Seattle Area PPF Installers

Let us know what you see.
I got a quote of 6.5K for full body from Bespoke and 2.5K for front only - 3M or STEK
I’m new to this so take my observations with a grain of salt.

Of the few cars I saw, both shops tug in the edges in most areas, there’re places where I can see the edge at tight and less noticeable places from both shop. But I think Eastside Auto’s cut is a little cleaner because they look like from the template machine. +0.5 Eastside.

I saw small bubbles under the wrap from both places, they told me those bubbles would disappear after the film is completely dry. Again I think Eastside is slightly better in this regard. +0.5 Eastside.

Eastside auto have already done a few Lucid, but Bespoke have not. +1 Eastside.

Overall I suspect Eastside would have slightly better quality, but I’m not sure if the difference is going to be noticeable. But I’m a noob to this, so what do I know?

The wait time is longer with Eastside (potentially risk of paint damage driving to Vancouver while we wait) +1 Bespoke

The price is also better with Bespoke especially once I factor in the ceramic coating on top of PPF needed with XPEL. $7k vs $10k. +1 Bespoke

So at the end I see it as a toss up. I’m going to give Bespoke a try next week. I’ll report back how that goes.

Of the few cars I saw, both shops tug in the edges in most areas, there’re places where I can see the edge at tight and less noticeable places from both shop. But I think Eastside Auto’s cut is a little cleaner because they look like from the template machine. +0.5 Eastside.

I saw small bubbles under the wrap from both places, they told me those bubbles would disappear after the film is completely dry. Again I think Eastside is slightly better in this regard. +0.5 Eastside.

Overall I suspect Eastside would have slightly better quality, but I’m not sure if the difference is going to be noticeable. But I’m a noob to this, so what do I know?

The wait time is longer with Eastside (

The wait time is longer with Eastside (potentially risk of paint damage driving to Vancouver while we wait) +1 Bespoke

The price is also better with Bespoke especially once I factor in the ceramic coating on top of PPF needed with XPEL. $7k vs $10k. +1 Bespoke

So at the end I see it as a toss up. I’m going to give Bespoke a try next week. I’ll report back how that goes.
Totally agree with your comments and observations. For those reasons I chose Eastside Auto Salon. I am scheduled for Jan 30th. The one month wait however is allowing me time to backpedal and reassess my choice. $3k difference is significant for me. Imperial in Kirkland responded to me. Another consideration similar to Eastside. I have work orders in and will see what they respond with. Choices are difficult. It appears most of us are in the same boat of being new to wraps and the installers. Interesting journey. Our Lucid’s will look great regardless

I will wait to see how you like the results!

Have any of you considered installers in Vancouver, BC?

Can any Lucid owners here in the Seattle Area who have had their vehicles wrapped, ceramic coated, tinted or what ever else please give their input on what to do and where. I know that I am somewhat befuddled. It would appear that I have some good company on this topic. Thanks for any input.

Can't help you with PPF but I had ceramic done by California Tint. They have shops in Silverdale and Everett. Was recommended by a buddy who's plugged into high end cars and I'm happy with the result.

Have you guys tried Midnight Tint or Metropolitan Detail? I dont have 1st or 2nd hand reviews of either, or for that matter, any shop in SEA area, but reached out to these 2. Both use STEK.
Met - fully body "starts at 10K"; said ceramic coating is not needed if full body
Midnight - full body at 6.5K; ceramic coating will be 1.2K additional

Eager to hear thoughts on what folks are experiencing
I've had partial wraps of STEK on Teslas done by Metropolitan Detail, and they do a magnificent job - truly spotless, no bumps, edges well concealed. But they are kinda pricey.

My Lucid is at Bespoke right now getting the full wrap and ceramic for the glasses. I can't wait to get the car back to see the results. I'll test the 3M wrap which is supposed to be hydrophobic for awhile and warrantee for 10 years, but it's likely I'll add ceramic on top of that if it's not working out as well for me.

I came across this ScottHD youtube channel. He's been doing long term testing of various PPF and ceramic coatings products by exposing all the different products to the same outside element conditions and reporting on their performance overtime. He even tabulated the results for ceramic coating in a google sheet here.

The only problem is that most of these companies have updated their products before the long term reliability tests are completed. I definitely came away with a more realistic expectation.

Thanks for all the input. Was in Silverdale over the weekend. Another new choice to add to the list. I checked out those other facilities last month. Hard to decide. As stated in another post I am slated for Eastside Auto Salon this month. Just so many choices and not being familiar with the facilities I have to question my choice. I know that PPF, the Ceramic process car/wheels/brake calipers, painted brake calipers will be costly. Need to spend the monies wisely.

My Lucid is at Bespoke right now getting the full wrap and ceramic for the glasses. I can't wait to get the car back to see the results. I'll test the 3M wrap which is supposed to be hydrophobic for awhile and warrantee for 10 years, but it's likely I'll add ceramic on top of that if it's not working out as well for me.

I came across this ScottHD youtube channel. He's been doing long term testing of various PPF and ceramic coatings products by exposing all the different products to the same outside element conditions and reporting on their performance overtime. He even tabulated the results for ceramic coating in a google sheet here.

The only problem is that most of these companies have updated their products before the long term reliability tests are completed. I definitely came away with a more realistic expectation.
Agree on "realistic expectation".
After watching these videos in fact I have less interest in PPF now. Seems like most of the qualities (hydrophobic, self healing, scratch prevention) goes away within a year. Only benefit is the underlying paint is protected from many of the expected scratches/dings which do appear on the PPF. But then again, if the film is scratched but paint is not, now I'll have to remove the film to make the car look nice...thus no more protection.

I have to ask, what is a realistic expectation? Everyone on this forum seems enamored with the protective films. As I know nothing about the subject I am still struggling to spend the bucks on it. Just received my written estimate from Eastside Auto Salon. Lots of bank for the process. I even told the installer that. I find it very hard to get the various locations to call me. I complete all the requests on their sites and nothing. I have visited many of them but am clueless to what is fact and what is fiction. Tomorrow I will visit Imperial in Kirkland. Looking forward to everyone’s opinion on their wraps. Quite the journey. On a different note my Lucid Level 2 home charger just shipped. In additon, my cut to fit Weathertech rubber mats just shipped. Chose them over the MotorTrend as I hope they do not reek of rubber. Time will tell.

After watching these videos in fact I have less interest in PPF now. Seems like most of the qualities (hydrophobic, self healing, scratch prevention) goes away within a year. Only benefit is the underlying paint is protected from many of the expected scratches/dings which do appear on the PPF. But then again, if the film is scratched but paint is not, now I'll have to remove the film to make the car look nice...thus no more protection.

The weather of the pacific northwest has less sun/heat compared to Texas where those videos are made, our cars are unlikely to be outside 24/7 like those videos. So I'd expect the PPF to fair better than the video, I think of them as accelerated extreme cases. But you're right that the hydrophobic/self healing qualities would go away long before the 10 year warranty.

I'm doing PPF so that I can have a satin/matte finish, easier maintenance and have a peace of mind as I go about my days.

Where do you guys go to wash your cars, any recommendations?

The weather of the pacific northwest has less sun/heat compared to Texas where those videos are made, our cars are unlikely to be outside 24/7 like those videos. So I'd expect the PPF to fair better than the video, I think of them as accelerated extreme cases. But you're right that the hydrophobic/self healing qualities would go away long before the 10 year warranty.

I'm doing PPF so that I can have a satin/matte finish, easier maintenance and have a peace of mind as I go about my days.

Where do you guys go to wash your cars, any recommendations?
Good points on the PPF. What I expect from the PPF is protection from door dings and other small damaging events. I know that rocks will damage the vehicle. I live off of I-90 and it sucks. Large rocks on it like a hiking trail. Car parts and peoples trash everywhere. Unlike Montana, Wyoming and the likes this state has terrible problems with roadside trash. PPF has its limitations.

Washing the Lucid. Thats a great question. Personally I find it relaxing to wash and detail the car. It’s the only part of my life that I have control over, unlike the home where kids, spouses etc contribute to the mess. I am however picking up a car dryer. The Esoteric line looks like it will do a great job. I use BROWN BEAR for my daily car. Funny how when you take your cars in for service the dealership gives you BROWN BEAR wash vouchers. Odd how may Porches, MB’s, Teslas, Range Rovers etc you see going through the wash.

I have read and also been told by installers that you should not use automated car washes like Brown Bear if you have PPF...could void warranty

@Mawashi Geri - i have received quotes from most installers within a day through email or through direct call - Eastside, Midnight, Bespoke, Metropolitan. Eastside is obvly the farthest in terms of scheduling, and Met is pbly most expensive for full coverage

Can you link to the video that shows that scratch protection goes away after a year? I would think that since it's still a layer on top of the car, it would provide some protection no?

The way I think about PPF is that it's just a little more protection against common sources of minor physical damage, and after spending $125K for the car, the added cost is a bit more justifiable than say for a $50K car. I'm actually less concerned about making the car "glossy" or the paint look slightly better (it already look good enough for me for daily driving purposes) which seems to be the main reason behind ceramic coatings, although I am considering getting the glass treated to help better repel all the rain we get.

I have read and also been told by installers that you should not use automated car washes like Brown Bear if you have PPF...could void warranty

@Mawashi Geri - i have received quotes from most installers within a day through email or through direct call - Eastside, Midnight, Bespoke, Metropolitan. Eastside is obvly the farthest in terms of scheduling, and Met is pbly most expensive for full coverage

My understanding is that those touchless automated car washes is okay, but those with the brushes are quite damaging to the paint/PPF.

Can you link to the video that shows that scratch protection goes away after a year? I would think that since it's still a layer on top of the car, it would provide some protection no?

The way I think about PPF is that it's just a little more protection against common sources of minor physical damage, and after spending $125K for the car, the added cost is a bit more justifiable than say for a $50K car. I'm actually less concerned about making the car "glossy" or the paint look slightly better (it already look good enough for me for daily driving purposes) which seems to be the main reason behind ceramic coatings, although I am considering getting the glass treated to help better repel all the rain we get.

The link is in my comment about ScottHD youtube channel. The PPF would still protect the paint from the scratches, but the PPF would not self-heal after some period of time.

The link is in my comment about ScottHD youtube channel. The PPF would still protect the paint from the scratches, but the PPF would not self-heal after some period of time.
Makes sense, and that's still ok with me. If the PPF gets scratched and doesn't self heal, it's still on the PPF. Even if it doesn't look as good, it's still better than not having PPF and having the scratch directly on the car.

Back