Salon. They will have had it for over a week. I will pick it up Monday. Looking forward to not seeing the wrap. I did opt for the additional coating. I decided not to have the brake calipers painted. As much as I want to I did not know how Lucid looked at modifications and the warranty. Worst case scenario I will have my Hyundai Kona Calipers painted. Just really like that look.
I really like the matte look with the quantum grey, personally I don’t miss highlighting the calipers. See how the rim for our other car got scratched, I might add some rim protection. But I’m worried about ruining the clean look.

Attachments

• 0906976F-5941-48EA-BA55-858EEC150A02.jpeg
    0906976F-5941-48EA-BA55-858EEC150A02.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 113
I really like the matte look with the quantum grey, personally I don’t miss highlighting the calipers. See how the rim for our other car got scratched, I might add some rim protection. But I’m worried about ruining the clean look.
Your car looks great. I also have the Quantum Gray. Our cars look so different. I like them both. Really considered the matte. Not sure why i didn’t go that route. Looks very sleek. Would be fun to compare them.

Sure, would be fun to compare notes. Maybe we should have an Seattle area Lucide meet.

Sure, would be fun to compare notes. Maybe we should have a Seattle area Lucide meet.
The Seattle area meet would be fun. I just picked up my Lucid from Eastside Auto Salon. I can say without any hesitation the car is transformed. A much cleaner and “shiny“ look. It looks better than it did from when I took issue of it. Not sure how that is possible. My guess is that the gray matter in my head wanted it to look better after spending bank on the wrap. It’s amazing how they can wrap a car and make it invisible.

The Seattle area meet would be fun. I just picked up my Lucid from Eastside Auto Salon. I can say without any hesitation the car is transformed. A much cleaner and “shiny“ look. It looks better than it did from when I took issue of it. Not sure how that is possible. My guess is that the gray matter in my head wanted it to look better after spending bank on the wrap. It’s amazing how they can wrap a car and make it invisible.
Pics please! Did you get ceramic as well or just wrapped? Do you know if they polished the paint before wrapping?

So, did anyone actually use any of these shops for PPF now? If so, what was the result? My AT should be delivered in a couple weeks, so I'm in the market for PPF in the Eastside / Seattle area and am hoping to learn from all of you.

Thx!
-Michael

So, did anyone actually use any of these shops for PPF now? If so, what was the result? My AT should be delivered in a couple weeks, so I'm in the market for PPF in the Eastside / Seattle area and am hoping to learn from all of you.

Thx!
-Michael
I went with Eastside and they're a great team with a clean facility. I'd trust them for full PPF but decided against it and just stuck with a top wrap

I also went with Eastside Auto Salon. I think I spent more time researching and debating myself on the PPF locations than buying the AGT. Glad to get it done. I went with the full wrap and additional coating.

Service advisor at the Lucid Service Center mentioned she's seen vehicles PPF'd at Eastside Auto Salon and Pista Film Solutions in Burien that looked really good, aka she couldn't tell it was PPF'd. She mentioned Eastside specifically seems to have done multiple Lucids at this point.

With that said, I have an appointment with Accutint Bellevue in March for full PPF, ceramic, and probably tint as well. Did a bunch of research on different places and kinda lazy to change it now. I know they've worked on a couple Lucids as well. Accutint Bellevue is priced decently if you qualify for any of their 15% discounts (I'm using Microsoft Prime but there's a couple others).

I went with Bespoke got the matte full wrap and ceramic coat on the glasses. Overall happy with the service.

Are the cantrails matte wrapped as well? it looks a little glossy in the picture

The cantrails are wrapped with glossy PPF to provide some contrast. I thought full matte might be too boring, that's just me.
Ah, makes sense now. I'm actually considering the opposite, glossy body but mattte cantrails, for the same reason.

Ah, makes sense now. I'm actually considering the opposite, glossy body but mattte cantrails, for the same reason.
This is totally personal preference, but the top might not be big enough to be noticeably matte. Also personally I find matte matches a little bit better with darker colors than lighter colors. But the pain on Lucid is pretty amazing by how much the look changes under different light.

Back